The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

@Shadwell Dog Maybe so mate but we seem to be the only ones attempting to take the moral high ground while making a concerted effort to starve other clubs of money. If we’re making the claim we voted for the greater good why on earth are we organising boycotts?

I stand by my MSG comments. They must be pishing themselves laughing at us. They’ve gotten away with it big style. Completely mugged off by those fucking clowns. All that nonsense with Campbell, they knew if enough time passed we’d turn heel. Played us all like a fiddle. 

Where did taking the moral high ground get us? Decking nowhere. Time to change tact especially in the current predicament.

Guest Ecosse83
24 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

@Shadwell Dog Maybe so mate but we seem to be the only ones attempting to take the moral high ground while making a concerted effort to starve other clubs of money. If we’re making the claim we voted for the greater good why on earth are we organising boycotts?

I stand by my MSG comments. They must be pishing themselves laughing at us. They’ve gotten away with it big style. Completely mugged off by those fucking clowns. All that nonsense with Campbell, they knew if enough time passed we’d turn heel. Played us all like a fiddle. 

Can you explain the concerted effort part to me please?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Why?

Because that can give a pre conceived opinion on the risk and how to minimise it.

When making an assessment it is a unique set of circumstances. What resolves the risk in one instance may be unsuitable to resolve due to subtle circumstances.

I note you have looked at the statistics and based your behaviour on that.

That is complacent and that frame of mind alone increases the risks you are exposing yourself and your wife to.

But when that behaviour can effect the safety of others around you. Then it comes down to your ethics, morality and respect for your fellow human beings that may be unfortunate enough to unwittingly encounter you.

Suggest you carry a placard ' Dawson Park Boy ' so people can avoid you.

In fact then the pandemic is over continue the habit !

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

We really are a strange bunch. What a difference a few months makes. From organising boycotts of home games to starve the MSG of money, to going full circle and only attending home games. The MSG must be fucking pissing themselves laughing at the sheer stupidity of us. Literally a few months ago we were absolutely furious at the board, and rightly fucking so, they’re a shower of absolute b*****ds, and now we’re falling over ourselves to boast about how much money we’re going to give them. I despair.

On the plus side, we can take the moral high ground and walk about with our heads held high as one of the only clubs who voted with the future of the game in mind, while organising boycotts to starve other clubs of money, potentially putting them out of business. 

I think most of us admit we are absolutely livid at the actions of the MSG but in all of this and in all fairness he may be a puppet of the MSG GD has came off quite well and spoken what the majority of us are thinking.  Whilst this debacle has wrangled on we have had clubs vote to keep us in this league for their own financial merits and to relegate Partick again the monies with travelling support of both clubs will see others with a financial gain bigger than the prize monies.

Now we might not like the MSG or their actions in the past but the end of the day this isnt about any other club bar Falkirk and the club surviving this, if that means starving other clubs of cash however little it seems then so be it.  As a few have said no one has ever liked to see a club go to the wall but with the lies and backstabbing carried out by other chairmen and Doncaster and co then as long as our club survives i really dont give a sh*te and if for what could be the second time it benefits Falkirk Fc then so be it.  In short the MSG wont be around forever but as long as FFC is then thats what counts.

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I see Jim Goodwin exercising his expert opinion on Hearts & Rangers “ wretched form” and should, in Hearts case be relegated, who’s team are 2 points above the play off and 6 points ahead of Hearts. Nice to hear from you Jim

The St Mirren manager on Talksport and did he talk about St Mirren - no he spoke about wanting Celtic to win the league - you really couldn’t make it up 😂.

43 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Because that can give a pre conceived opinion on the risk and how to minimise it.

When making an assessment it is a unique set of circumstances. What resolves the risk in one instance may be unsuitable to resolve due to subtle circumstances.

I note you have looked at the statistics and based your behaviour on that.

That is complacent and that frame of mind alone increases the risks you are exposing yourself and your wife to.

But when that behaviour can effect the safety of others around you. Then it comes down to your ethics, morality and respect for your fellow human beings that may be unfortunate enough to unwittingly encounter you.

Suggest you carry a placard ' Dawson Park Boy ' so people can avoid you.

In fact then the pandemic is over continue the habit !

Absolute nonsense.

At what level do you consider it reasonable to restart the economy and normal life and avoid millions of bankruptcies and job losses.

Do you think Churchill and Eisenhower considered abondoning WW2 because the Allies would lose thousands of lives?

You always have to consider the alternatives. No course of action is risk free and, in this case, I consider the risks to be worth the benefits.

You obviously think differently but that’s your call.

Absolute nonsense.
At what level do you consider it reasonable to restart the economy and normal life and avoid millions of bankruptcies and job losses.
Do you think Churchill and Eisenhower considered abondoning WW2 because the Allies would lose thousands of lives?
You always have to consider the alternatives. No course of action is risk free and, in this case, I consider the risks to be worth the benefits.
Ahhh good old Jingoism. When in doubt, get the war references oot.

32 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

A better WW2 parallel would be saying fuckoff to the black out rules, we're having a party, and if the neighbours get bombed so be it.

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolute nonsense.

Restart the economy when it is safe to do so. Or at the worse when tasks can be carried out in a way that minimises the risk. But just as important members of the public feel it is safe as well. These are the alternatives to be considered.

To argue your case on the strategic decisions taken in WW2 does not compare to this pandemic.

As for you considering the risks to be worth it. Maybe to you but maybe not to the individuals you may unwittingly infect.

So when you do go out do take your 'Dawson Park Boy'  placard with you so people can be aware of you and your lack of due care and attention and respecting their safety.

On second thoughts take a well with you as well. Unclean ! Unclean !

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Restart the economy when it is safe to do so. Or at the worse when tasks can be carried out in a way that minimises the risk. But just as important members of the public feel it is safe as well. These are the alternatives to be considered.

To argue your case on the strategic decisions taken in WW2 does not compare to this pandemic.

As for you considering the risks to be worth it. Maybe to you but maybe not to the individuals you may unwittingly infect.

So when you do go out do take your 'Dawson Park Boy'  placard with you so people can be aware of you and your lack of due care and attention and respecting their safety.

On second thoughts take a well with you as well. Unclean ! Unclean !

No need to belittle yourself by using abuse.

your arguments make no sense.

In 5 weeks up to 1st May in England and Wales only there was an above average death count of 50,000 in FIVE weeks. Being topical with anniversary of VE day just gone, In 6 years world war 2 caused under 500,000 uk deaths so this virus has caused over 10% of the deaths WW2 caused in 5 weeks! We have failed badly to protect thousands of doctors, nurses etc but dawson park boy somehow expect us to just go back to normal and just isolate millions of older or vulnerable people with no problems. So how many lives a week is worth stalling the economy for? 10,000 like now? 20,000 to 50,000? 100,000 plus? 

Edited by knee jerk reaction

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

No need to belittle yourself by using abuse.

your arguments make no sense.

They make perfect sense ! You don't. You are a danger to yourself and people in your vicinity. The least you can do is have the courtesy to let them know of your lax attitude to personal safety and give them the same opportunity to make a choice.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

They make perfect sense ! You don't. You are a danger to yourself and people in your vicinity. The least you can do is have the courtesy to let them know of your lax attitude to personal safety and give them the same opportunity to make a choice.

Fortunately, unlike you, I only mingle with like minded people.

49 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

In 5 weeks up to 1st May in England and Wales only there was an above average death count of 50,000 in FIVE weeks. Being topical with anniversary of VE day just gone, In 6 years world war 2 caused under 500,000 uk deaths so this virus has caused over 10% of the deaths WW2 caused in 5 weeks! We have failed badly to protect thousands of doctors, nurses etc but dawson park boy somehow expect us to just go back to normal and just isolate millions of older or vulnerable people with no problems. So how many lives a week is worth stalling the economy for? 10,000 like now? 20,000 to 50,000? 100,000 plus? 

You forget to mention that within the figure of 50000 extra deaths, 10000 of those were extra non- Covid deaths due to lack of normal NHS treatment being available. This figure will continue to increase whilst the Covid deaths will decrease.

It is too early to come to a definitive conclusion but Prof Spiegelhaler, the statistician reckons that the 10000 will increase dramatically.

If that figure ends up greater than the Covid deaths then I would say that trashing the economy has been counter productive.

IMO, the way to go is the Swedish way, which is something of a half way house.

45 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Fortunately, unlike you, I only mingle with like minded people.

Well, that's quite handy.

I assume however that the 'like minded people' that you mingle with would also expect to get the 'care and treatment that they're entitled to' if affected by the virus, even though this would take vital resources away from dealing with people who have other medical conditions?

How did you manage to find other people to mingle with that are of the same mind incidentally? Did you all go to the same club before the pandemic struck?

I see, as well, that it's been confirmed that the BAME population are much more likely to contract the virus. No doubt another reason for easing the lockdown in your eyes!