The Falkirk FC Thread

Lovely jubbly seethe.

How many teams you want in the SPFL? 42 not enough?

If you’ve read any of my posts recently you’d know I believe the right conclusion has been reached but in the wrong way .
So no seethe from me, but I’d show a bit more humility if I were you given your clubs embarrassing position tonight,....

If you’ve read any of my posts recently you’d know I believe the right conclusion has been reached but in the wrong way .
So no seethe from me, but I’d show a bit more humility if I were you given your clubs embarrassing position tonight,....

I haven’t.

I’m absolutely delighted at what my club has done tonight - it’s what our fans wanted.

A bigger top flight is not some panacea, it would be shite. Our current league structure is absolutely fine and that’s why it’s been kept.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

'Embarrassing position' is chatting about 'our place in the top division' and 'as always we'll be letting our performances do the talking' when you've been an absolute comedy jobber side for the past half dozen years. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

'Embarrassing position' is chatting about 'our place in the top division' and 'as always we'll be letting our performances do the talking' when you've been an absolute comedy jobber side for the past half dozen years. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Give us a break, two and a half years. 

1 hour ago, Just a bairn said:

"take our place in the top division" - I've never understood this stance. 5 years in the top flight in it's currrent format doesn't merit a permenant position. We're in league one FFS.

Indeed, that's hilarious.

Since I first started watching football on a regular basis in 1976/77, Falkirk have played 11 seasons in the top division out of 44.

You're the very definition of a lower league club.

Brief reminder as well that Falkirk voted against an extra relegation place from the Premier league the last time they were in the top flight. 

So any bleatings of self-preservationist pigs, I'm afraid falls on deaf ears. 100% that Falkirk would have been one of the six if they were part of the top 12 sides in the country. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Disappointed that a few of our own have ridiculed our chairman’s statement. Yes maybe a few words could have been characterised, but ffs give the guy some respect. First time I’ve heard such a vociferous attack on an organisation riddled with corruption, greed and self preservation. I’ve heard so many chairman over the years licking the arses of the the self proclaimed, so I’m fully behind his honest appraisal of the current theatrical situation of the latest vote.

It’s good to know that St Mirren fans on here are proud to be part of the corrupt dozen.

Of course they are a yo-yo club so I await to see their position when they are down in the next couple of seasons and the pointless discussion re reconstruction arises.

A fourteen team league would probably have ensured that they would spend more time in the top league but their fans can’t work that out.

Incredible.....

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Disappointed that a few of our own have ridiculed our chairman’s statement. Yes maybe a few words could have been characterised, but ffs give the guy some respect. First time I’ve heard such a vociferous attack on an organisation riddled with corruption, greed and self preservation. I’ve heard so many chairman over the years licking the arses of the the self proclaimed, so I’m fully behind his honest appraisal of the current theatrical situation of the latest vote.

It's a Rangers-esque statement with a Falkirk badge on it. Embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Completely disagree, not embarrassed by the statement. You know full well that we’ve been subjected to a continued  stream of allegations over the past few seasons that has driven a wedge between our supporters and BOD. Gary Deans statement is a breath of fresh air. 

Haha, that’s unreal irony. Talking about how statements have driven a wedge between and divided fans, and starting your post with “completely disagree”. Another statement that’ll do literally nothing but align us with Rangers and divide our own fans. Well done Gary.

56 minutes ago, Lex said:

Absolutely delighted. How’s life in the third tier?

St Mirren have never played at that level so genuinely interested. Must be really shite?

It’s not very good to be honest.

But I can’t understand people like you supporting two teams. Crazy.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s good to know that St Mirren fans on here are proud to be part of the corrupt dozen.

Of course they are a yo-yo club so I await to see their position when they are down in the next couple of seasons and the pointless discussion re reconstruction arises.

A fourteen team league would probably have ensured that they would spend more time in the top league but their fans can’t work that out.

Incredible.....

Nope...a 14 team league was proposed as a temporary measure with a rapid return to 12.  Almost certainly the plan would have been 3 down and one up therefore a much higher percentage chance of being relegated.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Completely disagree, not embarrassed by the statement. You know full well that we’ve been subjected to a continued  stream of allegations over the past few seasons that has driven a wedge between our supporters and BOD. Gary Deans statement is a breath of fresh air. 

I thought Deans was pretty naïve tbh. He has went from "reluctantly accepting"  the last vote to a calling the whole process an utter shambles. Reconstruction was never a given and anyone who knows Scottish football would know the top teams would never vote for a model which dilutes their cash share.

The last bit about doing our talking on the park totally contradicts what he was saying about taking it further off the park. And if we hadn't been so poor at times this season we'd be clear at the top of our league and going up.

Still think though we will be one of the few left standing at the end of it all so I'm not too stressed about it.'