The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm sure Dave Mac said last night the away shorts and socks would be blue.

I believe there will be pics online over the next couple of days rather than computer graphics.

Re the other question about who chose it, for the last couple of years the lady who owns the Sisters Ship in Lint Riggs was heavily involved in the selection. Not sure about this season.

Have always been under the impression most teams have 3 colours of socks so there is never a clash with opposition strips. Seems reasonable and common sense when the main emphasis is the jersey and shorts of the strip.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe there will be pics online over the next couple of days rather than computer graphics.

Re the other question about who chose it, for the last couple of years the lady who owns the Sisters Ship in Lint Riggs was heavily involved in the selection. Not sure about this season.

Lauren Brown

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have always been under the impression most teams have 3 colours of socks so there is never a clash with opposition strips. Seems reasonable and common sense when the main emphasis is the jersey and shorts of the strip.

Don't think that's ever been the case with us. We had three strips for a couple of years when we were in the Premier League but I can't recall us ever needing a third set of socks.

The only thing you normally see three of are goalie strips because as well as not clashing with the opposition goalie and team you're not allowed to clash with the referee either.

Nice to have some aspect of normality return, the occasion of grown men pretending they're Gok Wan, the annual kit launch.
It doesn't matter what any of think, as long as a bunch of under 15s like it & it sells.
So grown men aren't allowed to have an opinion on what is, going by the graphic, an absolutely honking effort. Pretty sure most fans were kids at some point who still get excited about the new kit launch in their adult years. Let's hope it looks better in the flesh. I'd have preferred the pattern to be over the full strip and without the red groin lines.

5 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Interview with Yogi and stuff about his time at the club straight from the horses mouth!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0j9QI9MpsrSHT7RCmFzaXf?si=2huXEVI6S0qLTCMMRnbrOg&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A2jTKOVU0uAND8DwprMPlC8

Great listen!  Embarrassing the way he was treated by our board at the end.  

42 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Don't think that's ever been the case with us. We had three strips for a couple of years when we were in the Premier League but I can't recall us ever needing a third set of socks.

The only thing you normally see three of are goalie strips because as well as not clashing with the opposition goalie and team you're not allowed to clash with the referee either.

We had a 3rd navy set with the Hummel strips. 🧐

I've always wanted us to come up with something like these retro 1970s Crystal Palace and Birmingham City strips for our away top.
With the Crystal Palace one, have the centre panel in navy and red. (too staunch?).
With the Birmingham City one, reverse the layout, white sleeves and navy panel.
cb4610a4b32932a16a7319187fd18b8e.jpg&key=f4305132b37ddec0c52b1785a42da825a19aca30ee14be9240bcd127505d5a56
WA2990872.jpg&key=5d00e94558adda32c329148ed64b1ba1a533b8815b6db5b6822a89614c3ef9e0

Only worry is too many players looking like 20 Embassy Regal.

The pattern on the home top ruins it - would have been smart with plain navy blue.  
For me the worst recent shirt by far has been the Hartley season abominations.  Looked horrible to begin with then the big yell Horizon sponsor on the back meant we had the strip to match the team on the pitch.  

Perhaps fortunate that the standard of the football took attention away from the standard of the shirts.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Is that in case the ref sees a stramash in the box where someone picks the ball up and he can't be sure if it was him or not?

That the lassie who seems obsessed with giving us navy blue shorts on home strip, for 2 seasons till she was called out for it, she seen it a fashion project rather than a traditional Falkirk strip

2 hours ago, young_bairn said:
9 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:
Nice to have some aspect of normality return, the occasion of grown men pretending they're Gok Wan, the annual kit launch.
It doesn't matter what any of think, as long as a bunch of under 15s like it & it sells.

So grown men aren't allowed to have an opinion on what is, going by the graphic, an absolutely honking effort. Pretty sure most fans were kids at some point who still get excited about the new kit launch in their adult years. Let's hope it looks better in the flesh. I'd have preferred the pattern to be over the full strip and without the red groin lines.

Grown men are fully entitled to comment as the moonhowling hyperbole is tremendous entertainment.

I think it's quite smart yet, as one of the grown men in question, would only consider buying one as a gift or to throw some cash at the club.

Don't really care about the shirts really , as long as that pattern is not just a generic Puma thing and we will see the same thing on other clubs' shirts.

I did wonder why the club did not wait until they had the actual shirts to show off rather than a computer generated image - makes a big difference , the pattern on the red shirt looks much more subtle than on the blue one. If the pattern on the home shirt is not as obvious in real life there might have been a lot less negative comments.

They could have had a couple of volunteers modelling them, a good bit of PR for the club and not breaking the furlough scheme rules .    

10 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Interview with Yogi and stuff about his time at the club straight from the horses mouth!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0j9QI9MpsrSHT7RCmFzaXf?si=2huXEVI6S0qLTCMMRnbrOg&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A2jTKOVU0uAND8DwprMPlC8

That cfb guy doing the podcast is banned from linking his stuff on here. They were polluting every thread.

11 hours ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Slightly disappointed it was all bluster but walking away from Falkirk would be a very difficult thing to do. 

So, what are we?

A timid "young teenager" who gets all upset when an adult makes a ribald joke?

Or a long term supporter who thinks "walking away from Falkirk would be a very difficult thing to do"?

Make your mind up ya trolling muppet.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

8 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Great podcast with Yogi. Our best manager in recent years by a mile. Clearly put the effort in and gave me my happiest times as a Bairn. 

It was good to hear about what occurred that brought about the fans on the board writing to the board. This obviously hurt him and made him think twice about his future at the club.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven