The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Where would they isolate as a group ? Would the families accept this ? Would those involved accept this ? All clubs and individuals involved would have to sign up to it and abide by the restrictions. In other words a collective effort to make it work.  Get where you are coming from and it makes sense but that requires unity. Something sadly lacking in Scottish Football at the moment. But with the ruling bodies being dis functional bordering on Marx Brothers organisation. I just cannot see that collective unity required to make it work.

Good post - Stay Safe ! 

Thanks, you too.

But to try to answer your questions with my assumptions :

Isolation - The group would stay at a hotel near the training ground/stadium - nearly all hotels are empty.

Families - Many footballers are young single men and used to staying away but regardless this is something the families would have to accept - we are all in isolation anyway. It's no different to the many health workers staying in hotels near the hospitals away from their families.    

As I said it's not a million miles away from when teams operate at a World Cup  - even the WAGS are kept away from the team in another hotel.

Away from Scotland , there are many extremely competent national football bodies - there are mulit mulit millions at stake here, they will find a way of making it work. The German clubs are already back in training and the EPL are at the advanced planning stage. 

I get that this is not a solution for the lower leagues which will have to go into hibernation or extinction - it might not even be workable for the Scottish Premiership but it will happen elsewhere.  

Right now I'd be happy to watch any football being played behind closed doors, people need some sort of a lift and some hope. 

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Thanks, you too.

But to try to answer your questions with my assumptions :

Isolation - The group would stay at a hotel near the training ground/stadium - nearly all hotels are empty.

Families - Many footballers are young single men and used to staying away but regardless this is something the families would have to accept - we are all in isolation anyway. It's no different to the many health workers staying in hotels near the hospitals away from their families.    

As I said it's not a million miles away from when teams operate at a World Cup  - even the WAGS are kept away from the team in another hotel.

Away from Scotland , there are many extremely competent national football bodies - there are mulit mulit millions at stake here, they will find a way of making it work. The German clubs are already back in training and the EPL are at the advanced planning stage. 

I get that this is not a solution for the lower leagues which will have to go into hibernation or extinction - it might not even be workable for the Scottish Premiership but it will happen elsewhere.  

Right now I'd be happy to watch any football being played behind closed doors, people need some sort of a lift and some hope. 

Agree ! your proposition minimises risk as best you can for individuals. But people coming together in such close contact is an inherent risk. All it would take is for one individual to touch a surface infected with the virus. They are not infected but are an unintended carrier. They in turn touch oh ! for example a door handle in the stadium.  All it would take is for one instance of mass infection traced back to a fixture and the game plan ( excusing the pun ) grinds to a halt. It is to stop that infection trail that governments have the isolation policy in the first place.

There would have to be as you stated isolation and continual testing of all those involved. But on top of that strict hygiene procedures masks-gloves-sanitisers etc added to the mix.

The bunch of charlatans and hucksters running the game in Scotland just do not have the drive, intellect or vision. To come up with a solution or the unity to make it work. Germany can make it work because they don't have chancers like the blazers and Doncaster calling the shots. 

22 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I've had tickets to festivals which were cancelled and they've asked people to roll their tickets over to next year with some incentive attached or given them the option of a refund.

Considering we're only missing something like 4 of the 18 games on the season ticket I'd hope they'd offer something similar, i.e. a proportional refund of the games if you really needed it but if you waive the refund you get the most cost effective of

• a discounted season ticket for next year
  • subscription to falkirk tv
  • the offer of free tickets to the Betfred cup games
  • vouchers for the shop.
  • parking space at the stadium for next year
  • something like an open day to watch training

so you can help the club out by continuing your support rather than taking money out.

That said, times will be tough for a lot of people so can't grudge anyone taking a refund.

From what is leaking from the Westminster PR machine the thinking is no events with crowds for the rest of the year. It can't be long before the Government have to announce or at least give an outline of when and what can re open, then we know for certain.

If that is the case then football clubs have no choice but to go an a care an maintain basis. Cut everything that can be cut, go into hibernation and try to last as long as possible with the money they have. 

If that means vacating the Community Stadium. Paying off the players signed for next ( never to be ) season. Letting players who are out of contract go. Sadly don't renew Miller and McCracken's contract.

No stadium overheads - no wages - directors waive expense accounts FFC just might make it - others won't ! Never thought I would say it ' but thank goodness we have the get out of stadium overheads to contend with '

If there is a Falkirk Football Club at the end of this - I will settle for that !

It's being so cheery that keeps me going !

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a shame that McManus' goals and Millers glorious return are going to count for absolutely f**k all. Also, the contribution of wee Jimmy Gomis.

If Miller had shown any composure at Stark's Park, you'd be looking forward to guaranteed Championship football next season. 

30 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If Miller had shown any composure at Stark's Park, you'd be looking forward to guaranteed Championship football next season. 

Oh cool. 

f**k Lee Miller and all nostalgia/fondness for him on that basis

23 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I got this via email. Belter.

D9D86E6B-6FCC-4503-A9A0-0950EEFCA0CE.png

McKinnon is the least thing that’s wrong with that sales pitch yesterday. The old fella that the original feature was about sadly passed away back in February. So much for knowing what’s going on in “The Falkirk Family” 

27 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

McKinnon is the least thing that’s wrong with that sales pitch yesterday. The old fella that the original feature was about sadly passed away back in February. So much for knowing what’s going on in “The Falkirk Family” 

Didn’t know that. Sad to hear.

An absolutely shambolic advert then.

12 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Also requires the hotels to re-open and be staffed. Are the cleaners and cooks to live-in as well?

Yes.

This already happens in Australia for citizens returning from overseas being put into 14 days quarantine by the Government in isolated hotels in the state capital cities.

It's not that difficult really. 

Nonsense

No refund due.

Any true supporter would NOT expect a refund during this crisis.

You may well be able to afford to right the money off however there are many families struggling in very difficult times and if someone needed the £70 then they certainly shouldn't be classed as some sort of pariah for asking for it. I applaud Partick's move TBH.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You may well be able to afford to right the money off however there are many families struggling in very difficult times and if someone needed the £70 then they certainly shouldn't be classed as some sort of pariah for asking for it. I applaud Partick's move TBH.

The point is that you have spent the money quite some time ago and when you buy the ST, you know that, in all probability, you are going to miss a few games due to holidays, family events, work commitments, etc. For me I can never attend on Tuesday evenings due to bridge playing commitments. C’est la vie.

Anyway, I think most folks buy their ST as they know they are helping the club to organise its finances for the ensuing season.

Also, fixtures get moved around due to TV schedules, weather problems, etc.

People moan but they don’t go asking for a refund.

Im a member at Bannatyne’s and they have stopped taking my sub. Absolutely spot on as they are totally closed and I have no access to their facilities but, IMO, they are no way like a football club.

Anyway, you may have a point but I just feel that the money is spent. Forget it!

Fifers talking about goal of the season....

Any thoughts for ours?

Doyle, Gomis and McManus free kick were all long range screamers.

There were some nice goals in the 6-0 at home semi recently, I forget which Jobbers we were playing but Paul Dixon scored the 6th....

There was a pretty sexual team goal finished off by Cunto Telfer against Dumbarton in the first couple of weeks too.

Any standouts?

Any thoughts for ours?

There were some nice goals in the 6-0 at home semi recently, I forget which Jobbers we were playing but Paul Dixon scored the 6th....

There was a pretty sexual team goal finished off by Cunto Telfer against Dumbarton in the first couple of weeks too.

Any standouts?
The shitbags goal against dumbarton stands out for me, lovely wee chip pass with a good finish

4 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Any thoughts for ours?

Any standouts?

The shitbags goal against dumbarton stands out for me, lovely wee chip pass with a good finish

Tidser and Telfer combination.... A lot of promise shown there that day with neither coming close to delivering. 

The point is that you have spent the money quite some time ago and when you buy the ST, you know that, in all probability, you are going to miss a few games due to holidays, family events, work commitments, etc. For me I can never attend on Tuesday evenings due to bridge playing commitments. C’est la vie.
Anyway, I think most folks buy their ST as they know they are helping the club to organise its finances for the ensuing season.
Also, fixtures get moved around due to TV schedules, weather problems, etc.
People moan but they don’t go asking for a refund.
Im a member at Bannatyne’s and they have stopped taking my sub. Absolutely spot on as they are totally closed and I have no access to their facilities but, IMO, they are no way like a football club.
Anyway, you may have a point but I just feel that the money is spent. Forget it!

£70 is a lot of money to a family who have had no income for 4 weeks. And yes they are families in that position

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Goal of the season for me was dumbartons first in the one each draw at their gaff. Got rid of mckinnon thank feck.

On the other hand own goals of the century must he your spunking of mega bucks on McKinnon and Tidser.