The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Does the begging bowl coming out not concern you a bit?

That Donate A Ticket thing for example is almost exclusively non league clubs run by volunteers, then you have Raith. Seems a bit weird to me.

The donate a ticket thing was set up by a Raith fan, who then got the club involved. Hence why Rovers were early adopters.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Some of the stuff written in the last couple of pages are frightening and just reaffirm why we need controls.
Trying to compare Scandic nations with Italy, France, UK and Spain is frankly ridiculous. Please also note that despite media reporting there HAS been a lockdown in Sweden, it’s just loose in nature.
There are various factors such as population density, lifestyle, testing approaches that all have significant impact on the R rate.
However anyone that does not think that lockdown reduces the R value must have been on another planet recently...

I'm just going by all the various information I've gathered and statistics etc over the last few weeks and nothing more. My opinion is not political in any way.  We're all allowed our own opinions on this of course and I can understand why governments had to act in such away given the stats they had in hand at the time. 

Anyway I see Rangers have said they will provide the funds for any independent investigation so surely no reason not to have one now as long as it is truly independent of course.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you comparing Sweden against the UK and a whole or just Scotland?

As I'm relatively sure the UK is being skewed massively by London, a condensed world hub of the likes Sweden has nothing remotely similar too.

The salient point is what countries call "Lockdown" is not the same. Ours is a halfway house, not quite as lax as Sweden, who are still enforcing social distancing in offices and shops and not as tight as the Spanish and Italian lockdowns. 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not a case of "even as a young man" Dobbie was out of condition.  It's a case of "only as a young man..."  He's not been overweight for over a decade.

I'm guessing you also mean "attitude" rather than "aptitude".  The latter has never been in doubt.

Correct MT - I did mean attitude. 

You have well out of him in both his spells as a Queens player. Defo the 2 most productive spells of his career.

54 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Correct MT - I did mean attitude. 

You have well out of him in both his spells as a Queens player. Defo the 2 most productive spells of his career.

He was pretty productive down south too.  He wasn't as prolific though, as it's a much higher level.

He just lacked the athleticism to make it in the EPL I think.  He's a bit unlucky to have never been capped, but at his prime, we were playing one up front to run after lost causes all day.  He was never that sort of player.

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He was pretty productive down south too.  He wasn't as prolific though, as it's a much higher level.

He just lacked the athleticism to make it in the EPL I think.  He's a bit unlucky to have never been capped, but at his prime, we were playing one up front to run after lost causes all day.  He was never that sort of player.

I notice he's now 37. Do you think he'll quit if there is no more football in 2020?

17 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I notice he's now 37. Do you think he'll quit if there is no more football in 2020?

He's signed up for next season, which I think will surely be his last.

What form next season eventually takes, however, will obviously have an impact.

I'd hate to think we'd seen the last of him without realising it.  That must be among the possibilities though.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's signed up for next season, which I think will surely be his last.

What form next season eventually takes, however, will obviously have an impact.

I'd hate to think we'd seen the last of him without realising it.  That must be among the possibilities though.

Put yourself in his position 37 and not kicked a ball in 7 months. That's a lot of pain just to get physical condition then getting match sharp for what ? Few months of football knowing you will be a shadow of the player. Common sense dictates you call it a day.

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Interesting statement now from caley thistle backing the fact that they had raised complaints about bullying with cockwomble which he then has denied. Surely his position is now untenable.

Just read it.

Very interesting and telling statement!

54 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Interesting statement now from caley thistle backing the fact that they had raised complaints about bullying with cockwomble which he then has denied. Surely his position is now untenable.

In any other sphere it surely would be. In fact, the whole of that board should be history after what has been going on over the past few weeks. If they genuinely had nothing  to hide they will have no problem with an independent enquiry. But as long as Lawell is working him from behind, he'll continue to try to bluster and brazen it out. He's allegedly trousering the thick end of 400k for this, be better getting rid of him immediately and paying that cash out to clubs. He's been an absolute disaster for the lower league clubs in particular, with his vandalism of the Challenge Cup and losing Championship clubs money with his shitey TV deals. Time is up.

Put yourself in his position 37 and not kicked a ball in 7 months. That's a lot of pain just to get physical condition then getting match sharp for what ? Few months of football knowing you will be a shadow of the player. Common sense dictates you call it a day.
Could he the case for a few regardless of age. Big decisions to be made for a lot of players. Any one at any level below the top 6 maybe will have to be thinking, if they have a skill that can earn, do they just go and get a job. Earning through football is one f**k off big gamble in Scotland atm.

A lot could be said for Falkirk positioning themselves as the best option for PT football.

A well written statement from ICT. Get the feeling that this whole situation that seemed bullet proof may be coming unstuck. Only needing a few others to raise their heads and let us  know how they’ve been bullied, and good for ICT mentioning Brechin who’s chairman sits on the SPFL board. Rotten to the Fck... core.

Whether they are right or wrong, it’s a terribly written statement.

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Could he the case for a few regardless of age. Big decisions to be made for a lot of players. Any one at any level below the top 6 maybe will have to be thinking, if they have a skill that can earn, do they just go and get a job. Earning through football is one f**k off big gamble in Scotland atm.

A lot could be said for Falkirk positioning themselves as the best option for PT football.

Standards will drop because of the loss of players when this is all over.

Older players  well as discussed its not worth the hassle for the few games that will be played.

Players out of contract or have had their contracts terminated in a month or so are not going to hang around and hope for the best.

Young and Youth players they will dumped first as the first easy way to cut costs. Again they are not going to hang around.

Goodness knows what talent will have been lost to the game.

This will only led to a further drop in standards and in turn people that will turn up to watch.

Well done to the clubs that have the balls to stand up to this corrupt regime. Forget the teams that only have their own self interest  they will  hopefully one day get their comeupense. Who actually votes for this shower of shiesters in power . Tuesdays EGM should  hopefully answer more questions & hopefully make way for more honest individuals  to run  an honest transparent   govering body ,doubtful though. As long as sky tv have Rangers v Celtic 4 times a year i honestly beleive  the SPFL will do their utmost to stick 2fingers up to the other 40 clubs they are supposed  to look after

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Once again we pin our hopes on many chairman growing a pair. It would be astonishing if the vote goes for a external enquiry. One chink of light is the ICT statement, reading between the lines, suspect more to come out. Here’s bloody hoping 

Too many are happy to move along now they've got what they wanted. Now that Rangers have agreed to foot the bill theres no reason not to have a proper external enquiry.