The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

He is a Tory, do you really think that he cares about people in hardship?

Look, the money was paid about 8months ago with no expectation of ever receiving a refund.

Id agree with you if they were being asked to cough up now to help the club. Obviously, some folks would struggle but to argue for a refund under these circumstances is just mad.

But, hey, most SNP policies are mad.

Look, the money was paid about 8months ago with no expectation of ever receiving a refund.
Id agree with you if they were being asked to cough up now to help the club. Obviously, some folks would struggle but to argue for a refund under these circumstances is just mad.
But, hey, most SNP policies are mad.

I am not arguing for a refund. I am saying there are people who have invested a lot more as a percentage of their income that you that £70 right now when they have no income coming in who would love to have that money. I am merely applauding Patrick’s initiative as in the most difficult time in almost all living memory it is an extremely charitable offer. Most wont take it up but a few will.

36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am not arguing for a refund. I am saying there are people who have invested a lot more as a percentage of their income that you that £70 right now when they have no income coming in who would love to have that money. I am merely applauding Patrick’s initiative as in the most difficult time in almost all living memory it is an extremely charitable offer. Most wont take it up but a few will.

Okay, I don’t think it merits a huge argument which I always seem to get into.
I’ll just leave this one.

On a positive note, I see that Andrew Neil, who lives in France, is reporting that they will be allowing sporting occasions with crowds from July/August and without crowds from June.

Lets get this show back on the road and end house arrest and this police state.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

On a positive note, I see that Andrew Neil, who lives in France, is reporting that they will be allowing sporting occasions with crowds from July/August and without crowds from June.

Might as well, we're all fucked anyway.

Meanwhile, I'm off for a pint of Dettol with a nice wee Domestos chaser!

I take it you haven’t noticed that there’s a second spike in infections happening in countries that have reopened such as Singapore and Northern Japan?
It’s deluded to think that full reopening is going to be possible without consequences.
Then again, you are deluded. Have you got your bottle of domestos at the ready, just in case?.....

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

So, like when you are driving around, and there always seem to be arsehole drivers about, consider the common factor.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Fifers talking about goal of the season....

Any thoughts for ours?

Haven’t seen many, but Sammon’s goal versus Raith, at Stark’s, was a beautiful shot. The Raith TV picture was almost dead in line with the balls path into the corner. Didn’t like it, but had to admire it.

Edited by TxRover

6 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

A Tory complaining about a Tory government's policies AND police overreach, who'd have thunk it?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

A Tory complaining about a Tory government's policies AND police overreach, who'd have thunk it?

And the SNP in Scotland which has autonomy in Scotland on health. Yes.

I note the papers are reporting that the Premier League will be back in a few weeks time.

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I note the papers are reporting that the Premier League will be back in a few weeks time.

The papers also reported that Freddie Starr ate a hamster.

Papers are for morons.

57 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

😂

TBF a league where the bottom club earns £200m is directly comparable to Scottish League One in terms of what they can afford to do.

50 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Dawson Park Boy. The YouGov poll just released advised that 74% of those polled in Scotland did not thrust the newspapers. Surprised it is that low to be honest !

The press and broadcasters do not reflect public opinion or even report facts. The mouthpiece of the establishment. 80% of the newspapers are owned by 5 billionaire tax exiles who run them as a propaganda outlet.

If the papers are where you get the information that forms the basis of your posts. Then that explains a lot about the content.

Lets have some fun with Dawson Park Boy today.

Anybody care to speculate on what paper he reads first ? I go for the Scotsman.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Dawson Park Boy. The YouGov poll just released advised that 74% of those polled in Scotland did not thrust the newspapers. Surprised it is that low to be honest !

The press and broadcasters do not reflect public opinion or even report facts. The mouthpiece of the establishment. 80% of the newspapers are owned by 5 billionaire tax exiles who run them as a propaganda outlet.

If the papers are where you get the information that forms the basis of your posts. Then that explains a lot about the content.

Under lockdown people are getting really bored but thrusting newspapers come on. Can we not keep the politics shite to where it belongs and stick to fitbaw. Bad enough all that shite when you turn on the telly.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

No chance Daily Mail man