The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Have we really sunk so low that we are supposed to be afraid of Cove Rangers?

I think its more Hartley coming back to bite us in the arse.

On 13/05/2020 at 09:47, Bantabairn said:

Agree, genuinely thought that there was some kind of respect/trust between clubs albeit with a degree of self interest. The prize for anyone outside the SPL was always the winning ticket to the big league. Until approximately two months ago, guess all supporters would have just accepted the usual bigot bro’s fighting, who are winning titles, who are involved in the relegation battles, what teams are in position for promotion and who are in contention for the play off games. 
Roll on approx eight weeks.

All football within the lower leagues stopped and with nearly a quarter of games to go, we hand out titles and relegate clubs, apart from Brechin who’s chairman sits on the SPFL board. We simply say Fck off to Kelty & lowland teams. We’re told that this has been done to allow payments to clubs that were desperate for funding ( and to keep from going bust) 

Meantime the SPFL look for UEFA guidance so that they can award Celtic the title and absolve any blame from themselves when Rangers react to decision.

The team set up to formulate reconstruction is simply a lie/pipe dream to distract away from the abhorrent decision to relegate Hearts Partick & Stranraer.
Vote to basically try and bring down SPFL board rejected. 

Bitter and discriminate in fighting between clubs, allegations / counter allegations between all clubs. 

Like many supporters up and down the country, the recent abhorrent decisions taken have changed most of our mindsets and probably looking at Scottish football like never before.

Me I hope that any deals made with the SPFL fail, and maybe, just maybe the resultant abyss could be good for saving our game in the long run. Don’t be fooled, the minute some teams down south go bust, our two senior teams will be off in a shot.

I sincerely hope that our club can ride this out, and I suspect that the behaviour of our fans will be more clinical when/if we start playing football, and look after our club and not lacing the pockets of other clubs who have shat on us from a great height.

:lol::lol:

Laughable, petulant drivel.  Away and grow up.

On 13/05/2020 at 11:52, Ecosse83 said:

I'll definitely be looking at my away days from now on, I actually put them ahead of home games but that's going to change from now on. The club will need every penny they can get when we start back!

Another utter walloper!

On 13/05/2020 at 12:45, HopeStreetWalker said:

Football as we know it is entering a new era in Scotland.

Financial constraints on clubs incomes may well force a rethink on their business model.

TV money from SKY etc will go down as they lose subscribers. Crowds will be down for the same reason as TV money is down - people have a reduced disposable income and these two expenses will be the ones to go. Same goes for sponsorship and advertising.

It will be a rethink on recruitment of players and how club are run for no other reason that's the only way to survive. Returning to how the recruitment of players took place 40-50 years ago.

School football and the 50 a side game in the playground. Skills honed and a development of your own collection of tricks to see you through a game. That's where the Scottish style of football came from Skill - Desire and a will to win with a bit of cockiness and devilment thrown in for good measure.

Then its Amateur and Junior football and onto the pro clubs. Then whether its signing from School , Amateur , Juniors its polishing a jewel till you get the most out it.

It's a template that worked. The top clubs signed players from the lower leagues that had nurtured the talent from mid teens and they got a good pro in their early 20's and shuffled money from the game down the divisions. Instead of 3-4-5th choice players from other countries just chasing a wage.

Scottish Teams played and were successful in Europe. The top teams in England had to have 4-5 Scots in the side if they were going to be winners. Scottish International sides went toe to toe with the best and beat them.

It is not a coincident that the last time Scotland played in Europe was with the last generation of players that were influenced and played in a pre SPL format.

Look at the Scots that graced the game that had skills you could not coach. They would have had that little bit of special knocked out them or told they don't have it.

Jim Baxter and Jimmy Johnstone being two examples. Would they make it now ? not a chance. Lack of work rate and unable to tackle or cover back would see to that.

It's looking to the past for the future. It is the only option the game will have.

Is this a parody of a pointless old goat?

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How dare you decide to go to more home games as the club needs your money. Shocking stuff.

Yep, was a strange thing to say!

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Have we really sunk so low that we are supposed to be afraid of Cove Rangers?

Cove as they are right now would smash a fair few teams in L1 to bits. It's not really a damning insight. They have plenty money behind them and they'll be very dangerous next season.

9 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Cove as they are right now would smash a fair few teams in L1 to bits. It's not really a damning insight. They have plenty money behind them and they'll be very dangerous next season.

You seen their side? Nothing special. They leaked goals too.  They spent money on McAllister whose well past it and will no way be good enough if they're wanting to compete at the top of this league.  Theirs a big gap between top of league one and top of league 2 as we saw  with peterhead this season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I don’t know enough about Cove to comment tbh. They have had a good couple of seasons though.

From what you are saying though I take it they have a few guys that have ripped up this league and played at a higher level before ?

What type of money do they have behind them ?

30 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What?

Context dear fellow, context.

Your remark followed a table showing how clubs voted.  Clearly you were talking about stopping going to away games, as a sanction against other clubs.

There are Rangers fans who wince at your posts.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t know enough about Cove to comment tbh. They have had a good couple of seasons though.

From what you are saying though I take it they have a few guys that have ripped up this league and played at a higher level before ?

What type of money do they have behind them ?

Fraser fyvie has played at a much higher level but the rest of them are mainly league one or two jobbers plus some young loan players.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Context dear fellow, context.

Your remark followed a table showing how clubs voted.  Clearly you were talking about stopping going to away games, as a sanction against other clubs.

There are Rangers fans who wince at your posts.

If I ask Romeo to give you a ‘Greenie’ will you go away ??

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Cheers mate. So not going to rip up the league as easily as has been suggested then ?

I think they'll be better than peterhead that's for sure. They've got more backing than most at this level but it's not gretna all over again.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given their attendances, don’t think not selling season tickets for next year will make that much difference than if Hamilton were actually selling them tbqh.

Crowdwanking again.  You show them.

They get crappy crowds but are 2 (two) divisions above your sorry lot.  Yes, you get them telt.