The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Ross County made it clear last week they would vote against any temporary reconstruction.
I’ve said a few times on here as soon as they start discussing split of money, greed would prevail....

McGregor lives for being better than The Caley. He’s never going to vote to promote us back the the same league as County.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Ross County made it clear last week they would vote against any temporary reconstruction.
I’ve said a few times on here as soon as they start discussing split of money, greed would prevail....

Yeah against any temporary reconstruction. They didn't say they would vote against any reconstruction.  The top flight have just knocked back any idea of reconstruction altogether no matter the format. They could have said that weeks ago and saved a lot of people the bother.

Let's just see how many teams are still around when we re-start football in 2021, that's when we'll see the real reconstruction.

Did someone say there's been a change in the rules taking away the points reduction for admin?

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah against any temporary reconstruction. They didn't say they would vote against any reconstruction.  The top flight have just knocked back any idea of reconstruction altogether no matter the format. They could have said that weeks ago and saved a lot of people the bother.

Is there any other leagues where they think playing the same teams 4 times a season and have the same team win every single trophy is the best possible product ??

Second season in the seaside league?

Sair yin.

You guys must be quite upset this evening.

St Mirren.
A club that should be fighting for an expanded SPFL and the rights of the middle to smaller clubs.
But really just a bunch of self interested shitebags like the rest of them in the upper tier......

23 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Let's just see how many teams are still around when we re-start football in 2021, that's when we'll see the real reconstruction.

Did someone say there's been a change in the rules taking away the points reduction for admin?

It was mentioned they were looking at doing away with the points deduction for clubs entering administration due to the pandemic whether its been made official or not is anyones guess.

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is there any other leagues where they think playing the same teams 4 times a season and have the same team win every single trophy is the best possible product ??

Probably not. Probably no other organisation where hypothetically two teams can scupper the views of the other 40 but that's scottish football for you.

24 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

In the end, I suspect that is perhaps a common thought in the football boardrooms. There is a pretty solid argument for suggesting that reconstruction will occur naturally in Scotland due to loss of clubs. As I understand the TV contract, the number of teams below the Premiership is moot. Add to that the idea that due to restructuring of prize monies, the 14-14-14 would have required the conjuring of about £2,000,000 out of thin air...or, more likely, the payouts at the top of the Premiership...it was never going to happen.

In the end, the Premiership hangers on did a little math and saw that 14 now would likely become 12 again later, with the need to relegate three or four clubs of the top 14. You can easily imagine that at least 6 of the current 12 teams didn’t feel comfortable with the risk that posed to their moneybucket. Let’s say that 10 teams fail before football restarts...that’s easy, everyone fills the empty spots above them and the top HL/LL teams become the new League Two. More or less teams failing simply adjusts the alignment a bit.

Falkirk simply needs one financially poorly run team above them to not make it, and “reconstruction” happens. Hearts, Partick and Stranraer have the same outlook, and I’m sure we can all see a few teams that are wobbly enough as it is. Honestly, I’m pretty disappointed in the results of this Quixotic quest, but I never really expected to see a change from it, especially after 14-14-14(16) became the contender.

The sole remaining variable is Hearts threatened legal action. The costs of that fight alone will probably doom a couple of clubs as solicitors and bullshit consume funds that would otherwise be paid out and drive fans away from the game.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t follow these things very closely but are there any Championship clubs which are close to going bust?

I certainly wont bat an eyelid if any of the top flight should go down the pan after this shambles.

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Quite happy with this tbh. We got dumped into this league on merit, wouldn’t feel right getting a free ticket back out of it.

There was 8 games to, only team that's got a free ticket is Raith. 

Iv mellowed on this slightly of late.

Football with crowds is further away than I initially thought, a lot of months probably.

f**k knows if we ever get football without crowds, but either way, there absolutely no telling what Scottiah football looks like a year from now and if you offer me existence for Falkirk FC, il take that above all else.

All the reconstruction talks in the world have a very big chance of being totally irrelevant by the time a ball is kicked.

The whole thing reeks of Scottish Football brand ineptitude but I genuinely think we are so far from the end of the tunnel here that theres no point dwelling on it.

2 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

There was 8 games to, only team that's got a free ticket is Raith. 

Yaaaawwwn!

Aye so says you, yet during the season Falkirk failed in 3 attempts (4 if you count the chocolate biscuit cup) to get the better of Rovers, what reason have you for thinking You’d have managed it last Saturday?

Falkirk FC respond to news of the failure of league reconstruction talks

Falkirk FC Chairman Gary Deans said:

“Today’s announcement will not come as a huge surprise to Falkirk supporters who have, along with the rest of Scottish football, witnessed firsthand the utter shambles engulfing our game these last few weeks.

As you know I have been working with the SPFL Reconstruction Group over recent weeks and I received a call late this afternoon (8 May) informing me that six Premier League clubs had indicated they would not support any league reconstruction at the present time.

As a club we embarked upon this process with eyes wide open and tempered optimism, hoping that the SPFL and other clubs might see the bigger picture and act in the best interests of Scottish football. In fairness, some did see that bigger picture and approached talks in a constructive manner – but once again progress has been hampered by the short sightedness and self-preservation of a small cabal within Scotland’s top division.

You will share my anger at this latest injustice, the failed promises and the general mismanagement that has occurred at the top of Scottish football for many years

The handling of this entire situation has been farcical ranging from the decisions made by the SPFL board to those clubs who have, what could only be charitably described as, misled and deceived.  The principle of ‘do no harm’ to Scottish football during the pandemic was thrown out of the window a long time ago and the decision taken today will cause harm to many clubs – Falkirk included.

To add insult to injury to release a statement on a Friday evening adding to the stress of players, staff and the many people connected with football clubs is a sign of the blatant contempt that those in charge of our game hold for us all.

I have already embarked upon discussions with other clubs who share my anger and we will be considering the next steps to take over the weekend.  I will keep you informed as matters progress but for now the club has made it clear that we cannot support this unfair decision taken by six clubs and supported by those at the SPFL.  Change is required.

As a club we must do what we’ve always done, let our performances on the pitch do the talking, and with your support press on through the leagues and take our place in the top division where we can continue to lobby for the necessary change required in Scottish football.”