The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They've been released at the end of their contract: as nobody has a clue what's going to happen that's perfectly understandable.

Do you think middle ranking clubs like the Pars are going to sign up a shiny new squad without knowing what sort of league system, if any, they'll be playing in next season?

Bantabairn has had an absolute holocaust on here in recent days.

You maybe right if they're all crap and only a pars fan could tell u that paul Paton excluded as hes definitely crap.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Raith haven’t went bust mate. That was Rangers.

I'm familiar with the story, it was the slaverings of @Bantabairn I was trying to highlight. Although he's doing a decent job of showing himself up without my help. He'd stand out like a sore thumb on any other thread.

Dunfermline have released 17 players.   They must be in a bad way.

Nope. The club have released no one.

Incidentally, the club did the same thing last year.

BBC talking shite then?

If they are claiming that players have been released then yes, they're talking shite.

So these players arent getting released at the end of their contracts then?

No. They won't be offered new contracts.

Yes so they are getting released at the end of their contracts. They arent being kept on with new ones.  Jesus christ. You either get kept on or released ffs.

No, you need to be under contract to be released. 

It's a word released ffs. If I release a balloon it doesnt need to be under contract to me first for fecks sake.

If you're under contract you can't be released unless you agree to it. 

As has been picked up on Twitter, the only sad thing is, though inevitable, these players could have been furloughed until August with minimal effect on their business. Screenshot_20200522-170857_Chrome.thumb.jpeg.2bac727392b8f191a34a6ed186a46db2.jpeg917000950_Screenshot_20200522-170624_BBC20Sport.thumb.jpeg.4f8d897146faae9a92545a21e4461ccd.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Fck them, another team that voted against reconstruction, hope they fold 

This.

When the leagues start up again we will probably still have 42 clubs, it just might not be the original 42 clubs. If some clubs do go down the shitter there are plenty waiting in the wings to take their place. Bye bye Brechin, hello Brora. f**k off Forfar, welcome Formartine.

f**k em.

Here’s a plan for getting football going again, based on the facts as we have them.

The chances of death for those catching the virus up to the age of 70 is very slight unless the person has diabetes and/or is obese(certainly plenty of them).

Most of the deaths are to those in care homes or those aged 70 plus. I think we can assume that if you are in a care home, it is most unlikely that you attend matches.

Everyone over 70 will, for the time being, be banned from games but will be allowed to watch games on TV despite residing in the UK.

Surely some kind of version of this would work?

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So you'd rather see us move elsewhere and be in a worse state than stay where we are simply because of the council. Jesus wept.

You are missing the point Shadwell. We have zero income coming in. No idea when that situation will change. The club has money but it won't last forever. Stadium is a major drain on funds and not providing one penny of income. Costs have to be cut. If the landlord wont renegotiate a token rent for a facility the club does not need and is not generating income. Then like any other company we terminate the lease.

Renegotiate and if that fails we walk. By doing that we buy a few more months with out finances. Going on your argument. Club goes burst but at least we had an office in a stadium when it all ended.

Yes so they are getting released at the end of their contracts. They arent being kept on with new ones.  Jesus christ. You either get kept on or released ffs.

Only 9 of the 17 listed played first team football this season. One of whom, Stuart Morrison, made 4 leagues appearances.

Also included in those 9 is a goalkeeper who was replaced midway through the season and 2 players who were loaned out to one of your seaside rivals.

Last season we didn’t renew the contracts of 8 regular first team players. The season before that, 8. The season before that, 7. That’s not including players who weren’t first team regulars or chose to sign for other clubs.

It's a word released ffs. If I release a balloon it doesnt need to be under contract to me first for fecks sake.

Fairly certain this is you losing the fucking place. Fantastic stuff.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You are missing the point Shadwell. We have zero income coming in. No idea when that situation will change. The club has money but it won't last forever. Stadium is a major drain on funds and not providing one penny of income. Costs have to be cut. If the landlord wont renegotiate a token rent for a facility the club does not need and is not generating income. Then like any other company we terminate the lease.

Renegotiate and if that fails we walk. By doing that we buy a few more months with out finances. Going on your argument. Club goes burst but at least we had an office in a stadium when it all ended.

We dont have no income coming in. We are currently selling the new strip. I would then expect us to produce some sort of plan for selling some sort of season ticket to keep the club going within the next month or so.  We're not going to be going on for months without any money.

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Only 9 of the 17 listed played first team football this season. One of whom, Stuart Morrison, made 4 leagues appearances.

Also included in those 9 is a goalkeeper who was replaced midway through the season and 2 players who were loaned out to one of your seaside rivals.

Last season we didn’t renew the contracts of 8 regular first team players. The season before that, 8. The season before that, 7. That’s not including players who weren’t first team regulars or chose to sign for other clubs.

Fairly certain this is you losing the fucking place. Fantastic stuff.

As I said it's not an issue if the players you are releasing all had no future at the club. We will probably release 3 or 4 once the furlough rules change but none of them will really be missed.

I haven't posted or been keeping up to date with P&B much lately so this topic may have previously been covered but here goes anyway.

If the club gets to the point where they need cash or it is looking like the end how many of us would invest to keep them afloat and what would we want guaranteed in return.

I know that everyones financial position is different and Covid may have changed some peoples situation but I would hate to see the club die.

I would be open to putting money into a back the bairn style initiative but I would only do it if the club guaranteed more fan involvement at board level. I never renewed last season but 47 years of supporting the club doesn't just end.

Would others be willing to help if the club came calling and would you expect anything from the board like shares in return.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

At some point in the future we might get to that stage. If our cash reserves are almost gone, then we'll have no choice but to go to FCSL and tell them we're pulling out or we'll go bankrupt. And then we deal with the ramifications at a later date when football restarts.

However, as long as we remain a solvent company who can pay staff and bring in (limited) revenue then I don't think it's a viable strategy.  

Quite simply the risks outweigh the rewards.

Clubs like Bellshill and Lanark are extending contracts and signing players in the West of Scotland league. Dunfermline are either 1) using a deadly pandemic as an excuse to empty dross like Paton or 2) sitting with even less cash lying around than eg Lanark.

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We dont have no income coming in. We are currently selling the new strip. I would then expect us to produce some sort of plan for selling some sort of season ticket to keep the club going within the next month or so.  We're not going to be going on for months without any money.

Strips will bring in a few thousand at the most and a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things. Buying a new top will not be a priority anyway for most folk. Season tickets should only be put on sale when we know there will be a fixture list. So if the club requires funds at least be straight with the fanbase and not sell a product they can't deliver and be up front and call it a fundraiser. If that has to be done to keep the club afloat it just reinforces the point about vacating unused premises.

If we do stay at the stadium then it has to be at a reduced rent. The council and other landlords will be doing that already to keep their tenants in place.

48 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I haven't posted or been keeping up to date with P&B much lately so this topic may have previously been covered but here goes anyway.

If the club gets to the point where they need cash or it is looking like the end how many of us would invest to keep them afloat and what would we want guaranteed in return.

I know that everyones financial position is different and Covid may have changed some peoples situation but I would hate to see the club die.

I would be open to putting money into a back the bairn style initiative but I would only do it if the club guaranteed more fan involvement at board level. I never renewed last season but 47 years of supporting the club doesn't just end.

Would others be willing to help if the club came calling and would you expect anything from the board like shares in return.

Absolutely, and can I urge fans to join Bairnforlife.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely, and can I urge fans to join Bairnforlife.

Any cash fans hand over should only be in exchange for shares. Anything else just now is enabling the ownership group who have run the club into the ground.

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Strips will bring in a few thousand at the most and a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things. Buying a new top will not be a priority anyway for most folk. Season tickets should only be put on sale when we know there will be a fixture list. So if the club requires funds at least be straight with the fanbase and not sell a product they can't deliver and be up front and call it a fundraiser. If that has to be done to keep the club afloat it just reinforces the point about vacating unused premises.

If we do stay at the stadium then it has to be at a reduced rent. The council and other landlords will be doing that already to keep their tenants in place.

Club will need to think outside the box regarding season tickets. Whether its giving something else for example shares instead if the games dont materialise.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Here’s a plan for getting football going again, based on the facts as we have them.

The chances of death for those catching the virus up to the age of 70 is very slight unless the person has diabetes and/or is obese(certainly plenty of them).

Most of the deaths are to those in care homes or those aged 70 plus. I think we can assume that if you are in a care home, it is most unlikely that you attend matches.

Everyone over 70 will, for the time being, be banned from games but will be allowed to watch games on TV despite residing in the UK.

Surely some kind of version of this would work?

Ok, to clarify, “very slight” is how much, perhaps 2%? So if you are a regular fan, and attend 18 matches, and have not had COVID-19, you have a 2% chance of dying if you catch it...and each game gives you a chance, let’s say 5%. That gives you an 81% chance of catching it at a game, or a 1.6% chance of dying because you went to TFS. Even dropping the chance to 1% gives you a 15% chance of catching it!

Now, let’s talk about the reality, you deluded twit. Every study that’s come out has shown changes in lung function and tissue for many of those recovering from COVID-19. There are kidney, liver and immunological issues too. The impact of these over the next decades won’t be known for sometime, but given what this disease does to the occasional young victim, it is very scary.

THIS ISN’T THE FLU, YOU BLETHERING BABOON! YOU AND THE DAILY MAIL’S PAID CHIMPS AREN’T QUALIFIED TO PASS JUDGEMENT ON THESE MATTERS. Sit down, sir!