The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hearts could push that along further by simply raising a court action against the decision to relegate them. That would put a hold on the prize money for the top flight and then it would be interesting to see who lasted the longest. I wonder if the 6 clubs who voted against reconstruction would suddenly have a change of heart?

^^^

02-funny-gif-224-bears-stand-and-chases-balloon.gif

The structure of Scottish Football is not going to change at the moment. The powerful do not legislate to erode their power unless they are forced.

That force will come from restructuring due to clubs going out of business. Therefore the voting structure would have to change to reflect this fundamental change in circumstances. ie Clubs out of business. New league structure required so the voting structure would have to change as well.

That is the only way that change will happen. One club one vote !

On reading the news article about the independent investigation vote (link below), one part stood out for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52631918

The quote from the SPFL Chairman that "In reality, we must do everything humanly possible to get games back up and running by the end of July".

Really?

So workers can be furloughed until October, the experts say there will be no vaccine or cure available in 2020, and yet he's pushing to get football back in just over two months?

I'd love to know the thinking behind that one.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

On reading the news article about the independent investigation vote (link below), one part stood out for me.

The quote from the SPFL Chairman that "In reality, we must do everything humanly possible to get games back up and running by the end of July".

Really?

So workers can be furloughed until October, the experts say there will be no vaccine or cure available in 2020, and yet he's pushing to get football back in just over two months?

He's on the spfl board thinking doesnt come into it I'm afraid.

19 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

If Falkirk manage things right, defer all costs and unfortunately let go of the players ,management & staff we can return to full time when fans are allowed back in stadiums.

Many other clubs could go amateur or cease to exist.

I'd seriously worry about your own club first before ours , sorry.   

I am, don’t worry. The advantage Raith have is a fan base that is less alienated from the club, but that doesn’t replace the money in the bank FFC have. I was just wondering if there have been any whispers about more cost cutting.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Yes. This probably throws a lifeline to many clubs, but if my understanding is correct the Government will reduce the current 80% after June. Interesting that there’s an undertone coming from the top division down south and on Sky Sports some players publicly against playing any football until the virus is at least under control. 
I’m more convinced that we won’t be at any football games until next year. Probably reinforcing that with no income whatsoever through gates, and even with extension of the forlough, there’s not going to be 42 clubs in a few months time.

The question becomes what is the expenditure level of a hibernating club, and if the Premiership can play the 2020-2021 season, can staged prize money distribution (Sky is playing for those games, not the lower division ones) keep some of the smaller clubs afloat on minimal budgets? In many cases, it might come down to property costs (or the lack of them) and how small they can make the team staff. The players will all be set free, and more than a few may move to different locales to play elsewhere, so the reconstitution of teams would be interesting, at least.

Since most players are out of contract in a month or so, what benefits will they be eligible for? I don’t see the Government allowing contracts to be signed to be placed immediately on the furlough scheme, so what income will unsigned full-time players be able to access? Is a redundancy payment an option for an out of contract situation?

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Really?

Their beloved Sky deal is due to start in August. It's literally all they are interested in. It's worth remembering that they have not. as yet, even ended this season's Premier League as yet. So who knows what is he talking about, this season, a new season, whatever, it's complete fantasy anyway. But this will be the strategy from now, that somehow the Premier League can get up and running behind closed doors (highly, highly unlikely) so that Sky get their contractually agreed four bigotfests and the diddies will just need to fend for themselves and survive as best they can for as long as they can. I sense it's every club for themselves from here onwards.

Yes. This probably throws a lifeline to many clubs, but if my understanding is correct the Government will reduce the current 80% after June. Interesting that there’s an undertone coming from the top division down south and on Sky Sports some players publicly against playing any football until the virus is at least under control. 
I’m more convinced that we won’t be at any football games until next year. Probably reinforcing that with no income whatsoever through gates, and even with extension of the forlough, there’s not going to be 42 clubs in a few months time.

In place until August in full

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The structure of Scottish Football is not going to change at the moment. The powerful do not legislate to erode their power unless they are forced.

That force will come from restructuring due to clubs going out of business. Therefore the voting structure would have to change to reflect this fundamental change in circumstances. ie Clubs out of business. New league structure required so the voting structure would have to change as well.

That is the only way that change will happen. One club one vote !

Been saying all along reconstruction would only happen once some clubs goto the wall..they'd simply have to as numbers will dictate. Won't shed a tear either.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

I am, don’t worry. The advantage Raith have is a fan base that is less alienated from the club, but that doesn’t replace the money in the bank FFC have. I was just wondering if there have been any whispers about more cost cutting.

I'm not worried that you're not worried or worried.

And I take your point you have an onboard fan base , but you can only got to the well so many times (well once probably).

Tough times ahead for many clubs of Raith's size and structure. 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

The question becomes what is the expenditure level of a hibernating club, and if the Premiership can play the 2020-2021 season, can staged prize money distribution (Sky is playing for those games, not the lower division ones) keep some of the smaller clubs afloat on minimal budgets? In many cases, it might come down to property costs (or the lack of them) and how small they can make the team staff. The players will all be set free, and more than a few may move to different locales to play elsewhere, so the reconstitution of teams would be interesting, at least.

Since most players are out of contract in a month or so, what benefits will they be eligible for? I don’t see the Government allowing contracts to be signed to be placed immediately on the furlough scheme, so what income will unsigned full-time players be able to access? Is a redundancy payment an option for an out of contract situation?

You make a great point about the new contracts.

I cannot see either how the Government will allow players effectively starting a new  contract to benefit from the furlough scheme - it's for existing jobs only.

Unless of course they make football a special case but then why the hell would they. There will be many in the same boat - self employed contractors - who would want the same.

Can't see how a redundancy payment would apply to an end of contract situation either. 

Out of contract players will simply go on the dole until it's all ended.

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I saw the July quote on the BBC site and my first thought was “WTF?”

ETA - now got it’s own story

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan urges July football return

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52638693

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The guys clueless.

Shno happenin! It's wur Glesga Fair naw rat palaver so an it is, know but?