The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I suppose, I mean an experienced man like Calum Davidson is a more safe pair of hands.

Better to hire a potential failure rather than a guaranteed one.

If John Hughes is waiting for a job with a top 6 side then he'll be waiting a long time.

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Sounds like another one with a beef against the man.

Why?

His last job was getting a full time side relegated to League One, its hardly a slur to say he won't be in the running to take charge of a side who finished 6th in the top flight.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Why?

His last job was getting a full time side relegated to League One, its hardly a slur to say he won't be in the running to take charge of a side who finished 6th in the top flight.

Falkirk. Livingston. Inverness. All not failures. Hibs and Hartlepool - overall record is okay. Raith is his blot. Don’t know where you get “guaranteed failure” from that.

Why?

Most Raith supporters will tell you that the bulk of the damage was done by the previous incumbent and he didn’t get the chance to change the team adequately to avoid the ongoing collapse....

23 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Most Raith supporters will tell you that the bulk of the damage was done by the previous incumbent and he didn’t get the chance to change the team adequately to avoid the ongoing collapse....

I had a look. I have time just now. Raith had lost 6 games in a row under Locke before he came in and they had struggled all season. He came in and won 4, drew 2 and lost 7. It was actually a fair improvement on what had gone before, though obviously still not great. They got edged out in the two legged final on penalties against Brechin. It’s his worst period in management but still not exactly a catastrophic record and, like I said before, his CV stands up. I do agree that he does need a good wingman though.

I’ll never understand the folk on here who dismiss his record.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The thing is, your attachment to the club that you support and love grows exponentially over the years, so somebody who has supported their club for 3 years can't possibly begin to comprehend how somebody who has supported the club for say 30 years would feel about walking away from the club. 

Ive no idea why you’ve taken such issue with me saying it would be difficult to walk away from the club. My logic is if someone who has only been a regular for 3/4 years would find it difficult then it stands to reason fans who have been following the club for longer would also find it difficult.  

If this is all because I pointed out that making sexual posts towards youngsters was creepy then can I suggest we bury the hatchet? I don’t want to argue with a fellow Bairn. 

Falkirk. Livingston. Inverness. All not failures. Hibs and Hartlepool - overall record is okay. Raith is his blot. Don’t know where you get “guaranteed failure” from that.

How many of those clubs did he leave on good terms?

How many of those clubs did he leave on good terms?

To be fair, how many managers genuinely leave football clubs on good terms?

I think Yogi is the sort of guy who’s very open about things so we know more than we do about the events behind the scenes than is the norm....

To be fair, how many managers genuinely leave football clubs on good terms?
I think Yogi is the sort of guy who’s very open about things so we know more than we do about the events behind the scenes than is the norm....

The recurring theme with him is that he starts off really well (not Raith obviously) but eventually falls out with the Directors and things turn to shit.
Overall he did well for us but I always preferred him as a player.

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Ive no idea why you’ve taken such issue with me saying it would be difficult to walk away from the club. My logic is if someone who has only been a regular for 3/4 years would find it difficult then it stands to reason fans who have been following the club for longer would also find it difficult.  

If this is all because I pointed out that making sexual posts towards youngsters was creepy then can I suggest we bury the hatchet? I don’t want to argue with a fellow Bairn. 

I agree with you.

What he said was disgusting.

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree with you.

Thing's that's creepy here is a couple of probably middle aged men playing tease with another middle aged man and pretending to be teenagers.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thing's that's creepy here is a couple of probably middle aged men playing tease with another middle aged man and pretending to be teenagers.

Can I ask why I’m being picked on? I can send you a link to my Facebook page if you like. I’ve been singled out a few times and have no idea why. 

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree with you.

I make a joke about KY Jelly.

You couldn't care less that Britain's BAME population are dying at a disproportionate rate from Covid-19.

I know who's the more disgusting.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Middle aged? I should be so lucky.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Right, that's you finished, I've had enough of your shite.

As you were, sarge. You’re not in my chain of command so I have no reason to honor your rose-colored view of the correct spelling or word usage. Besides, without Donald to point at in horror you’d be having to face Boris!