The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Right, that's you finished, I've had enough of your shite.

In Oz they refer to football strips as uniforms also , it's annoying and much worse than the soccer thing.

Especially when you inadvertently find yourself saying it back to them.     

11 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I had a look. I have time just now. Raith had lost 6 games in a row under Locke before he came in and they had struggled all season. He came in and won 4, drew 2 and lost 7. It was actually a fair improvement on what had gone before, though obviously still not great. They got edged out in the two legged final on penalties against Brechin. It’s his worst period in management but still not exactly a catastrophic record and, like I said before, his CV stands up. I do agree that he does need a good wingman though.

I’ll never understand the folk on here who dismiss his record.

That was the brechin side that went all season without a win in the championship. 🤣🤣

12 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Falkirk. Livingston. Inverness. All not failures. Hibs and Hartlepool - overall record is okay. Raith is his blot. Don’t know where you get “guaranteed failure” from that.

I cant think of a single club he has left in a better position than when he found it in the past decade.

An abysmal manager who couldnt build a squad to save himself without having excessive amounts of money to chuck at it.

Its not a coincidence ICT and Hibs were relegated not long after he left.

Best example is Hibs, took charge of a consistent top 6 side and within 18 months turned them into a side who couldnt finish above 10th and ended up relegated.

ICT, took a side that was finishing in the top four, kept them there and won the cup, but filled the squad with overpaid dross, which forced a huge financial cutback just to keep the club liquid, ending in relegation.

Raith were closer to the teams above them when he joined than when he left. Being relegated by a Brechin side who couldnt win a game at Championship level despite improving their squad.

His list of work is getting Hartlepool and Raith relegated, taking two successful sides and within 24 months dragging them down into a spiral that ends in relegation.

Livingston he wasnt there long enough to "work his magic".

Cant remember his time at you lot but considering everything that's come inbetweeners then and now it's hardly relevant.

Hes an abysmal manager who's been lucky to ride on the waves of successful sides for short spells before he inevitably destroys them. 

There is absolutely zero chance any successful top flight side will touch him as hes an absolute grenade of a manager, and the only person who believes any different is Hughes himself, which frankly has me wondering if you're him.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I cant think of a single club he has left in a better position than when he found it in the past decade.

An abysmal manager who couldnt build a squad to save himself without having excessive amounts of money to chuck at it.

Best example is Hibs, took charge of a consistent top 6 side and within 18 months turned them into a side who couldnt finish above 10th and ended up relegated.

ICT, took a side that was finishing in the top four, kept them there and won the cup, but filled the squad with overpaid dross, which forced a huge financial cutback just to keep the club liquid, ending in relegation.

Raith were closer to the teams above them when he joined than when he left. Being relegated by a Brechin side who couldnt win a game at Championship level despite improving their squad.

His list of work is getting Hartlepool and Raith relegated, taking two successful sides and within 24 months dragging them down into a spiral that ends in relegation.

Cant remember his time at you lot but considering everything that's come inbetweeners then and now it's hardly relevant.

Hes an abysmal manager who's been lucky to ride on the waves of successful sides for short spells before he inevitably destroys them. 

There is absolutely zero chance any successful top flight side will touch him as hes an absolute grenade of a manager, and the only person who believes any different is Hughes himself, which frankly has me wondering if you're him.

He did an excellent job with us but that was with the patience to work from scratch and build the club up slowly. As I've said before I dont feel he has that patience now and is looking more for a club that's already got there and that's why hes still out of a job. Going for the likes of hibs and st Johnstone jobs  would back that up.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

“Grenade”, “abysmal”, strong words indeed. If he’s those words, then I can’t imagine what words you’d use to describe managers in recent times such as Locke, Cathro, MacKinnon, Hartley, Caldwell, Heckingbottom and many more.

If you want to go all in on him then fair enough but it’s difficult to find consistent managers out there, year in, year out, outwith the Old Firm. Tommy Wright, yep and a better manager. McInnes, absolutely. Robinson has done well at Motherwell for a period. 

There’s probably about 20 or so decent-sized clubs or above in this country, with a pretty high turnover of managers. With the right fit he could do a job but if it’s getting a manager who ticks all the boxes, short term results, great legacy, getting recruitment spot on more often than not, good luck with that.

And with regards to “excessive amounts of money”, according to him he’s spent 250k on four players in his whole career, Holden (good buy), Stewart (flop), Gow (good buy) and most of it on Stokes (great buy).

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

“Grenade”, “abysmal”, strong words indeed. If he’s those words, then I can’t imagine what words you’d use to describe managers in recent times such as Locke, Cathro, MacKinnon, Hartley, Caldwell, Heckingbottom and many more.

If you want to go all in on him then fair enough but it’s difficult to find consistent managers out there, year in, year out, outwith the Old Firm. Tommy Wright, yep and a better manager. McInnes, absolutely. Robinson has done well at Motherwell for a period. 

There’s probably about 20 or so decent-sized clubs or above in this country, with a pretty high turnover of managers. With the right fit he could do a job but if it’s getting a manager who ticks all the boxes, short term results, great legacy, getting recruitment spot on more often than not, good luck with that.

Hughes offers none of that, you're lucky if you get a decent 18 months before he saddles you with high earning, inadequate, dross.

As I said, Callum Davidson might be a disaster, but at least theres a chance he doesnt harm the club for years afterwards, Hughes virtually guarantees that.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hughes offers none of that, you're lucky if you get a decent 18 months before he saddles you with high earning, inadequate, dross.

As I said, Callum Davidson might be a disaster, but at least theres a chance he doesnt harm the club for years afterwards, Hughes virtually guarantees that.

I think you have very high expectations of moderate sized Scottish clubs. Most clubs of that stature, with the odd exception, have peaks and troughs. 

Away from the yogi stuff, been done to death on here before and an afterthought from the league vote, most clubs voted in self interest however can anyone see what dundee got out of the result? All I can see is they've gave up a chance of going up via playoffs, allowed their main rivals to go up and got a far bigger club to compete with next season. I can't see any upside for them at all.

Can only guess we will get the answer when Celtic roll up for a Pre Season Friendly at Dens and leave 2 or 3 prominent loan deals to help them out. Not sure that would have been enough to get them to change their vote though, so would not be surprised if they were funding them some other way. The whole thing stinks!!

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

There’s a massive difference between volunteering information and telling a child he is going to be raped.  I’m sure you must know that. 

What am I reading? Take a look at yourself bud, this is a football forum!

23 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I think you have very high expectations of moderate sized Scottish clubs. Most clubs of that stature, with the odd exception, have peaks and troughs. 

You're just ignoring what I'm saying.

I'm more than aware St Johnstone might get relegated and Callum Davidson, or whoever is hired, might do that.

John Hughes virtually guarantees St Johnstone will go into a downwards spiral that leads to relegation. He done it with ICT and Hibs, who were both top six regulars before he joined, and became bottom half clubs/relegated, after he left.

Edited by RandomGuy.

20 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Hamilton, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock seem to have bucked that trend recently.  With the right people in charge on and off the park it's possible.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're just ignoring what I'm saying.

I'm more than aware St Johnstone will get relegated and Callum Davidson, or whoever is hired, might do that.

John Hughes virtually guarantees St Johnstone will go into a downwards spiral that leads to relegation. He done it with ICT and Hibs, who were both top six regulars before he joined, and became bottom half clubs/relegated, after he left.

My dad knows a few folk involved in football and he's been told excellent things about Davidson, obviously it's never guaranteed to work out but I'd certainly prefer him over Hughes!

14 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

Can only guess we will get the answer when Celtic roll up for a Pre Season Friendly at Dens and leave 2 or 3 prominent loan deals to help them out. Not sure that would have been enough to get them to change their vote though, so would not be surprised if they were funding them some other way. The whole thing stinks!!

A pre season friendly is hardly a money spinner, loans could certainly make a difference but dundee could lose out on at least a million (probably more) in a season with no guarantee of going up after that, I just don't understand their voting at all.

Completely agree with you. However, we can be sure they did not "punish" themselves without something further down the road. Time will tell and it will be interesting to see what they spend and who they sign for next season. They certainly will get teams raising their game against them because of the way they handled the vote.

Wonder what Marshy's up to these days, getting bored probably. 

55 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

There’s a massive difference between volunteering information and telling a child he is going to be raped.  I’m sure you must know that. 

49 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What am I reading? Take a look at yourself bud, this is a football forum!

13 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Just to be clear, another forum user can tell me to prepare to be raped and I’m somehow in the wrong? That’s victim blaming in my eyes. 

On 17/05/2020 at 21:55, Marshmallo said:

For the mod who PM'd me, I tried to reply but your Inbox is full.

We have the same IP because he is my son. That's why.