The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Liquidation is obviously different to administration which would be the first step.

One possible scenario is a cash starved Falkirk goes into administration , a buyer is sought. Enter the fans group to buy up the club.

The MSG would not be pissing themselves then, they'd be out on their arses and a lot of people would be happy about that. 

What FFC do will become clear as the contracts on the staff get closer to ending.

Players out of contract. No choice but to let them go.

Players with a contract for next season. Mutch being the exception as a sellable asset kept on maybe on reduced wages. The rest of them will either be gone due to non promotion clause or have their contracts bought out.

Miller and McCracken out of contract. Kept on reduced contact or let go it's any bodies guess !

Hard decisions and it will not be a nice business. This is peoples lives and livelihood we are talking about. They deserve to know as soon as the decision has been made on their futures. Would like to think FFC would have the dignity and respect for the people that work for them to tell them sooner than later.

2 to 3 weeks and we will know !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

14 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Fortunately, unlike you, I only mingle with like minded people.

Digging a hole for your self and its getting deeper. So lets summarise your position on this virus.

You are ignoring the restrictions and carry on regardless of the possible danger to yourself and those you could infect.

You only mingle with like minded people.

You have a moral vacuum as you are not giving a choice to the people you encounter in obtaining day to day products such as petrol , food , drink etc.

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Is talk of Falkirk “boycotting” away ground genuine? I’m sure the Peterhead’s and Montrose’s of this world can survive without their 750 fans twice a season. Fucking hell emoji23.png

I think it's mainly one guy who's threatening not to fly over from the Far East for East Fife away. Very Rangersmedia.

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Is talk of Falkirk “boycotting” away ground genuine? I’m sure the Peterhead’s and Montrose’s of this world can survive without their 750 fans twice a season. Fucking hell emoji23.png

I'd expect away crowds to be poor this coming season anyway if or when it happens. Money will be tight and who knows what kind of restrictions will be  placed on travel. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

There’s only really one person  ‘boycotting’ away games from what I can see.

Quite funny how folks minds work, 1 person says they will boycott and the whole of tge FFC fan base are compared to the Rangers 🤣

Edited by Ecosse83

Guest Ecosse83

I wonder what the club will do regarding season tickets, I see Hamilton have decided against selling tickets for next season but other clubs have been selling them for weeks which I'm not sure I'd right considering there is so much doubt about fans attending games

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

I wonder what the club will do regarding season tickets, I see Hamilton have decided against selling tickets for next season but other clubs have been selling them for weeks which I'm not sure I'd right considering there is so much doubt about fans attending games

Correct. These clubs are obviously desperate for cash. Best to wait and see what's happening before selling tickets for a season that may never happen for all we know. Usually june anyway before we start selling them is it not?

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Given their attendances, don’t think not selling season tickets for next year will make that much difference than if Hamilton were actually selling them tbqh.

2 hours ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

That’s quite a creepy thing to post in general , let alone to a young teenager. 

My apologies.

Note to the moderator: In future, please ensure that every contributor is designated with a symbol so that we can know their age and not offend them. How the heck am I to know how old you are?

The BBFC's Classification Guidelines | British Board of Film ...

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given their attendances, don’t think not selling season tickets for next year will make that much difference than if Hamilton were actually selling them tbqh.

Season ticket sales are a long way down the line. We don't even know if there will be a season and what the fixtures will be.

Many supporters will be in a financial strain not of their making. Keeping a roof on the families head and food on the table rightly comes first. Season tickets like it or not are not a priority, neither will be going to a football match.

When football returns the income stream for FFC will be lower. Crowds , Sponsorship , Advertising will be nowhere near what they were.

It's a fact beyond dispute. Some hard thinking will be taking place in the boardroom as to the estimate on income over the next 12 months ( best of luck doing that ! )

As posted earlier think things will become clearer in 2-3 weeks time when the situation regarding who works and does not work for FFC in the future becomes clear.

Talk of boycotting away games is a teeny wee bit silly imo.

It’s entirely possible many of the teams to be boycotted will have gone under by the time football resumes.

Equally the talk of who we should re sign or whether we should consider going part time.

Tick along on a basis of absolutely minimal costs and then ramp up to an appropriate level once the situation re resumption of the leagues becomes clearer.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Absolutely agree about learning, but doing so by relaxing restrictions while cases are climbing is stupid...as a number of U.S. states are about to find out. It is borderline amusing that after yelling about China not properly revealing true number on virus cases, now Republican U.S. Governors are following the same playbook. In Florida, the Governor ordered that the Health Department stop releasing detailed virus numbers...in Nebraska, the Governor has stopped releasing data detailing the number of cases at each meatpacking plant, the locations where the majority of a rapidly rising number of cases is centered.

Our President is busy trying to undermine the death totals, despite scientists with clear indication that’s the numbers are actually too low, not too high. The U.S. lags badly in tests, and isn’t yet dropping in new cases, but is moving forward with reopening against the guidelines the Presidents own advisors created. At least in Scotland you seem to have a reasonably good handle on controlling the spread of cases, and a population that isn’t too dumb to understand the need to wear masks to help protect other people.

Just as a matter of interest, any attacks on personnel asking people to wear masks in Scotland? They are increasingly common here.

Sorry I thought you knew I live in Australia, we have less than 100 deaths in a population of 26 million. It's nothing to gloat about , we have just had some great leadership (we copied NZ)  and the UK & US have had the worst leadership in the history of man.

The virus is basically dead in Australasia, we hope.

The NRL & AFL will resume next month

Season ticket sales are a long way down the line. We don't even know if there will be a season and what the fixtures will be.
Many supporters will be in a financial strain not of their making. Keeping a roof on the families head and food on the table rightly comes first. Season tickets like it or not are not a priority, neither will be going to a football match.
When football returns the income stream for FFC will be lower. Crowds , Sponsorship , Advertising will be nowhere near what they were.
It's a fact beyond dispute. Some hard thinking will be taking place in the boardroom as to the estimate on income over the next 12 months ( best of luck doing that ! )
As posted earlier think things will become clearer in 2-3 weeks time when the situation regarding who works and does not work for FFC in the future becomes clear.

I don’t agree we should hold off. I’m sure there are a few of us that would be willing to buy a season ticket just now, whilst recognising we may never get to attend a game in return.
I really buy my ticket to support the club financially as I don’t even always sit in the main stand where my seat is placed.....

18 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

My apologies.

Note to the moderator: In future, please ensure that every contributor is designated with a symbol so that we can know their age and not offend them. How the heck am I to know how old you are?

The posters age doesn't detract from that post being quite creepy and weird. 

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

My apologies.

I certainly wasn’t offended. I just thought it was quite a creepy thing to post. 

I do accept your apology though. 

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At the end of the day if you've got two away games coming up and can only afford one whose to blame someone if they  say well forfar made it clear they voted for as they wanted our money so I'll go to east fife instead.

Do you honestly think Forfar voted no so they can have  two home ties against The Mighty Falkirk again next season? Fucking hell that is seriously delusional even by Falkirk standards.

Think you would maybe be better off taking a wee break from posting on here mate.