The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

There will be plenty teams courting McManus, very shocked if we weren't one. 

Dunfermline have more money than us? Interesting? I've heard Dunfermline are struggling and the guys that bankroll the club are REALLY struggling, could be all bullshit of course.

8 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Dunfermline have more money than us? Interesting? 

It's almost like, having bigger crowds, and more prize money gives us more money, shocking. 

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

No bullshit, they’ve been struggling since last seasons season ticket uptake / fan schemes. Quite a few disgruntled fans not happy with the restructuring of season ticket costs, add on that they pay by far the most expensive wage bill. Paton was offered two premier clubs, but signed for them, tells its own.

We were on course to break even/post a profit for this season, think we're doing alright tbh. 

On 16/04/2020 at 18:45, Bairn in Exile said:

I had an early night and have just woken up to the news that Partick Thistle have been unable to find the resolve to follow through on their threat of legal action against the SPFL. I am disappointed. It is what it is.

While I appreciate that every club voted in their best interests it doesn't hide that fact that their vote of 'yes' has negatively impacted on the club that I love and have supported for some 50 years.My auld man had a saying when it came to politics but I think that it also so applies to our current situation - "if you're no' fur us then you're agin us".

Why should our fans continue to line the coffers of clubs who actively voted to hurt us? Why should we take 1,500 fans up to Clyde twice a season, basically putting GBP50 - 60k into their bank account to sign players and to help them beat us 3 times this season like their fans love to boast about? The same goes for Airdrie, Peterhead, Montrose, Dumbarton and Forfar. Especially Forfar.

I would ask every Falkirk fan to think long and hard before they visit any of these clubs next season if, and I think that league reconstruction will fail, we are in the same league as them next season. Keep you money for the Bairns.

Now, I know the fun that an "away day" has to offer, I have been on many of them over the years. Obviously we will still be able to support the team on our travels to Firhill and New Bayview next season. However, if you really crave more of an away day "fix", and provided it doesn't clash with a home Falkirk FC fixture, why not go along and support, Hearts, Stranraer or Edinburgh City? Brothers in Arms and all that.

Actions have consequences, hopefully,  and I hope that sufficient of you view this as I do and will stop travelling to certain away games.

COYB.

Late to the party, but what an absolute embarrassment of a post.

The only disappointing bit is that most Falkirk fans aren't supporting it at all.

Tell me, at what point in your five decades did your view of going to a match mutate from you paying money to watch two teams compete, while obviously hoping one would win; to seeing it all in terms of making a financial contribution to a particular team?

Laughable shite from someone who must be old enough to know better.

On 17/04/2020 at 10:28, Bantabairn said:

Agree we are in unprecedented times with this horrendous virus which has taken many of our love ones and many thousands more fighting for their very existence.

With regards to our football, I agree that if we were top of the division and the SPFL enforced a yes vote, I would expect us to vote yes. Call it self interest or whatever. My point is that we have now confirmed champions and relegated teams without seeing out our full fixtures, and as said  immoral shambolic and against our constitution.

This season should have been called null & void if we can’t finish the fixtures, or postponed until it could restart. and play out the final quarter.
How can you award league winners and relegate teams 3/4 through season ?

Boycott games ? Even with our recent season in division one, we’ve carried decent large away supports regardless of who we’ve been playing, Maybe we’ll be more cautious who's pocket we line.

Another one!

Complete walloper.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

With mcmanus obviously a lot may depend on what league we end up in and if we do get up you've also got to take into consideration his dreadful scoring record above league one. 

Like a lot of players he is out of contract at the end of the season. No club will be signing anybody until there is certainty.

Many will leave the game to earn a coin elsewhere and that goes for Youth and Academy players as well. Those that do get signed will need time to get back to fitness and match sharp.  No football, team training for 4-5 month many will be a shadow of the standard they had before the shutdown.

Anybody that has had a long layoff at whatever standard you played. Will have experienced being off the pace, losing your touch, awareness that all takes time to come back and even then its just not the same for many.

One thing is for certain - every team will have a new look.

No bullshit, they’ve been struggling since last seasons season ticket uptake / fan schemes. Quite a few disgruntled fans not happy with the restructuring of season ticket costs, add on that they pay by far the most expensive wage bill. Paton was offered two premier clubs, but signed for them, tells its own.

What restructuring would this be? Yes, the prices went up but they were brought in line with most other clubs in the division and were still lower than both Dundee clubs. There were a few grumbles from people in their 60s when we raised OAP prices from over 60 to over 65 but they were very much the minority.

As for the most expensive wage bill... wow. Given we had said at the start of the season that we'd have to reduce the wage bill, that we let a lot of experienced players leave in the summer while bringing in mostly young and untried players and that Dundee Utd pay vastly more than anyone in the division, Dundee pay vastly more than anyone in the division other than Dundee Utd and Partick (laughably) have a very competitive wage bill, it's fair to say that's a pile of pish. As for Paton, I have no idea if he had offers from other clubs but he may have been told he'd be the captain and play every week with us, while he would be sitting on the bench every week at another club. Who knows. It certainly doesn't "tell it's own".

9 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Dunfermline have more money than us? Interesting? I've heard Dunfermline are struggling and the guys that bankroll the club are REALLY struggling, could be all bullshit of course.

Of course it's bullshit, as you've just made it up.

5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

More nonsense, no matter how desperate you are for it to be true.

We have/had the 5th highest wage budget in the Championship this season. 

No Premiership teams were in for Paton.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Getting a bit desperate lads...

221ba4f4-6de2-4753-9b2d-92ea916033b3.jpge25b3fe2-a3d1-4494-a951-8b351d29dbec.jpg091d7b52-866b-401d-a873-f04ad24d9b69.jpg

Every club has total zoomers , when it come to Falkirk they all live on the COYB Facebook Page.

Do not pay any credence to it.

Christ if they had their way on that page Mark Campbell would be in charge and we'd already be bust by now.

A total car crash.   

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

When the football and reality TV don't work out for oor Dennon I think he has a career ahead of him in rocket science or brain surgery.

I've watched that about 4 times and can feel my brain cells melting away.

It would have been nice to see that level of aggression on the field of play.

Especially when the ball came to him inside the 6 yard box for a tap in but he elected to usher it out of play.

An absolute sham of a footballer and Hartley's worst signing (which is really saying something).

9 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Every club has total zoomers , when it come to Falkirk they all live on the COYB Facebook Page.

Do not pay any credence to it.

Christ if they had their way on that page Mark Campbell would be in charge and we'd already be bust by now.

A total car crash.   

You are right HVH, what an absolute car crash, really cringeworthy. 

Talk about clutching at straws,wallopers!!