The Falkirk FC Thread

Every club has total zoomers , when it come to Falkirk they all live on the COYB Facebook Page.
Do not pay any credence to it.
Christ if they had their way on that page Mark Campbell would be in charge and we'd already be bust by now.
A total car crash.   

It’s such a shame we have such dickheads at our club. These idiots bring our club down on a regular basis....

When the football and reality TV don't work out for oor Dennon I think he has a career ahead of him in rocket science or brain surgery.
I've watched that about 4 times and can feel my brain cells melting away.

Always thought Dennon Lewis was a w****r.
I’d like to thank him for confirming my suspicions.
He’s a total failure in life.......

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Always thought Dennon Lewis was a w****r.
I’d like to thank him for confirming my suspicions.
He’s a total failure in life.......

The guys a complete fuckwit. He lasted about two mins on love island. Just wish he'd only lasted that length of time with us.

Sorry if this has been brought up previously but I went back a page or two.

I saw Gary Dean saying he would be 'livid' if the SPFL started playing again but behind closed doors and this got me thinking...

The lower leagues called the champions and relegation teams but I don't recall Celtic being crowned or Hearts being relegated, I thought this was the point of this supposed vote (please correct me if I'm wrong). Add in that the lock down could last another 2 or 3 weeks, taking us to around the 1st or 7th of May when restrictions could be lifted or started to be relaxed. Is it not suspicious that Ann Budge said there is only 3 weeks to get this issue sorted?

Could it be that the reconstruction task force is predestined to fail and the SPFL to get out of their mess, would play their remaining games behind closed doors! This certainly will benefit certain teams such as Celtic who'll win the league legitimately, Rangers who won't be able to say what if and Hearts who will probably dodge relegation.

Thoughts? 

5 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I saw Gary Dean saying he would be 'livid' if the SPFL started playing again but behind closed doors and this got me thinking...

The lower leagues called the champions and relegation teams but I don't recall Celtic being crowned or Hearts being relegated, I thought this was the point of this supposed vote (please correct me if I'm wrong). Add in that the lock down could last another 2 or 3 weeks, taking us to around the 1st or 7th of May when restrictions could be lifted or started to be relaxed. Is it not suspicious that Ann Budge said there is only 3 weeks to get this issue sorted?

Could it be that the reconstruction task force is predestined to fail and the SPFL to get out of their mess, would play their remaining games behind closed doors! This certainly will benefit certain teams such as Celtic who'll win the league legitimately, Rangers who won't be able to say what if and Hearts who will probably dodge relegation.

Thoughts? 

That's exactly what could happen. No decision on the top flight till later.

Thoughts? 

No chance that games will be played behind closed doors in May. June also very very unlikely....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

No chance that games will be played behind closed doors in May. June also very very unlikely....

Don't think they could stream them either due to the risk of thousands of idiots getting together in each other's houses to watch!

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Obviously the whole 'need a pre-season to get players back up and running' argument could be had but if the EPL are looking at June and July football, surely the SPL could choose that as well.

I can just see Ann Budge coming out with 'no league reconstruction feasible' and the league being played behind closed doors to keep the legal arguments wolfs from the door.

17 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Players,management,officials etc arent immune from this virus, along with football being a contact sport dont  see how you can implement social distancing .On that basis dont see how football can be played behind closed doors

Then I don't see any football being played until a vaccine is ready.

Then I don't see any football being played until a vaccine is ready.

I think there is a fact that the general populous haven’t picked up on yet and when they do all hell may break loose.
The strategy was to get the numbers down to a level that could be managed within the NHS availability, but without a vaccine they will still have to manage this over a long period of time with regular lockdowns to meet bed demand...a bit like turning on and off a tap.
Of course if they procure lots of ventilators and open up facilities like they have down at the SECC the need to turn off that tap reduces, but it still means there is a high likelihood that social distancing will be necessary for a long long time until the majority of the population have gained immunity.
What that means for all sports for months, maybe years, to come, goodness knows.....

Pretty sure i read yesterday Fraser Wishart saying the SPFA are open to playing games behind closed doors but they need to be able to guarantee the health and safety of the players i.e. everyone being involved being screened for Covid. Now if the english leagues from premeiership down to League 2 can complete their fixtures then as GD has mentioned the SPFL has jumped the gun with declaring the leagues over.

Noticed the SPFL holding an inquiry into the voting farce but its an internal one, there is a good bit in the interviews with GD and the Dons chairmen thats a bit of an eye opener the fact Aberdeen were phoned 25 mins before the vote closed they didnt need them to vote they got the answer they wanted.