The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Let’s not fool around here, Budge has been given the worse possible ask in over 20 years of this self righteous set up.

She wont have been asked, she'll have forced herself into the position so she can benefit Hearts, and herself.

She came in, used Hearts fans money to build a stand (and pay her brother to build it, well over the amount other contractors wanted), used Hearts fans money to spend a fortune getting out the Championship, and then presented herself as the saviour of Hearts. She took a plaque off their old Main Stand, and made certain when it went on the new stand her name was above it in larger font. 

But aye, this woman who's completely self absorbed, and who said she would happily see the bottom two divisions cut adrift from the SPFL, is out to save the small clubs who have suffered. You're lucky shes "on your side", and she absolutely, definitely, wont use reconstruction to try and shaft the lower tier sides she regularly admits are a financial drain to top flight sides.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

She wont have been asked, she'll have forced herself into the position so she can benefit Hearts, and herself.

She came in, used Hearts fans money to build a stand (and pay her brother to build it, well over the amount other contractors wanted), used Hearts fans money to spend a fortune getting out the Championship, and then presented herself as the saviour of Hearts. She took a plaque off their old Main Stand, and made certain when it went on the new stand her name was above it in larger font. 

But aye, this woman who's completely self absorbed, and who said she would happily see the bottom two divisions cut adrift from the SPFL, is out to save the small clubs who have suffered. You're lucky shes "on your side", and she absolutely, definitely, wont use reconstruction to try and shaft the lower tier sides she regularly admits are a financial drain to top flight sides.

If they hadn't put her on the task force though you would simply get folk saying well it's two chairman of top flight clubs that are totally uninterested in reconstruction so it'll never go anywhere. I would have thought a championship chairman like dunfermline wouldve been a better option but as usual it's two top flight.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If they hadn't put her on the task force though you would simply get folk saying well it's two chairman of top flight clubs that are totally uninterested in reconstruction so it'll never go anywhere. I would have thought a championship chairman like dunfermline wouldve been a better option but as usual it's two top flight.

Ask Dundee why it's two top flight clubs in charge.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You couldn't make this stuff up. Amazing behaviour if true.  She was quoted previously as saying something about the "best thing for the game was to half the number of clubs" wasn't she?  

1 minute ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

You couldn't make this stuff up. Amazing behaviour if true.  She was quoted previously as saying something about the "best thing for the game was to half the number of clubs" wasn't she?  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758

That's who Dundee "aligned" themselves with to force in reconstruction talks.

Shes already admitted she only wants temporary reconstruction aswell.

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

However to call promotion and relegation with a quarter of a season to play is immoral and constitutionally wrong. 

In another season, absolutely.

In a season where a worldwide pandemic shuts down the planet, and forces all sport to stop for at least 5 months, and the season only has 3 months to go? 

Every single club, including your own, vote for what's best for them in every single vote like this. Always have, and frankly it's a competitive sport so they always will. The only reason Falkirk are opposing it is because they dont benefit.

If you were 1pt clear at the top of the Championship, and this got you promoted, would you expect your club to vote no because Forfar were only 1pt behind Arbroath at the top of League One? 

You know they wouldnt oppose it, so all this talk about boycotts etc., is just proper toys out the pram stuff entirely because your club has been too poor to take advantage of the situation.

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

With regards to our football, I agree that if we were top of the division and the SPFL enforced a yes vote, I would expect us to vote yes.

There we go. 

And now try and understand why a vote that sees the majority of clubs either promoted, or retained in the same division, passed, and why its moronic to blame these clubs for voting for this.

Lawrence Shankland has a release clause in his contract if United didnt get promoted this season, if you void the season, what happens with that? Legally, voiding the season is an absolute minefield, and one that UEFA opposed entirely.

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree we are in unprecedented times with this horrendous virus which has taken many of our love ones and many thousands more fighting for their very existence.

With regards to our football, I agree that if we were top of the division and the SPFL enforced a yes vote, I would expect us to vote yes. Call it self interest or whatever. My point is that we have now confirmed champions and relegated teams without seeing out our full fixtures, and as said  immoral shambolic and against our constitution.

This season should have been called null & void if we can’t finish the fixtures, or postponed until it could restart. and play out the final quarter.
How can you award league winners and relegate teams 3/4 through season ?

Boycott games ? Even with our recent season in division one, we’ve carried decent large away supports regardless of who we’ve been playing, Maybe we’ll be more cautious who's pocket we line.

Any course of action FFC fans take has to wait until we see what is left of Scottish Football. Far to many unknowns to talk of boycotts and certain teams that have our favour or  dis favour.

How many teams will be left ? What will be the league structure ? How many pro footballers registered  with the SFA ? Players on contracts will not be the same after a lay off of this length. For example some near the end of their career eg Gomis might just call it a day.

So posting about courses of action and doing this or that is just pointless.

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Why are you worrying about your rivals striker ? 
Contracts are worthless when the next pound rears it’s head 

Im trying to explain why voiding the season wasnt an option.

34 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

All games across the Championship, League One and League Two will be broadcast live on television or online after the English Football League confirmed football will resume behind closed doors.

SPORTING INTEGRITY 

You need to learn to read. This is what the head of the EFL said...

Our position at the moment is we want to finish the season on the pitch, and sporting integrity is of paramount importance. That is a line we are sticking to for as long as we humanly can.

Is it conceivable that there could be different solutions for different leagues? Frankly, anything is possible or conceivable and it would be daft to rule anything out because if this becomes increasingly serious and the financial situation becomes increasingly perilous then that is a fact of life we'll have to deal with.

For the next few weeks the focus is on finishing on the pitch and getting back to something approaching normality. But it's under review all the time and we will respond as we have to.

17 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I had an early night and have just woken up to the news that Partick Thistle have been unable to find the resolve to follow through on their threat of legal action against the SPFL. I am disappointed. It is what it is.

While I appreciate that every club voted in their best interests it doesn't hide that fact that their vote of 'yes' has negatively impacted on the club that I love and have supported for some 50 years.My auld man had a saying when it came to politics but I think that it also so applies to our current situation - "if you're no' fur us then you're agin us".

Why should our fans continue to line the coffers of clubs who actively voted to hurt us? Why should we take 1,500 fans up to Clyde twice a season, basically putting GBP50 - 60k into their bank account to sign players and to help them beat us 3 times this season like their fans love to boast about? The same goes for Airdrie, Peterhead, Montrose, Dumbarton and Forfar. Especially Forfar.

I would ask every Falkirk fan to think long and hard before they visit any of these clubs next season if, and I think that league reconstruction will fail, we are in the same league as them next season. Keep you money for the Bairns.

Now, I know the fun that an "away day" has to offer, I have been on many of them over the years. Obviously we will still be able to support the team on our travels to Firhill and New Bayview next season. However, if you really crave more of an away day "fix", and provided it doesn't clash with a home Falkirk FC fixture, why not go along and support, Hearts, Stranraer or Edinburgh City? Brothers in Arms and all that.

Actions have consequences, hopefully,  and I hope that sufficient of you view this as I do and will stop travelling to certain away games.

COYB.

😂😂 What a state to get yourself in 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

In another season, absolutely.

In a season where a worldwide pandemic shuts down the planet, and forces all sport to stop for at least 5 months, and the season only has 3 months to go? 

Every single club, including your own, vote for what's best for them in every single vote like this. Always have, and frankly it's a competitive sport so they always will. The only reason Falkirk are opposing it is because they dont benefit.

If you were 1pt clear at the top of the Championship, and this got you promoted, would you expect your club to vote no because Forfar were only 1pt behind Arbroath at the top of League One? 

You know they wouldnt oppose it, so all this talk about boycotts etc., is just proper toys out the pram stuff entirely because your club has been too poor to take advantage of the situation.

If you want toys out the pram, you should look elsewhere - this statement from Raith, for example; “Our position is clear: We want the 2019-20 season declared over, funds distributed and discussion about reconstruction to start very soon.
Any attempt to deem the 2019/20 season null and void and deny us being named as winners of League 1 and/or not promoted will be vigorously resisted”.

Now that is toys out the pram. Falkirk have been nothing but practical and pragmatic about this vote, given the horrendous situation this illness has brought about. To vehemently claim to be champions with that statement is very embarrasing and desperate and would really worry me as a Raith fan. They were absolutely correct to vote yes, as we would have done if we’d been top by a point. All talk of boycotts is nonsense. But can’t help but feel the point and laugh at Falkirk is extremely misguided given what’s going to happen to some clubs in the coming year or 2.

All this talk of boycott for me is pish we all go to football home or away for our entertainment if this vote angers people so much they lose that I suggest they stop going altogether or they will just turn themselves into sevco types