The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

“Let’s Make Falkirk Great Again.....”

Just don't, you just know that's the next one the marketing team will come out with cant wait to see that plastered round Falkirk "Lets Make Falkirk Great Again"  though MFGA just hasnt got the MAGA ring about it.

Edited by AL-FFC

16 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Just don't, you just know that's the next one the marketing team will come out with cant wait to see that plastered round Falkirk "Lets Make Falkirk Great Again"  though MFGA just hasnt got the MAGA ring about it.

Fecks sake' let's make falkirk mediocre again'would be a start.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

See if we end up with behind closed doors football, I will more than happily stump up a tenner for FTV to watch the games and keep the club solvent.

But they fucking better invest in some better internet, and some support for the guys doing it.

They get slagged a lot on here but if they are all we have to watch football and put money in, they deserve much better support from the club.

I'd pay to watch too, no problem. It wouldn't work though because it would encourage folk to congregate together and the arseholes would see it as a chance of a piss up with their mates.

I'd pay to watch too, no problem. It wouldn't work though because it would encourage folk to congregate together and the arseholes would see it as a chance of a piss up with their mates.
By that time though, I wouldnt expect social distancing and the lockdown to be still going in it's current state. I am talking August here, but equally theres no way there will be crowds at football then.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Yep ! I would put my money in to watch web coverage of a game as would a good % of the support. But how could the safety of the players , background staff , stadium employees be secured. Two groups of people coming in close contact expelling body fluids during the game its a disaster just waiting to happen. All it would take was one player to be infected and it being missed in the checks. 

Nice idea but not going to happen.

Guest Ecosse83

I wonder what will happen with season tickets?? 

Hopefully the club manage to come up with some sort of package that each ticket gets access to live games online home and away. Maybe offer a small refund per game that's played behind closed doors until we can get back to games. 

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you really Ann Budge in disguise?.....

Pondering exactly how one would go about disguising Ann Budge? Maybe a giant mascot costume, or some sort of sexy Halloween costume?

Pondering exactly how one would go about disguising Ann Budge? Maybe a giant mascot costume, or some sort of sexy Halloween costume?

Would it be terribly cruel if I suggested that she could a good model for a Halloween costume but I’m not too sure about the ‘sexy’bit? ....

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Would it be terribly cruel if I suggested that she could a good model for a Halloween costume but I’m not too sure about the ‘sexy’bit? ....

It’s a wide, wide world with lots of people who like different things...but the Bride of Chucky comes to mind...

So given that it’s looking increasingly unlikely that there will be games with supporters in stadia this side of Xmas, the possibility arises that the club may need support from the fan base later this year.

Given the shenanigans of the last few years and the past year in particular, it’d be easy to say GTF, but if it’s our clubs survival that is at stake I think we may need to look beyond and get involved.

I’m of the view that the club could ask for a part payment of season tickets, say 50%, to tide it over for a while.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts on the matter?

Are we all understandably disillusioned or are we willing to think past our concerns?

Cue the abuse.....[emoji2]

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So given that it’s looking increasingly unlikely that there will be games with supporters in stadia this side of Xmas, the possibility arises that the club may need support from the fan base later this year.

Given the shenanigans of the last few years and the past year in particular, it’d be easy to say GTF, but if it’s our clubs survival that is at stake I think we may need to look beyond and get involved.

I’m of the view that the club could ask for a part payment of season tickets, say 50%, to tide it over for a while.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts on the matter?

Are we all understandably disillusioned or are we willing to think past our concerns?

Cue the abuse.....emoji2.png

Season ticket to include access to an upgraded FTV, and obviously then games whenever/if they become available. 

Need the rules on games being shown live changed to allow us to watch closed doors games but wasn't this ruled out the other day by scot gov as they reckon showing behind closed doors games would encourage people to watch games in groups. I'd buy ffc tv to watch live games until we're allowed back into the stadium. 

Season ticket to include access to an upgraded FTV, and obviously then games whenever/if they become available. 

The club could also offer season ticket holders the chance to bring non season ticket buying family members along to games for, say £5 once we are able to attend, should that be part way into the season?