The Falkirk FC Thread

It is all ifs buts and maybes, but I struggle to feel sympathy for ourselves after we’ve played airdrie, Clyde and Raith 9 or 10 times and won zero games. We’ve been shafted a bit by Doncaster but I would feel a bit grubby if the shower of imposters that make up 8 or 9 of our 11 went up (do feel sorry for Dec though, what a boy). If Raith compete in the champ with that same squad they’re going straight back doon anyway but aye, little sympathy for us here.

57 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Ach well, I've had some great fun watching Scottish fitba but if we get shafted again and don't get league reconstruction then It's Goodnight From Me. . . . .

Goodnight From Me and Goodnight From Him on Make a GIF

This is it for me as well. Gave up my season ticket this season in protest at the way the club was being run but Doncaster and his clownshow make Lex and co look competent. To be honest I haven't missed the football this season and I have found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon, this shitfest is the final nail for me.

33 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

If Raith compete in the champ with that same squad they’re going straight back doon anyway but aye, little sympathy for us here.

When has a promoted team ever went up and not signed a single player?

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Even a spine of that squad, as would ours. Who knows what things will look like mind you in months/next year, it’s an unprecedented time for player contracts 

Seems to be our club that gets done over by these decisions. Not being promoted due to our stadium, not allowed to ground share etc etc. 
Every club has the right to vote how they wish, that’s democracy and I can accept that however the way this has filtered out with Dundee and their “mystery vote” for them to have us all by the balls, the whole thing should have been thrown out. 
I expected a better statement from us to be honest. Should have had a little bit of backbone IMO. 

Again and again we are hearing no fans in stadiums until 2021 with the LA Mayor the latest to announce no sporting events until then.

There should be no gloating at this stage as the structure of Scottish football will look very different come next year. If you are a supporter of any club outside Celtic you should be very concerned.

Clubs screaming for cash right now will likely not exist come the winter.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11973696/several-efl-clubs-days-away-from-going-bust-amid-wage-dispute

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Even a spine of that squad, as would ours. Who knows what things will look like mind you in months/next year, it’s an unprecedented time for player contracts 

I don’t agree tbh. Our problem this season has been injuries, we’ve regularly not been able to fill the bench and missed our best players. Our 3 best players (S. Anderson, Hendry, Vaughan) played one game together which happened to be our best performance of the season. Anderson was rumoured to be signing full time next season and Vaughan will be fit when we resume. Dan Armstrong is another of our better players who was only fully fit from February.

If we get some luck with injuries our team will already look different to this season, add in 4/5 signings and we’ll definitely be competitive, that’s not to say we would definitely stay up. Agree it will be interesting to see what happens regarding contracts, teams may hold off till we know when the season will actually start but the furlough scheme should help with this assuming it is extended.

It certainly isn't the way I wanted to win the league or any raith fan for that matter but we will take it.Hopefully the discussions regarding league reconstruction are sorted quickly so there is no relegation and 2 teams go up from each league.So that would make 14 in the premiership with Dundee utd and Inverness going up and 10 in the championship with us and Falkirk going up with Stranraer avoiding relegation.Cove and Edinburgh City coming up with Brechin avoiding relegation and Kelty and Brora promoted.Regarding the spfl it is a shambles and run by idiots who couldn't organise a piss up in the proverbial so heads must roll for the way things have been organised over the last few days alone.I can understand why Falkirk fans and their club are upset but if you were in our position what would you do ?.Regarding our chairman some of the things he has been saying were probably correct as he was looking out for us but he surely could have went around it differently and worded things differently.Anyway stay safe everyone and see you in the championship [I hope]

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

Maybe you should have come to San Starko for a win rather than the draw. The team and fans celebrated like you’d won the league that night. That said I’d be happy to see you come up with us with the reconstruction that must be inevitable after the stance of Dundee . See you at Brockville next season.

Maybe we should have came to Starks with a totally different plan on the off chance that a totally unprecedented global crisis would lead to the premature end of the season followed by an SPFL clusterfuck leaving us where we are?

ETA I hope South Stand "GIT THE SUBS OAN" guy changes it to add "IN CASE THURS A NUCLEAR WAR!!!!!"

9 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Plus we played arbroath in the cup this year and beat them quite comfortably and their on the verge of the playoffs. Big thing for you will be finding a regilar goalscorer at that level I would think. Likes of baird wont be up to it.

48 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Posted and copied over :
A lot of conjecture from non Falkirk supporters on our season and next season. Not sure any Falkirk fan is actually interested or listening to anyone after the shambolic decisions of primarily Dundee then the SPFL. 
We are where we are but can I point out to every fan especially all those who have seen their teams either promoted or relegated maybe keep the champagne on ice.

Should Partick Thistle confirm their intentions to launch and register legal actions against the SPFL any monies ( yes the monies that the SPFL were crucial and paramount to many clubs existences) would be effectively frozen for weeks if not months during any on going court proceedings.

Sobering thoughts for all clubs, especially on the grounds that this vote was always about ensuring our fellows clubs existences would be saved.

Anyone who has taken the time to read the statements from Partick, you would be a fool not to believe that they will proceed with going legal.

Im assuming that the blazers in the sixth floor have considered the outcome of any such actions ? If Partick do register any such legal response to the SPFL will there be yet another deal done ? 

Crucial 48 hours ?

I'd love to actually know which clubs if any are going to go bust if this cash isn't handed out today.  Spfl still using that threat.

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Plus we played arbroath in the cup this year and beat them quite comfortably and their on the verge of the playoffs. Big thing for you will be finding a regilar goalscorer at that level I would think. Likes of baird wont be up to it.

Yeah I agree with this, we also were comfortable winners away to Partick Thistle in the cup and I think whoever didn’t win the league would have went up through the play offs. Falkirk were only a point from safety the previous season despite having a truly dreadful squad for the first half of the year. How does this seasons squad compare to the one which finished last season? There doesn’t look much between them on paper. 

A striker will definitely be our top priority with Bowie and McLean away and Baird only suitable as an impact sub at that level, assuming he won’t be going to Australia any time soon.

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah I agree with this, we also were comfortable winners away to Partick Thistle in the cup and I think whoever didn’t win the league would have went up through the play offs. Falkirk were only a point from safety the previous season despite having a truly dreadful squad for the first half of the year. How does this seasons squad compare to the one which finished last season? There doesn’t look much between them on paper. 

A striker will definitely be our top priority with Bowie and McLean away and Baird only suitable as an impact sub at that level, assuming he won’t be going to Australia any time soon.

I would imagine we could see Mclean again, he wont have a future at Hearts.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Baird will be back off to Australia as soon as their is an international flight for him go take.

22 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

With a competent manager we wouldve never have come down. Even with the players we had mckinnon continually set the team up wrong. Paton and osman as a midfield pairing that offered zero going forward was constantly his preferred option.  His striking choices were also ludicrous. He brought in a pile yet kept playing the worst striker we had whilst the wee irish boy far everton never got a look in even when fit. Our team this season is steady but lacks legs and energy. A couple of youngsters in the side and we would have done a lot better.

Agree that McKinnon made a complete arse of it last season. We beat Alloa away at the beginning of Feb to move up to 8th in the league and 1 point behind Dunfermline above us.  This was a remarkable achievement tbf considering the utter dross Hartley had filled our squad with and how doomed we had looked previously. We should have gone on from that result and had a fairly comfortable mid table finish. As others have said the style changed, we became negative, players were benched for no reason and we generally shat the bed. It's difficult to say what the result would be if the two teams played each other now, I reckon our team from last season would probably shade it. Saying that, I reckon both Raith and ourselves would be clear of danger in the championship with our current squads, which is based largely on how easily we've dealt with championship opposition in the cups 

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Spot on , take away McManus, Longridge & Millar I’m sure we’ve got most “ contractually “ signed for next season, however I would imagine that most contracts would have caveats on returning straight up, if we are keeping in this expect a fair number of players leaving. Tbh I would expect all clubs to be running with numbers never experienced before ( low numbers)

Miller has an option of an extra year.