The Falkirk FC Thread

Were you around when the liquidators were moving in? BtB thought they had "leverage" back then
They're a business, just like any other &, unless you own shares, you're just a customer.
They've not fulfilled their side of the contract (18 games) & have made no mention on how they intend addressing the situation.
Ultimately, it might come down to a section 75 claim (Consumer Credit Act 1974).

If you are genuinely thinking that way, I think you ought to go and follow another club, tbh.....

How's about a refund for THIS season?
They've broken contract & still hold 4 games worth of ST money.
Raith supporter here. State of this roaster ^^

I know he's not representative of your support, but jings....

For what it's worth, I hope you come up with us.

51 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Were you around when the liquidators were moving in? BtB thought they had "leverage" back then
They're a business, just like any other &, unless you own shares, you're just a customer.
They've not fulfilled their side of the contract (18 games) & have made no mention on how they intend addressing the situation.
Ultimately, it might come down to a section 75 claim (Consumer Credit Act 1974).

Ahhhhh, that’s the old kiddy I remember 

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the club should offer refunds to be honest. It's the decent thing to do. I would seriously hope though that noone would take them up on the offer.

Given the state of some of our supporters, do you genuinely believe that NO-ONE would take up such an offer?

Also, are you aware of any other club that has offered refunds so far? I think the SPFL and others would be asking questions re the stories of clubs being in financial danger without increased funding, never mind the integrity of the club claiming money from the government to furlough employees......

Edited by roman_bairn

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the club should offer refunds to be honest. It's the decent thing to do. I would seriously hope though that noone would take them up on the offer.

How can you say that you hope nobody would take them up on their offer when 1 of around 7 fans (c.14%) who has posted on here this morning has already stated their intention to do so ??

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

All players , background staff and a skeleton staff of stadium employees would be tested before going into isolation for the "festival of football" - therefore vastly reducing their chances of catching the virus.

Players would be tested again before the match just in case,  before any physical contact during the game.

Play the game then back into isolation. Not a million miles from what you'd expect during a World Cup.

This is how the NRL & AFL are going to do it in Australia , and I'd expect the EPL to make it happen.   

Where would they isolate as a group ? Would the families accept this ? Would those involved accept this ? All clubs and individuals involved would have to sign up to it and abide by the restrictions. In other words a collective effort to make it work.  Get where you are coming from and it makes sense but that requires unity. Something sadly lacking in Scottish Football at the moment. But with the ruling bodies being dis functional bordering on Marx Brothers organisation. I just cannot see that collective unity required to make it work.

Good post - Stay Safe ! 

I've had tickets to festivals which were cancelled and they've asked people to roll their tickets over to next year with some incentive attached or given them the option of a refund.

Considering we're only missing something like 4 of the 18 games on the season ticket I'd hope they'd offer something similar, i.e. a proportional refund of the games if you really needed it but if you waive the refund you get the most cost effective of

• a discounted season ticket for next year
  • subscription to falkirk tv
  • the offer of free tickets to the Betfred cup games
  • vouchers for the shop.
  • parking space at the stadium for next year
  • something like an open day to watch training

so you can help the club out by continuing your support rather than taking money out.

That said, times will be tough for a lot of people so can't grudge anyone taking a refund.

Edited by ilostmyself

I've had tickets to festivals which were cancelled and they've asked people to roll their tickets over to next year with some incentive attached or given them the option of a refund.
Considering we're only missing something like 4 of the 18 games on the season ticket I'd hope they'd offer something similar, i.e. a proportional refund of the games if you really needed it but if you waive the refund you get the most cost effective of
  • vouchers for the shop.
so you can help the club out by continuing your support rather than taking money out.
That said, times will be tough for a lot of people so can't grudge anyone taking a refund.

There will be no refunds the money we paid was in good faith to build a squad to get promoted.(at least that was the plan )The cash was spent by RM, I think the council should step up to the mark and stop taking rent from the club until this is over.im also assuming SA is waiving his payments with regard to the south stand “gift”!

Doubt there would be too many folk asking for a refund. SS punters would be due around £50 so, if they could afford a ticket in the first place, then I'm guessing that most would be able to leave the cash with the club.

Could well be different for people that had bought multiple tickets for the family though?

24 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

• vouchers for the shop.

Nonsense

No refund due.

Any true supporter would NOT expect a refund during this crisis.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Nonsense

No refund due.

Any true supporter would NOT expect a refund during this crisis.

I'm not saying I'm looking for a refund or anything, just suggesting a way the club could add an incentive to people not taking refunds if the time comes.

Can imagine a precedent being set by fans of bigger clubs who're missing more games with a more expensive season ticket, that would leave the smaller clubs having to make a choice on the matter.

Not strictly correct. BtB had fairly conventional drivers at the time (save the club). One BtB guy was in it for what he could get out of it, and he had a wee guy hanging onto his coat tails on the promise of some jam for him if he stuck with GC.

No-one else involved was there to self promote or leverage any sort of new world order. It was just those two.

As for the club not fulfilling the ST contract, frankly, it’s the last thing I would choose to give any time to at the moment (or any other moment tbh).