The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We are re running football topics and now saying the same thing using different words. Straying onto subjects that have no place on a football forum.

So football discussion topic.

What is the greatest team goal you have seen at a game or on a live tv game. remember it must have been seen in real time ?

Braking the rules as it wasn’t live for me but I have to mention it because it was so good. Best team goal I’ve seen, by a mile: Jack Wilshere’s goal v Norwich City. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I know you said team goal but Dennis Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle was something else, I'll never forget watching that game with my mates all hungover to hell during an 'empty' 🤣

That's what makes these moments all the more memorable. Where you were and who you were with.

Simon's against the perth farmers, Crunchies against Hearts in the semi and Huntly at Brockville. Scott Sloans on Sky at Dens in the cup and every single goal against the Fifer scum!! Best and wildest celebration was big Ivo's last gasp header equaliser against Scumfermline at their heap....Absolute bedlam!😁 

10 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Seen yogi in his first ever game and can remember saying to mate that we’ve signed a donkey. Switched to playing as a centre back and the rest is history. As a player no one should underestimate what he gave for the team, and the club. Never in the same league as some of the more silkier players we’ve had, but ask any player he was first player they'd want on the  team sheet. I can’t actually think of any player that would shout at his shadow since yogi, and for me total respect. Got his big money transfers and not grudged a penny. Enter management, I thought he done reasonably well with us, but everyone could see, once we lost the Latapys we toiled. Dont have any information on the alleged claims and counter claims, but there was an emerging pattern with all his clubs, that he was a very self centred opinionated egotistical guy........ which doesn’t work well in the modern game. However as a player don’t forget what he gave us.........

This has got to be the best summary of yogi, that I have read. If he had cut out the off the field stuff people would still have good memories, but sadly no.

Diego Maradona's goal against England.

And the other one.

Place, and who with. Forties Alpha Level 2 Recreation Room with Nigel Mudd...top guy and England fan, and seven or eight other guys.......some Scottish, some English. That in a single game Maradona reached an incredible high and a delicious low made English baiting that night and the whole of next week with a trapped audience a very special thing.

I remember this night like it was yesterday, unfortunately i was serving in NI at the time and got a few strange looks when i ran into the NAAFI shouting GIRUY to a few of my Rangers supporting mates. Its always good getting one over either side of the arsecheeks that is the OF

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

The thought of the crowd sends shivers down my spine,the bus journey back to Elliots was fantastic and the chants were unreal.Oh for those days agian.

Glued to Radio Scotland that night listening to it wishing i was there had took pelters from some of my pals that were rangers fans saying we were going to get humped what a buzz though even for radio was going mental when Cadette scored.

Come on here to get away from the coronavirus chat and to get some football talk, only to find the conversation is just as bad. Some stuff over the last few pages would make your eyes bleed and definitely not for a football forum. 

Anyway, not the best goal I’ve ever seen but one I really enjoyed was the season we got relegated from the Prem. one of the last few games either before the split or before the last game of the season, we won 1-0 away at Motherwell with a lovely team goal finished by Moutinho back heeling they ball to Flynn to tap home. A brilliant goal. 

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Come on here to get away from the coronavirus chat and to get some football talk, only to find the conversation is just as bad. Some stuff over the last few pages would make your eyes bleed and definitely not for a football forum. 

Anyway, not the best goal I’ve ever seen but one I really enjoyed was the season we got relegated from the Prem. one of the last few games either before the split or before the last game of the season, we won 1-0 away at Motherwell with a lovely team goal finished by Moutinho back heeling they ball to Flynn to tap home. A brilliant goal. 

Was trying to remember another goal when Moutinho and Flynn with someone else took the pish in a triangular thing for a goal, but can't remember when. Found this while looking, great memories of the trip.. Hasn't all been pish in the last 11 years.

Edited by welshbairn

17 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We are re running football topics and now saying the same thing using different words. Straying onto subjects that have no place on a football forum.

So football discussion topic.

What is the greatest team goal you have seen at a game or on a live tv game. remember it must have been seen in real time ?

Since you asked for a team goal and everyone weighed in with individual screamers I will bring it back to the original question.

Check out Tyler Robert's goal this season for Leeds v Hull - classic BielsaBall , hunting in packs to win the ball back in defence then a fast counter attack loading one side with sublime quick passing.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2020/03/01/video-tyler-roberts-first-goal-vs-hull-2020-great-team-goal-from-leeds-and-full-build-up-bielsa-ball/

On 19/05/2020 at 17:29, RandomGuy. said:

I cant think of a single club he has left in a better position than when he found it in the past decade.

An abysmal manager who couldnt build a squad to save himself without having excessive amounts of money to chuck at it.

Its not a coincidence ICT and Hibs were relegated not long after he left.

Best example is Hibs, took charge of a consistent top 6 side and within 18 months turned them into a side who couldnt finish above 10th and ended up relegated.

ICT, took a side that was finishing in the top four, kept them there and won the cup, but filled the squad with overpaid dross, which forced a huge financial cutback just to keep the club liquid, ending in relegation.

Raith were closer to the teams above them when he joined than when he left. Being relegated by a Brechin side who couldnt win a game at Championship level despite improving their squad.

His list of work is getting Hartlepool and Raith relegated, taking two successful sides and within 24 months dragging them down into a spiral that ends in relegation.

Livingston he wasnt there long enough to "work his magic".

Cant remember his time at you lot but considering everything that's come inbetweeners then and now it's hardly relevant.

Hes an abysmal manager who's been lucky to ride on the waves of successful sides for short spells before he inevitably destroys them. 

There is absolutely zero chance any successful top flight side will touch him as hes an absolute grenade of a manager, and the only person who believes any different is Hughes himself, which frankly has me wondering if you're him.

You basically dismiss the fact he won the cup which for a provincial club in recent times is a hell of an achievement - something you feel the need to highlight on your post footer so you clearly think it's something of merit.

Then you conveniently cannot remember his time as Falkirk manager despite him being in the job for 6 years - twice as long as his 2nd longest job at Inverness. How can this be not be relevant??????

For the benefit of your dodgy selective memory Yogi won the Championship/1st Division as a manger as well as the Challenge Cup , then kept us in the Premiership for 4 years - we have never had a sniff of it since.  He got us to the Scottish Cup Final in 2009 when we played Rangers off the pitch losing to Novo fluke and denied a blatant goal again by dodgy officials. We qualified for Europe for the first time in our history before he left - so we were in a better position than we'd ever been.

We got relegated at the end of the next season because Eddie May was an atrocious manager …….abysmal even - you see that what one looks like.       

You clearly don't like the man which is fine but don't twist the facts to suit your own agenda. His achievements in football clearly proves he knows a great deal more than you about the game.   

42 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

We got relegated at the end of the next season because Eddie May was an atrocious manager

True, but he was left with a cleared out squad and no money.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

You basically dismiss the fact he won the cup which for a provincial club in recent times is a hell of an achievement - something you feel the need to highlight on your post footer so you clearly think it's something of merit.

Then you conveniently cannot remember his time as Falkirk manager despite him being in the job for 6 years - twice as long as his 2nd longest job at Inverness. How can this be not be relevant??????

For the benefit of your dodgy selective memory Yogi won the Championship/1st Division as a manger as well as the Challenge Cup , then kept us in the Premiership for 4 years - we have never had a sniff of it since.  He got us to the Scottish Cup Final in 2009 when we played Rangers off the pitch losing to Novo fluke and denied a blatant goal again by dodgy officials. We qualified for Europe for the first time in our history before he left - so we were in a better position than we'd ever been.

We got relegated at the end of the next season because Eddie May was an atrocious manager …….abysmal even - you see that what one looks like.       

You clearly don't like the man which is fine but don't twist the facts to suit your own agenda. His achievements in football clearly proves he knows a great deal more than you about the game.   

What goal was this Hank? If it was the one we 'scored' then Mark Stewart was definitely offside when the ball was played to him, (baw hair right enough) before he crossed to Finnegan.