The Falkirk FC Thread

It doesn't grow exponentially over the years. It grows exponentially at first, and then levels off (or may decrease, but hopefully not).

I think after 3 years you've got the bug enough. And if not, so what, leave the lad alone.

How many times (to the nearest million) have we heard or read people describing their first or an early game and saying "and that was me hooked for life".

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He said there was 5 on the pitch and more on the bench which simply wasnt the case but any chance to bum himself up in that interview is taken as the guy interviewing him is clueless.  He seemed surprised he never got an interview for the hibs job and was going for the st Johnstone job. He needs to realise that it's the forfars and stirling Albion jobs he needs to be going for to get himself back in the game as he's been out the game for a while and had a disaster at raith. Mind you the way hes talking himself up I'm surprised hes not been picked up by man u by now.🤣

Again, the negative. The guy, though he talks about it a lot himself, does have a good CV. Maybe even very good. Yeah, it might be the Forfars for now, but the St Johnstone post is vacant and if you want someone in the know about the Scottish game, he’d be in the running. The Raith Rovers was a short term job that ended up in relegation, okay. He’s had a strike against him. I think he’d do a good job at decent sized provincial club in Scotland. 

31 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Again, the negative. The guy, though he talks about it a lot himself, does have a good CV. Maybe even very good. Yeah, it might be the Forfars for now, but the St Johnstone post is vacant and if you want someone in the know about the Scottish game, he’d be in the running. The Raith Rovers was a short term job that ended up in relegation, okay. He’s had a strike against him. I think he’d do a good job at decent sized provincial club in Scotland. 

He needs to lower his expectations though. Get your feet in the door at a forfar and do well there and who knows what job you might get. He won't get a top flight job or a decent championship as hes been out the game 3 years now. Thinking he was going to have a chance at the jobs job is just delusional.

Every time he lost his job in that podcast it was someone else's fault. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He needs to lower his expectations though. Get your feet in the door at a forfar and do well there and who knows what job you might get. He won't get a top flight job or a decent championship as hes been out the game 3 years now. Thinking he was going to have a chance at the jobs job is just delusional.

He could get a job at a St Johnstone, no problem. It might require a bit of a buy-in from a board because of his style I grant you. I think he needs to get his head around budgets a bit more this time though. The Inverness job, he should’ve probably just accepted what he was told there about the reduction in budget. It might’ve meant a bit more of a struggle but as long as they stayed up, after the success he brought them, then I think the fans would’ve just have to dealt with leaner times.

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Suspect he is one of these managers that requires a certain type of assistant / co manager to maximise his talent and maybe keep some undesirable traits under control and vise versa. 

John Hughes was a successful manager of Falkirk Football Club and that should not be forgotten. His record stands up to comparison with the best that had stewardship of the club.

Criticism seems to come from alleged comments made on his departure from the stadium. Un verified and as far as I am aware nobody has ever put their name as having witnessed what was said. Or given a transcription of what was supposed to have been said.

So anybody in the forum in position to provide the proof ?

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Suspect he is one of these managers that requires a certain type of assistant / co manager to maximise his talent and maybe keep some undesirable traits under control and vise versa. 

John Hughes was a successful manager of Falkirk Football Club and that should not be forgotten. His record stands up to comparison with the best that had stewardship of the club.

Criticism seems to come from alleged comments made on his departure from the stadium. Un verified and as far as I am aware nobody has ever put their name as having witnessed what was said. Or given a transcription of what was supposed to have been said.

No point going over all that again.

11 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

He could get a job at a St Johnstone, no problem. It might require a bit of a buy-in from a board because of his style I grant you. I think he needs to get his head around budgets a bit more this time though. The Inverness job, he should’ve probably just accepted what he was told there about the reduction in budget. It might’ve meant a bit more of a struggle but as long as they stayed up, after the success he brought them, then I think the fans would’ve just have to dealt with leaner times.

I'd expect Callum Davidson to get that job. I reckon if he had gone for a lower league job or two he wouldve got one by now.

53 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It was brought up a couple of weeks ago by an eye witness to the actual comment. He said it was said as reported, but not in the manner reported.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was brought up a couple of weeks ago by an eye witness to the actual comment. He said it was said as reported, but not in the manner reported.

Exactly ! possibly taken out of context. Some clarity on the circumstances and the statement made in full.

That should sort things out once and for all.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Criticism seems to come from alleged comments made on his departure from the stadium.

Also from leaving the Club nearly bankrupt after his final season push for glory. That was down to the Directors for allowing it though too of course.

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Exactly ! possibly taken out of context. Some clarity on the circumstances and the statement made in full.

That should sort things out once and for all.

It's already been sorted out. Look through the posts from 60s Bairn and you'll find the answer there.

2 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

He could get a job at a St Johnstone, no problem. 

Theres absolutely zero chance of John Hughes being the next St Johnstone manager.

17 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Don't really care about the shirts really , as long as that pattern is not just a generic Puma thing and we will see the same thing on other clubs' shirts.

A quick knock around the Puma uniform design site shows the shadow hexagon design is a standard, off the shelf design (called “Teamfinal 21” or “Final”), however the addition of the 120 degree offset striping isn’t listed as an option. The question would be is that something they intend to offer as standard for their professional line?

59 minutes ago, TxRover said:

A quick knock around the Puma uniform design site shows the shadow hexagon design is a standard, off the shelf design (called “Teamfinal 21” or “Final”), however the addition of the 120 degree offset striping isn’t listed as an option. The question would be is that something they intend to offer as standard for their professional line?

Right, that's you finished, I've had enough of your shite.