The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

So given that it’s looking increasingly unlikely that there will be games with supporters in stadia this side of Xmas, the possibility arises that the club may need support from the fan base later this year.

Given the shenanigans of the last few years and the past year in particular, it’d be easy to say GTF, but if it’s our clubs survival that is at stake I think we may need to look beyond and get involved.

I’m of the view that the club could ask for a part payment of season tickets, say 50%, to tide it over for a while.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts on the matter?

Are we all understandably disillusioned or are we willing to think past our concerns?

Cue the abuse.....emoji2.png

We should be paying the full whack and encouraging the forces of darkness to lift house arrest.

You are just so negative.

Too much sitting around doing nothing.

We should be paying the full whack and encouraging the forces of darkness to lift house arrest.
You are just so negative.
Too much sitting around doing nothing.

Ehm, I’m fully occupied with successful work at the moment.
I think I was actually suggesting contributing?
Looks like the stick you are getting is getting to you.
What are you doing whilst your businesses are in lockdown?...

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ehm, I’m fully occupied with successful work at the moment.
I think I was actually suggesting contributing?
Looks like the stick you are getting is getting to you.
What are you doing whilst your businesses are in lockdown?...

Not getting to me at all.

Ive been getting the garden up to scratch.

pleased to hear you’re busy. I apologise.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

So given that it’s looking increasingly unlikely that there will be games with supporters in stadia this side of Xmas, the possibility arises that the club may need support from the fan base later this year.

Given the shenanigans of the last few years and the past year in particular, it’d be easy to say GTF, but if it’s our clubs survival that is at stake I think we may need to look beyond and get involved.

I’m of the view that the club could ask for a part payment of season tickets, say 50%, to tide it over for a while.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts on the matter?

Are we all understandably disillusioned or are we willing to think past our concerns?

Cue the abuse.....emoji2.png

Let me think about that.

The extremely wealthy multi-millionaire owners of the club who have treated the fans with complete contempt for years, (removing Saltires from laddies, calling fans racist, appointing incompetent arseholes, driving investors away from the club), now want us to put our hands in our pockets to help them out?

ummm

Let me think about that.

The extremely wealthy multi-millionaire owners of the club who have treated the fans with complete contempt for years, (removing Saltires from laddies, calling fans racist, appointing incompetent arseholes, driving investors away from the club), now want us to put our hands in our pockets to help them out?

ummm

The words I would use is downright incompetent and uncommunicative although hopefully Gary Deans can bridge that gap in time.
Whilst I get all of the concerns, I’d rather have them than some corrupt charlatan that we see at too many clubs nowadays, and one of which was allegedly about to take to the helm at Falkirk.
If those owners decide not to invest further in soft loans we are in a tricky situation.
I get that we are all extremely pissed off with the events of recent, but my primary concern is the survival of our club, irrespective of our owners.

Season ticket to include access to an upgraded FTV, and obviously then games whenever/if they become available. 

There is a real threat to the game with this virus. I’m not against outing my hand in my pocket to help the club but only once the current board do the same or acknowledge their time is up ! Their call

There is a real threat to the game with this virus. I’m not against outing my hand in my pocket to help the club but only once the current board do the same or acknowledge their time is up ! Their call

This is probably the view of many however their will be others who would pony up no matter.

14 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yep ! I would put my money in to watch web coverage of a game as would a good % of the support. But how could the safety of the players , background staff , stadium employees be secured. Two groups of people coming in close contact expelling body fluids during the game its a disaster just waiting to happen. All it would take was one player to be infected and it being missed in the checks. 

Nice idea but not going to happen.

All players , background staff and a skeleton staff of stadium employees would be tested before going into isolation for the "festival of football" - therefore vastly reducing their chances of catching the virus.

Players would be tested again before the match just in case,  before any physical contact during the game.

Play the game then back into isolation. Not a million miles from what you'd expect during a World Cup.

This is how the NRL & AFL are going to do it in Australia , and I'd expect the EPL to make it happen.   

I wonder what will happen with season tickets?? 
Hopefully the club manage to come up with some sort of package that each ticket gets access to live games online home and away. Maybe offer a small refund per game that's played behind closed doors until we can get back to games. 

How's about a refund for THIS season?
They've broken contract & still hold 4 games worth of ST money.

15 minutes ago, kiddy said:

You must be joking.

You want to bankrupt the club for something they had no control over?

However, looking ahead, now is the time when we the fans and small shareholders have the maximum leverage to obtain the change we want.

Guest Ecosse83
46 minutes ago, kiddy said:

If everyone wants money back for this season we might as well just give up now, the club will go bust!

You must be joking.
You want to bankrupt the club for something they had no control over?
However, looking ahead, now is the time when we the fans and small shareholders have the maximum leverage to obtain the change we want.

Were you around when the liquidators were moving in? BtB thought they had "leverage" back then
They're a business, just like any other &, unless you own shares, you're just a customer.
They've not fulfilled their side of the contract (18 games) & have made no mention on how they intend addressing the situation.
Ultimately, it might come down to a section 75 claim (Consumer Credit Act 1974).