The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dixon and durnan were playing ok over the last few weeks.I'm no fan of buchanan and feel we looked better with him on the bench. A more attack minded right back would be useful. Midfield I'd try and punt telfer as he's mince. We need to get out of playing gomis and miller  together and get some legs and energy in there.  Hall may be worth persevering with and Connolly wasnt bad. Apart from mcmanus though I wouldnt really be sad if the rest never returned.

Normality is far away and 20-21 season is looking less likely as time goes by. Who we have signed will be 6 - 8 weeks away from being match ready and a good possibility they will be a shadow of who we last saw play. Most likely scenario apart from a few players as there will be some that are just not up to it with the lay off. The club will be rebuilding a team from scratch.

Hopefully we can make a better hash of it than the last 3 seasons !

16 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Seems to be our club that gets done over by these decisions. Not being promoted due to our stadium, not allowed to ground share etc etc. 
Every club has the right to vote how they wish, that’s democracy and I can accept that however the way this has filtered out with Dundee and their “mystery vote” for them to have us all by the balls, the whole thing should have been thrown out. 
I expected a better statement from us to be honest. Should have had a little bit of backbone IMO. 

Ive said it before. You have a short memory. The season before you were denied entry too the spl ,you should have been relegated  but for the demise of Airdrionians. Behave yourselves and take your medicine. This woe is me is embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, Ayr145 said:

Ive said it before. You have a short memory. The season before you were denied entry too the spl ,you should have been relegated  but for the demise of Airdrionians. Behave yourselves and take your medicine. This woe is me is embarrassing.

We've actually highlighted that bit numerous times as in amongst the times we have been shafted we got one bit of good luck

Even accounting for the players we currently have "signed" its anybody's guess what sort of side we see when this eventually gets going again. The longer this goes on, the more uncertainty hangs over the head of a lot of lads who, lets face it, could probably earn the same or better in a "normal" job. Would be no surprise to see a lot of well known lower league footballers rap it in totally. Football at our level is going to be changed massively.

The only thing that's certain is, it's not going to be pretty*

*With the obvious exception of Lee Miller.

21 minutes ago, Ayr145 said:

You have indeed said it before, and it was ignored for being blatantly incorrect before. Try again? Actually spare us.

11 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Shafted ? I think you better speak to Barry Smith aka goofball as he cost you the league. Budget through the roof and he still fluffed it!

^^^ Brain of Fife winner 2020.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You have indeed said it before, and it was ignored for being blatantly incorrect before. Try again? Actually spare us.

^^^ Brain of Fife winner 2020.

What bit is incorrect?

I had an early night and have just woken up to the news that Partick Thistle have been unable to find the resolve to follow through on their threat of legal action against the SPFL. I am disappointed. It is what it is.

While I appreciate that every club voted in their best interests it doesn't hide that fact that their vote of 'yes' has negatively impacted on the club that I love and have supported for some 50 years.My auld man had a saying when it came to politics but I think that it also so applies to our current situation - "if you're no' fur us then you're agin us".

Why should our fans continue to line the coffers of clubs who actively voted to hurt us? Why should we take 1,500 fans up to Clyde twice a season, basically putting GBP50 - 60k into their bank account to sign players and to help them beat us 3 times this season like their fans love to boast about? The same goes for Airdrie, Peterhead, Montrose, Dumbarton and Forfar. Especially Forfar.

I would ask every Falkirk fan to think long and hard before they visit any of these clubs next season if, and I think that league reconstruction will fail, we are in the same league as them next season. Keep you money for the Bairns.

Now, I know the fun that an "away day" has to offer, I have been on many of them over the years. Obviously we will still be able to support the team on our travels to Firhill and New Bayview next season. However, if you really crave more of an away day "fix", and provided it doesn't clash with a home Falkirk FC fixture, why not go along and support, Hearts, Stranraer or Edinburgh City? Brothers in Arms and all that.

Actions have consequences, hopefully,  and I hope that sufficient of you view this as I do and will stop travelling to certain away games.

COYB.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

I had an early night and have just woken up to the news that Partick Thistle have been unable to find the resolve to follow through on their threat of legal action against the SPFL. I am disappointed. It is what it is.
While I appreciate that every club voted in their best interests it doesn't hide that fact that their vote of 'yes' has negatively impacted on the club that I love and have supported for some 50 years.My auld man had a saying when it came to politics but I think that it also so applies to our current situation - "if you're no' fur us then you're agin us".
Why should our fans continue to line the coffers of clubs who actively voted to hurt us? Why should we take 1,500 fans up to Clyde twice a season, basically putting GBP50 - 60k into their bank account to sign players and to help them beat us 3 times this season like their fans love to boast about? The same goes for Airdrie, Peterhead, Montrose, Dumbarton and Forfar. Especially Forfar.
I would ask every Falkirk fan to think long and hard before they visit any of these clubs next season if, and I think that league reconstruction will fail, we are in the same league as them next season. Keep you money for the Bairns.
Now, I know the fun that an "away day" has to offer, I have been on many of them over the years. Obviously we will still be able to support the team on our travels to Firhill and New Bayview next season. However, if you really crave more of an away day "fix", and provided it doesn't clash with a home Falkirk FC fixture, why not go along and support, Hearts, Stranraer or Edinburgh City? Brothers in Arms and all that.
Actions have consequences, hopefully,  and I hope that sufficient of you view this as I do and will stop travelling to certain away games.
COYB.

Sorry to be blunt but this is a load of shite.
Clubs are on the precipice and the SPFL held them to ransom.
It’s not the clubs to blame it’s our woeful football authorities.
This just come across as sour grapes because the vote didn’t go our way....

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

COYB.

No-one voted to actively hurt Falkirk.  Each club were given a binary choice of two, almost equally shite options and choose the one that best suited them.  How can you blame them for that?

Your anger should not be with the SPFL members clubs, but more with the SPFL board who rushed into presenting this ludicrous vote with two seemingly inevitable choices without even a second glance towards anything that would actually benefit the whole of Scottish Football. 

I bear no ill will towards any other club in Scotland over this (well maybe a little for Dundee) - I'm slightly embarrassed for the likes of Ayr, Dundee, Montrose, Airdrie, Elgin and Cowdenbeath who have voluntarily given up their right to a promotion playoff with - it would appear - f*ck all recompense showing a true lack of belief in their own club, but thats as far as it goes.

Dont waste your hate and anger on those that barely deserve it, and dont let the SPFL deflect you away from their own severe incompetence and lack of integrity.

As for hinting towards Hearts or (shudder) the rangers as brothers in arms - oaft.

This is it for me as well. Gave up my season ticket this season in protest at the way the club was being run but Doncaster and his clownshow make Lex and co look competent. To be honest I haven't missed the football this season and I have found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon, this shitfest is the final nail for me.
Inject this into my veins.

COYB.

The state of this. Copy and paste job from the Sevco files 2012?

COYB.
What a pathetic post straight out the Sevco playbook.

Clubs didn't vote to actively hurt Falkirk they voted what was best for them. The likes of Edinburgh City or Stranraer didn't vote against it because they had the best interest of Falkirk at heart [emoji23]

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

COYB.

That's a holocaust of a post mate. Just so much wrong from one guy