The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^Oh Rangers...my hero!

No lover of them but if they're willing to splash their cash on it theres absolutely no reason to say no especially if the spfl have nothing to hide.  Chance to perhaps get Doncaster to feck after all and the other scenario is that Rangers look fecking even more stupid if the investigation clears the spfl. Nothing to lose here in having it in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Whether they are right or wrong, it’s a terribly written statement.

I'd say the content and detail of the statement are of slightly more importance than the way it has been written. As others have said, absolutelyno surprise that your chairman hasn't raised a peep. Just another Doncaster/Lawell bitch, like Cormack, Dempster, Gray and plenty of others.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

A well written statement from ICT. Get the feeling that this whole situation that seemed bullet proof may be coming unstuck. Only needing a few others to raise their heads and let us  know how they’ve been bullied, and good for ICT mentioning Brechin who’s chairman sits on the SPFL board. Rotten to the Fck... core.

From what I’ve heard the guy from Dunfermline and Alloa aren’t squeaky clean in all this.

45 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I'd say the content and detail of the statement are of slightly more importance than the way it has been written. As others have said, absolutelyno surprise that your chairman hasn't raised a peep. Just another Doncaster/Lawell bitch, like Cormack, Dempster, Gray and plenty of others.

A brief look through recent voting - anyone remember 8-8-8? - would tell you that isn’t the case.

The board at the SPFL should be independent from all 42 member clubs. How can you have a board made up of people who are in connection in some way to football clubs , ie the Brechin Chairman? They are always going to have a strong opinion on matters directly involving their club and this shouldn’t be the case. 

The board at the SPFL should be independent from all 42 member clubs. How can you have a board made up of people who are in connection in some way to football clubs , ie the Brechin Chairman? They are always going to have a strong opinion on matters directly involving their club and this shouldn’t be the case. 

Agree. Said it before. All this drivel about committees to look at league restructuring.
Just come up with what is best for Scottish football as a whole, independent of the clubs, and put it in place.
Too much fucking around nowadays, and it’s causing more embarrassment and mistrust than is really necessary.....

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No lover of them but if they're willing to splash their cash on it theres absolutely no reason to say no especially if the spfl have nothing to hide.  Chance to perhaps get Doncaster to feck after all and the other scenario is that Rangers look fecking even more stupid if the investigation clears the spfl. Nothing to lose here in having it in my opinion.

Nice to see Douglas Park chucking the money around now. Are we to believe Rangers are now the moral champions of the Scottish game , something they have been trying for years to get out of. 

And where was he when the corner shop and the face painter needed paying? Oh yeah like the rest of them he stood back and let his club die.

I'm in complete admiration of all these lower league teams' fans raising money for their clubs in their time of need - never forget WE will always be better than THEM. 

I don't know what the figures are and I can't see anywhere what we pay the Stadium company per financial year.
Whatever our commitment to the stadium is. FFC should be doing what every other business tenant or leaseholder is with the Landlord. Giving them a reality check. The business environment has changed and FFC require a substantial reduction in what we pay.

We were paying them 90k/year a couple of years ago. My experience of these things is that they tend not to go down

From what I’ve heard the guy from Dunfermline and Alloa aren’t squeaky clean in all this.

That goon from Alloa has far too much influence for someone running a village team. Anyone who only ever wears a black shirt should never be trusted.

8 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

If The Rangers are footing the bill, it's not an independent inquiry.

Should be easy enough to get it organised and then just take it off the prize money they're still due. Rangers dont have to have anything else to do with it.

48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That goon from Alloa has far too much influence for someone running a village team. Anyone who only ever wears a black shirt should never be trusted.

Quite right, officials from smaller clubs shouldn't be allowed to be their divisional reps or stand for election to the SPFL board, we should let Rangers and Celtic run things...with some help from Hearts maybe.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Quite right, officials from smaller clubs shouldn't be allowed to be their divisional reps or stand for election to the SPFL board, we should let Rangers and Celtic run things...with some help from Hearts maybe.

It sounds very much like the goon from alloa has been behaving just like one of those clubs unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Have met Mulroney a few times.

Very sharp cookie. Good business man.

But, yes, you’re probably right in that he’s not to be trusted.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We were paying them 90k/year a couple of years ago. My experience of these things is that they tend not to go down

Add to that paying on costs in the running of things day to day with a healthy mark up knowing the council. Services , Council / Stadium employees seconded to FFC for matchdays. etc.

Put that onto the bottom line of expenditure and it will not be far off 120k a year. FFS ! 2 - 3 home games a month. Some offices. Pitch and dressing roof for some training for 10 month a year and that's it.

The club are a gift that just keeps on giving !

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Add to that paying on costs in the running of things day to day with a healthy mark up knowing the council. Services , Council / Stadium employees seconded to FFC for matchdays. etc.

Put that onto the bottom line of expenditure and it will not be far off 120k a year. FFS ! 2 - 3 home games a month. Some offices. Pitch and dressing roof for some training for 10 month a year and that's it.

The club are a gift that just keeps on giving !

There should be a sliding scale like livi have with wlc. If your in the top flight you pay this much. If your in the champ this much and so on. As we've said the deal is a good one when your a premier league club but a millstone when your not.

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There should be a sliding scale like livi have with wlc. If your in the top flight you pay this much. If your in the champ this much and so on. As we've said the deal is a good one when your a premier league club but a millstone when your not.

dont quote me on this but i think a few years back WLC came a baw hair of demolishing it due to the fact i think livi were in administration (again) and it was a white elephant.  Pretty sure they had a hotel in one of the corners that's now disused.

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Until someone can provide factual information on what the financials are with the stadium, and how these costs are arrived at,  we shouldn’t speculate or guess. Throughout many posts there’s been so many varying figures mentioned. 

Agreed. I cringe every time one of our fans claims to be ITK. 😬 

15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

dont quote me on this but i think a few years back WLC came a baw hair of demolishing it due to the fact i think livi were in administration (again) and it was a white elephant.  Pretty sure they had a hotel in one of the corners that's now disused.

The council wrote off 290k of rent arrears and changed the whole lease for them so that we were paying less when not in the premier. It's all here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://coins.westlothian.gov.uk/coins/viewSelectedDocument.asp%3Fc%3De%97%9Df%8Fo%7C&ved=2ahUKEwi_oav3xKvpAhUcSxUIHaOXCWcQFjAEegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw0gseQHi-RH60voy5rzy5Sa

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The council wrote off 290k of rent arrears and changed the whole lease for them so that we were paying less when not in the premier. It's all here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://coins.westlothian.gov.uk/coins/viewSelectedDocument.asp%3Fc%3De%97%9Df%8Fo%7C&ved=2ahUKEwi_oav3xKvpAhUcSxUIHaOXCWcQFjAEegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw0gseQHi-RH60voy5rzy5Sa

Falkirk council is a walking disaster everything they touch they arse up Labour group funding 800k into a new town hall that no one asked for, investing money in fracking and pushing for fracking in the area under the illusion it will create more wealth in the area "aye right". They even manage to arse up the deal surrounding the kelpies if it doesnt meet the sculptors approval. The scary thing is it shows how inept our board were dealing with an inept council.