The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I haven't went to all games for a few seasons now. I had a wee boy and quite frankly the missus wouldn't let me disappear every Saturday just now. 

He will be able to attend soon though so that will sort that out.

Anything else?

You don't need to justify it. We all make choices, you chose not to go.

59 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t know enough about Cove to comment tbh. They have had a good couple of seasons though.

From what you are saying though I take it they have a few guys that have ripped up this league and played at a higher level before ?

What type of money do they have behind them ?

They have some great players, I really like Mitch Megginson and whilst he was fairly guff in the SPL and Championship he's now looking like a striker bursting with confidence. He'll score goals in League 1 no problem. Jamie Masson and Broque Watson another couple of great players, as well as the obvious Fyvie. They'll have no problem signing players either, even if they are loans - they've used that very well in the past with the likes of Glass, Smith and Antoniazzi.

They're sponsored by an oil company, so finances take care of themselves to that end.

Well this has been a fun little read.

A question for the more sane Falkirk fans, of whom there are plenty:

Are these Dafties shouting about boycotts and suchlike, overspill from the fabled 'One F'?  It used to be cited on here as home to less intelligent elements.  It looks to me like some have been imported.

Guest Ecosse83
9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You don't need to justify it. We all make choices, you chose not to go.

Well let's just hope we have clubs to go an watch in a few months time!

19 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

A club's league position is of no relevance right now and wont be for some time so, yes, having lots of fans is a fairly positive attribute.

Yes, it's suddenly all about how many fans can't watch you play.

Good point.

I think the picking on Shadwell is grossly unfair. He seems to be the most principled Falkirk poster. @Shadwell Dog will confirm that he’s no longer attending SPFL football of any sort. Maybe  @Monkey Tennis should consider that before diving in. While I don’t agree with it personally it’s much more rationale than acting like a spoilt bairn and attempting to punish sides that you believe have wronged you. 

Just to make sure I’m correct, it is you @Shadwell Dog who said you’re done with SPFL football? 

11 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

I think the picking on Shadwell is grossly unfair. He seems to be the most principled Falkirk poster. @Shadwell Dog will confirm that he’s no longer attending SPFL football of any sort. Maybe  @Monkey Tennis should consider that before diving in. While I don’t agree with it personally it’s much more rationale than acting like a spoilt bairn and attempting to punish sides that you believe have wronged you. 

Just to make sure I’m correct, it is you @Shadwell Dog who said you’re done with SPFL football? 

I'm going to pop along and watch camelon again I think. Whether I'm at TFS again soon will depend on whether my young boy wants to go along.  Who knows what the football landscape will be like in 6 months time anyway.

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

No, it's (quite obviously) about about how many fans can contribute to a club's survival.

Swing & miss.

I don't really think it is to be honest.

Clubs will survive this, not by begging for contributions, but by hibernating.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/bairns-extend-furlough-and-players-deals-until-end-june-2853137

Seems like a waste of cash keeping on denny Johnstone for the sake of it. Bit surprised as I thought Todd was on a 1 and a half year deal.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/01/17/josh-todd-signs/

Yep 18 month deal

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well we now know the day of reckoning for those employed by the club has been put back to the end of June.

Government picking up the tab so FFC are doing the decent thing. 

Not all the tab though.

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not all the tab though.

Government paying 80%  FFC 20% but it is the right thing to do in the circumstances . Gives the employees a bit of certainty till the end of June at least. If no certainty or a restart date then its club hibernation. Can't see any other option other than cut costs and survive.

The way things are going many players will leave the game for good.