The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, kerly said:

All this talk of boycott for me is pish we all go to football home or away for our entertainment if this vote angers people so much they lose that I suggest they stop going altogether or they will just turn themselves into sevco types 

Entertainment? Theres been hee haw of that in league one.  I'd boycott forfar just to say feck you to their chairman for telling everyone that they were voting yes to have falkirk and thistle in the same league as them.  Otherwise no.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Entertainment? Theres been hee haw of that in league one.  I'd boycott forfar just to say feck you to their chairman for telling everyone that they were voting yes to have falkirk and thistle in the same league as them.  Otherwise no.

The only entertainment has been how utterly unprofessional this whole saga has been handled by fucking just about everyone involved.  Just when you think Scottish football can't be any more shambolic something always comes up to surprise you. Scottish footballs problems, all of them, are entirely self made

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

22 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

My point is that we have now confirmed champions and relegated teams without seeing out our full fixtures, and as said  immoral shambolic and against our constitution.

This season should have been called null & void if we can’t finish the fixtures.

Two proposals which would leave Falkirk in the exact same position, of playing in League One whenever the 20/21 season can begin. So why is one a moral outrage in which clubs have voted to hurt Falkirk and should be boycotted for inflicting that injustice on you, while the other is absolutely fine and the only acceptable outcome?

Obviously finishing the season would be the preferred outcome for everyone, but it isn't possible and like everyone else you know this. So you have a choice between calling it as it stands based on the three quarters of the season which have been played, or scrapping it all.

It's obviously desperately unlucky for any club to be a point off the top or survival at the point the season is called early and miss out that way, but null and void would see you miss out too and have just as many clubs hard done by as calling it early. This way we still have some kind of judgement made on merit of performances so far, rather than denying promotions to everyone and bailing out teams heading for relegations. As you say yourself it's an entirely unprecedented situation that needs an unprecedented solution, so why is that solution such an outrage?

The choice between null and void or calling it early isn't a choice between fucking Falkirk over or being fair to Falkirk - it's a choice between Partick losing out with Raith getting lucky or Raith losing out with Partick getting lucky. The impact on Falkirk is the exact same in either scenario.

37 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Two proposals which would leave Falkirk in the exact same position, of playing in League One whenever the 20/21 season can begin. So why is one a moral outrage in which clubs have voted to hurt Falkirk and should be boycotted for inflicting that injustice on you, while the other is absolutely fine and the only acceptable outcome?

Obviously finishing the season would be the preferred outcome for everyone, but it isn't possible and like everyone else you know this. So you have a choice between calling it as it stands based on the three quarters of the season which have been played, or scrapping it all.

It's obviously desperately unlucky for any club to be a point off the top or survival at the point the season is called early and miss out that way, but null and void would see you miss out too and have just as many clubs hard done by as calling it early. This way we still have some kind of judgement made on merit of performances so far, rather than denying promotions to everyone and bailing out teams heading for relegations. As you say yourself it's an entirely unprecedented situation that needs an unprecedented solution, so why is that solution such an outrage?

The choice between null and void or calling it early isn't a choice between fucking Falkirk over or being fair to Falkirk - it's a choice between Partick losing out with Raith getting lucky or Raith losing out with Partick getting lucky. The impact on Falkirk is the exact same in either scenario.

Would've been far better if there had been strict rules in place for what actually happens when a season is ended before completion.  I mean is there any plans to put this into the rules and regs constitution or if the same thing happens in a future season do we have to go through this same shambles all over again. Nothing surprises me about the spfl mind you.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would've been far better if there had been strict rules in place for what actually happens when a season is ended before completion.  I mean is there any plans to put this into the rules and regs constitution or if the same thing happens in a future season do we have to go through this same shambles all over again. Nothing surprises me about the spfl mind you.

Yes.

It's a shambles that the SPFL, and seemingly every other footballing association on the planet, dont have rules in place for when a worldwide pandemic rules out sporting events for 6 months.

They're useless.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes.

It's a shambles that the SPFL, and seemingly every other footballing association on the planet, dont have rules in place for when a worldwide pandemic rules out sporting events for 6 months.

They're useless.

Why the specifics of a pandemic?Could be all number of reasons why a season cant be finished including wars etc which have happened before. Shouldnt need  too much foresight to put something in your rules to say if the season cannot be completed then .......... . And  If some teams have taken out insurance to cover you for this sort of thing you would think the governing body could  have something covering it in their rules.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why the specifics of a pandemic?Could be all number of reasons why a season cant be finished including wars etc which have happened before. Shouldnt need  too much foresight to put something in your rules to say if the season cannot be completed then .......... . And  If some teams have taken out insurance to cover you for this sort of thing you would think the governing body could  have something covering it in their rules.

Your desperation to have a wee rage at everyone/anyone is reaching new levels here, m8.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your desperation to have a wee rage at everyone/anyone is reaching new levels here, m8.

Rage what rage. I was just replying saying it wouldve saved a lot of grief and asking whether they are putting in something for future seasons? Noone seems to know though. As I said I was quite happy for raith to go up along .  Nothing wrong with saying that surely the whole thing could be handled a lot better.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I see Gary Deans is on the reconstruction committee along with another 12. Nearly a third of the league clubs [emoji15]

So, is the old proverb that “a camel is a horse designed by a committee” about to be proven yet again?

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rage what rage. I was just replying saying it wouldve saved a lot of grief and asking whether they are putting in something for future seasons? Noone seems to know though. As I said I was quite happy for raith to go up along .  Nothing wrong with saying that surely the whole thing could be handled a lot better.

Considering neither FIFA or UEFA also have any planning for this, you having a wee seethe at the useless SPFL not having any fallback is a bit daft.

I daresay they will have plans from now on in the rules.

But that will take planning and a vote.

So getting yourself worked up that you, a bog standard fan of a bog standard 3rd tier side, havent heard about these plans yet, is also a bit daft.

But carry on, interested who's next in the "Shadwell blames the world for everything bad that happens to Falkirk" saga.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Might not have liked it but it would have been fair.

Every year you hear the same thing, the league is a marathon not a sprint.

If terrorists blew up Tower bridge during the London Marathon and they stopped the race, would they give the medals and prize money to the man, women and wheelchair competitors  that were leading at the time?

5 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Might not have liked it but it would have been fair.

Every year you hear the same thing, the league is a marathon not a sprint.

If terrorists blew up Tower bridge during the London Marathon and they stopped the race, would they give the medals and prize money to the man, women and wheelchair competitors  that were leading at the time?

Or like if a World Cup Semi Final gets postponed due to rain, and they decide to just put the through the Nation that topped their Group rather than replay the match at a later date?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/womens-t20-world-cup-england-vs-india-abandoned-knocked-out-rain-final-a9376641.html

But of course. Theres no such precedent in sport for such unfairness, and frankly all this has been concocted in the mind of the SPFL to annoy Falkirk fans.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considering neither FIFA or UEFA also have any planning for this, you having a wee seethe at the useless SPFL not having any fallback is a bit daft.

I daresay they will have plans from now on in the rules.

But that will take planning and a vote.

So getting yourself worked up that you, a bog standard fan of a bog standard 3rd tier side, havent heard about these plans yet, is also a bit daft.

But carry on, interested who's next in the "Shadwell blames the world for everything bad that happens to Falkirk" saga.

Why is it on here that anyone that disagrees with certain folk or just  enjoys debating football is automatically seething or raging or  having a melt down or teary eyed.  Seems to be the standard come back for folk on here.🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Or like if a World Cup Semi Final gets postponed due to rain, and they decide to just put the through the Nation that topped their Group rather than replay the match at a later date?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/womens-t20-world-cup-england-vs-india-abandoned-knocked-out-rain-final-a9376641.html

But of course. Theres no such precedent in sport for such unfairness, and frankly all this has been concocted in the mind of the SPFL to annoy Falkirk fans.

Christ  next you'll be wanting games that are abandoned decided by number of corners or shots . Crickets rules at world cups have always been a complete farce as are rugby but at least they are set in stone before the thing takes place and not made up 3/4 of the way through.

Edited by Shadwell Dog