The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

LET’S ALL LAUGH AT FALKIRK

The conduct of Celtic,Cove and Dufc has shown we are all laughing at Raith with their pleading statements. I haven't seen same desperate suggestions towards the challenge cup from Raith.

In any case if this definitely is the end, the winners of each league will have * in the record books if not complete and there has been no statement if promotion or relegation will take place also.

As it stands 3 clubs have won an incomplete league and nothing else.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The conduct of Celtic,Cove and Dufc has shown we are all laughing at Raith with their pleading statements. I haven't seen same desperate suggestions towards the challenge cup from Raith.

In any case if this definitely is the end, the winners of each league will have * in the record books if not complete and there has been no statement if promotion or relegation will take place also.

As it stands 3 clubs have won an incomplete league and nothing else.

Why you cry?

4 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Why you cry?

If there is any tears, its with laughter at  Raith  becoming the most desperate club I have ever witnessed.

It would be hilarious if there was no relegation or promotion 

The players whose contracts run out would go on the dole. I imagine everyone else would remain furloughed indefinitely for as long as the government pays 80% of their wages. 
The whole thing does raise an interesting question though. Outwith staff, most of FFCs costs will presumably be related to the stadium contract.
Do we have a legal right to suspend tenancy payments for as long as we're not using the facility? Have we looked at it and if so what sort of discussions are we having with FCSL?

Very doubtful any landlord would leave themselves open to that

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

If there is any tears, its with laughter at  Raith  becoming the most desperate club I have ever witnessed.

It would be hilarious if there was no relegation or promotion 

I was worried the Falkirk fans were taking this too well. Thanks for providing the meltdown we are all looking for.

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

I was worried the Falkirk fans were taking this too well. Thanks for providing the meltdown we are all looking for.

Almost as desperate as the statement yer chairman released.....not quite tho

Just now, MrDust said:

Almost as desperate as the statement yer chairman released.....not quite tho

All those tears. Probably shouldn’t have played for a draw at Starks in the title decider. Only have yourselves to blame tbh.

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

In all seriousness though; if the WHO are correct and there are another 3 or 4 waves of this thing to come then you'll have been promoted to nowhere. In those circumstances it's likely that there'll be no football next season either and Raith would be likely to be one of the clubs to go to the wall. Highly doubtful that we could survive either.

There will be one league left (maybe) and Scottish football will stagnate and eventually wither and die completely.

Other than that though, everything will be fine!

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

In all seriousness though; if the WHO are correct and there are another 3 or 4 waves of this thing to come then you'll have been promoted to nowhere. In those circumstances it's likely that there'll be no football next season either and Raith would be likely to be one of the clubs to go to the wall. Highly doubtful that we could survive either.

There will be one league left (maybe) and Scottish football will stagnate and eventually wither and die completely.

f**k me you're a right ray of sunshine.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, true, we could all be truly fucked. 

That's tomorrow's problem though.

In all seriousness, it's not the way any of us wanted it and it's shite that neither of our clubs, of Airdrie or even Montrose will get their final day in the sun, no elation, no heartbreak one way or the other.

Best we can do is make the best of a shite situation, and it's in Ann Budge's best interests fro you to come up as well.

6 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Course you are bbz.

Capture.JPG

Almost as funny as your chairman's pleading statement, not quite tho

5 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

All those tears. Probably shouldn’t have played for a draw at Starks in the title decider. Only have yourselves to blame tbh.

The * decider perhaps

Better to be fucked into nothing as champions than Falkirk tbh.