The Falkirk FC Thread

You know, ever since I’ve understood how lopsided the split of money is through the different divisions I’ve come to the conclusion that it may not be a bad thing if the deal does fall through. The level of greed and self preservation in the top division is not healthy for the sport and it’s resulting in gaps widening between the clubs with money and those that receive very little.

I’ve lost sympathy in recent weeks with most of the clubs in the SPFL, particularly the upper tier and the Dundee duo, so if a few go to the wall I used to think that would be a bad thing, but not anymore.

Clubs should be working together to preserve their existence, instead we’ve an “I’m all right Jack” attitude of some of the bigger clubs that have left a bitter taste and it’s been fed further by the downright incompetent actions of the SPFL governors.

It’s time for change in Scottish football and if that now means some clubs go to the wall, I personally couldn’t give a f**k anymore......

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

You make a great point about the new contracts.

I cannot see either how the Government will allow players effectively starting a new  contract to benefit from the furlough scheme - it's for existing jobs only.

Unless of course they make football a special case but then why the hell would they. There will be many in the same boat - self employed contractors - who would want the same.

Can't see how a redundancy payment would apply to an end of contract situation either. 

Out of contract players will simply go on the dole until it's all ended.

That is the ruling in employment law. Your terms of employment are between two set dates. No if, buts, maybe about it HR have these type of contracts bulletproof.

So players out of contract at the end of the season and youth and academy signings are mostly season to season will be away. Nobody ! but nobody at FFC level will be signing anybody until there is a date when football can be played in front of a crowd.

That situation could well apply to Miller & McCracken as well. Contracts up end of May end of June ? anybody clarify. 

With no income and no date when the club will get any. Its cut overheads. Clear the decks of players ( Mutch ? worth keeping ) Vacate the stadium and be free of the running costs, insurance, services, upkeep of the fabric of the building etc. For once not owning a stadium works in our favour so tell the council to F off ! In fact record it and put it on Falkirk TV on a pay per view basis - that would get some cash in !

Costs should be next to none and we should be in a better shape than most when things return to normal.

Guest Ecosse83

It's actually disgraceful they have pushed this belief that football will start in July again. Teams will be forced to go and sign players for next season then be stuck with them when in reality no football takes place for a good while beyond July. 

32 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Same disease as England’s finest, get the Sky deals concluded at any cost, Fck footballers lives. Sincerely hope more players refuse the potential of catching a life threatening disease than lacing the pockets  of self righteous shareholders who couldn’t give two Fcks about the players and fans.

Danny Rose hits the nail on the head f**k the nations morale when it comes to football this is peoples lives we are talking about.

Forfar trying to get back in our good books - f*ck 'em.

How League One voted

With Partick Thistle dropping down, there were four yes votes in the third tier.

Two clubs also abstained in the shape of Airdrie and Clyde.

Partick Thistle – Yes

Falkirk – Yes

Airdrie – abstained

Montrose – No

East Fife – Yes

Dumbarton – No

Clyde – Abstained

Peterhead – No

Forfar – Yes

Cove – No

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

How League One voted

With Partick Thistle dropping down, there were four yes votes in the third tier.

Partick Thistle – Yes

Falkirk – Yes

Airdrie – abstained

Montrose – No

East Fife – Yes

Dumbarton – No

Clyde – Abstained

Peterhead – No

Forfar – Yes

Cove – No

I'll definitely be looking at my away days from now on, I actually put them ahead of home games but that's going to change from now on. The club will need every penny they can get when we start back!

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I really hope this isn't the start of shite about the Navy Blue Pound and boycotts.

I don't think its about boycotts its more the case of look out for our own in this time.  I used to feel it was a travesty to let any club go to the wall but over this whole episode i honestly feel as long as its not us i really couldnt give a sh*te

Just now, AL-FFC said:

I don't think its about boycotts its more the case of look out for our own in this time.  I used to feel it was a travesty to let any club go to the wall but over this whole episode i honestly feel as long as its not us i really couldnt give a sh*te

Exactly.  Survival of the fittest from now on I'm afraid. If cash is tight people have the right to choose which away games they want to go to or not.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Charity begins at home!

Guest Ecosse83
9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I really hope this isn't the start of shite about the Navy Blue Pound and boycotts.

Not in my case, I went to more away games last season than home but will change that so the club gets more help from me. 

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yep. Every consumer has the right to spend their money as they see fit.

Symbol Logo png download - 1200*1150 - Free Transparent Symbol png ...

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Football as we know it is entering a new era in Scotland.

Financial constraints on clubs incomes may well force a rethink on their business model.

TV money from SKY etc will go down as they lose subscribers. Crowds will be down for the same reason as TV money is down - people have a reduced disposable income and these two expenses will be the ones to go. Same goes for sponsorship and advertising.

It will be a rethink on recruitment of players and how club are run for no other reason that's the only way to survive. Returning to how the recruitment of players took place 40-50 years ago.

School football and the 50 a side game in the playground. Skills honed and a development of your own collection of tricks to see you through a game. That's where the Scottish style of football came from Skill - Desire and a will to win with a bit of cockiness and devilment thrown in for good measure.

Then its Amateur and Junior football and onto the pro clubs. Then whether its signing from School , Amateur , Juniors its polishing a jewel till you get the most out it.

It's a template that worked. The top clubs signed players from the lower leagues that had nurtured the talent from mid teens and they got a good pro in their early 20's and shuffled money from the game down the divisions. Instead of 3-4-5th choice players from other countries just chasing a wage.

Scottish Teams played and were successful in Europe. The top teams in England had to have 4-5 Scots in the side if they were going to be winners. Scottish International sides went toe to toe with the best and beat them.

It is not a coincident that the last time Scotland played in Europe was with the last generation of players that were influenced and played in a pre SPL format.

Look at the Scots that graced the game that had skills you could not coach. They would have had that little bit of special knocked out them or told they don't have it.

Jim Baxter and Jimmy Johnstone being two examples. Would they make it now ? not a chance. Lack of work rate and unable to tackle or cover back would see to that.

It's looking to the past for the future. It is the only option the game will have.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Danny Rose hits the nail on the head f**k the nations morale when it comes to football this is peoples lives we are talking about.

Which peoples lives? What really is the risk of death to a fit and healthy athlete living in isolation and regularly tested - can't be very high.

Compare that to health workers who have to head to work every day to feed their families & are exposed to infected people with little protection.

Danny Rose has probably earned enough money to never work again, he has no idea much like the rest of them living in the EPL bubble.  

Hope that bubble bursts real soon. In the meantime get out and play you pampered entitled EPL p***k....or don't as you won't be missed.

Thank God for the Germans, I will be watching their league weekend, I'm sure it will give their public a lift as it will sure give me one. 

Might be shite to you, but they won’t be getting my pound if we have a season.

Football boards are looking out for themselves with decisions, and that’s exactly what I’ll be doing, deciding to look after myself/FFC only in football terms.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I don’t think it’s about boycotting mate. It’s about spending your money to support your own club.

Take an away day at Forfar for example. Expensive day out and nothing financially for Falkirk. I’ll defo not be going but will use some of they money I would have spent to benefit Falkirk, my team. 

I think fans from all clubs will do this and I defo would not call it a boycott.

35 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Which peoples lives? What really is the risk of death to a fit and healthy athlete living in isolation and regularly tested - can't be very high.

Compare that to health workers who have to head to work every day to feed their families & are exposed to infected people with little protection.

Danny Rose has probably earned enough money to never work again, he has no idea much like the rest of them living in the EPL bubble.  

Hope that bubble bursts real soon. In the meantime get out and play you pampered entitled EPL p***k....or don't as you won't be missed.

Thank God for the Germans, I will be watching their league weekend, I'm sure it will give their public a lift as it will sure give me one. 

Totally endorse your remarks.

Risk of a fit  young footballer dying of Covid is virtually zero

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think it’s about boycotting mate. It’s about spending your money to support your own club.

Take an away day at Forfar for example. Expensive day out and nothing financially for Falkirk. I’ll defo not be going but will use some of they money I would have spent to benefit Falkirk, my team. 

I think fans from all clubs will do this and I defo would not call it a boycott.

Fair enough, I was mainly responding to the list above that looked like it could have come straight from Follow Follow.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

How League One voted

Partick Thistle – Yes

Falkirk – Yes

Airdrie – abstained

Montrose – No

East Fife – Yes

Dumbarton – No

Clyde – Abstained

Peterhead – No

Forfar – Yes

Cove – No

wed.thumb.JPG.5fd6ca21678f98f457cca57335a8e16a.JPG