The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

Think we're the only club to have paid back every penny owed after admin...

Will be a big test for most clubs now - no chance we'll still have 42 clubs by the time we get back playing. 

Your club certainly wasn't when it comes to underhand tactics when you look what happened with McKinnon.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not against going to the council and trying to renegotiate but that isn't going to happen. Gary Dean's has already stated that he thinks we have an excellent deal with them so unless we really get in the deep dodo I cant see that happening any time soon. When you think livi were only paying 40k a year in the championship to wlc its shocking what we're paying.

Gary Deans comment was stupid as that's the first thing the council will quote in defense of the status quo. What was he thinking of saying it in the first place, is beyond me. As we both agreed FFC are getting well and truly screwed regarding the stadium. What looked like a good deal 5 month ago is a millstone now and Deans has to tell the council that.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Gary Deans comment was stupid as that's the first thing the council will quote in defense of the status quo. What was he thinking of saying it in the first place, is beyond me. As we both agreed FFC are getting well and truly screwed regarding the stadium. What looked like a good deal 5 month ago is a millstone now and Deans has to tell the council that.

It's an ok deal when we're in the top flight but it's a bad one when we're not.

Your club certainly wasn't when it comes to underhand tactics when you look what happened with McKinnon.

Jeez, McKinnon is no longer with us....thank f**k.
It’s clearly hurt you guys badly after all this time.
I’m sure there’s a good therapist in Greenock somewhere you can talk to.
Time to move on.....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Jeez, McKinnon is no longer with us....thank f**k.
It’s clearly hurt you guys badly after all this time.
I’m sure there’s a good therapist in Greenock somewhere you can talk to.
Time to move on.....

Was the same with hibs for a long while. Couldnt keep off our thread even when in a different league entirely.

Guest Ecosse83

Does anyone know what the club's operating costs are in League 1 compared to the Championship?

Given that no fans will get to games maybe it will be a better thing being in League 1 cost wise. 

Also has there been any packages announced for next season yet? I'd definitely subscribe to an online season ticket for the games of we do one!

24 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Does anyone know what the club's operating costs are in League 1 compared to the Championship?

Given that no fans will get to games maybe it will be a better thing being in League 1 cost wise. 

Also has there been any packages announced for next season yet? I'd definitely subscribe to an online season ticket for the games of we do one!

I very much doubt you'll see any behind closed doors games in our league.

Guest Ecosse83
26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If that's the case I wonder what will happen with us, they surely can't just tell us were not playing for a year!

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If that's the case I wonder what will happen with us, they surely can't just tell us were not playing for a year!

Well, they can. And they will if a virus that is killing hundreds of people in the UK every day hasn't got a vaccine or effective treatment. 

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Well, they can. And they will if a virus that is killing hundreds of people in the UK every day hasn't got a vaccine or effective treatment. 

Not the point I was making!

My point was if League 1 season didn't go ahead surely they couldn't just tell us we are having a year off whilst the top 2 flights go ahead behind closed doors. 

Edited by Ecosse83

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If there are games going to played then it has to be with a crowd at our level. Closed door games would only work with TV coverage and the pay per view to make it viable. So that option is not for the likes of us at present

The way things are looking the government are months away from giving the go ahead to crowds at any sport events.   Even then add 2-3 months for clubs to get their act together regarding management - signing players - getting stadiums re certified / insured.

This is inevitable and we are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

The club should plan accordingly with the appropriate cost cutting exercise to be in the best shape whenever normality returns. 

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Not the point I was making!

My point was if League 1 season didn't go ahead surely they couldn't just tell us we are having a year off whilst the top 2 flights go ahead behind closed doors. 

Doubt the championship will see much either.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Do you know what the figures are?

My assumption has always been that we're getting screwed so I was surprised when GD said that it was a good deal for the club. Although he'll have the figures not only for what we're paying but presumably also on how they compare to other businesses who don't own the premises they work from. If you have specifics to contradict him I'd love to hear them.

On your other point about renegotiating tenancy rates, I believe we've raised the subject with FCSL.

Given the damage thats been done to the stand with the high winds i would imagine that repairing the likes of that would be down to the stadium company to repair, and i dare say that isnt cheap to repair given the requirement for high access etc to repair it so if the upkeep is down to the stadium company then cant be all bad surely ?