The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

In what way is an abstention a No?

And yes, they voted No and then changed their minds. That is within the SPFL rules. I saw it this morning, maybe on Tom English Twitter. 

Reading  the rules. If you dont agree with the proposal you dont have to do anything it says. So basically an abstention is a no.  Once your vote for a yes is in then you cant change it but it doesnt actually say whether you can change your mind if you vote no or not as it says if you disagree you dont do anything.  Why then are teams sending in no votes when they shouldn't be doing anything??? Rules are completely farcical. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

The Forfar comments certainly leave a bad taste. Reading between the lines, there is no way they'd have backed this proposal had they been sitting 10th in the league rather than Stranraer.

The likes of Clyde, Airdrie etc would benefit more than Forfar from having us (and Partick) in the league. Likewise for the Championship - having Hearts coming down would be a real shot in the arm to the other clubs finances. I'd imagine there would be a lot of ill feeling amongst their fans as well if this goes through.

The Dundee situation has made the whole affair even more of a joke

As Shadwell and others have said - there are rumours of league reconstruction flying about all over the place. I don't think it can hurt to have a proper discussion before deciding anything, especially as it will be virtually impossible to start next season on time anyway.

Just had a couple of texts In from a couple of friends ( Aberdeen supporters) rumour is that for Dundee to vote yes, top division to increase by four teams for beginning of next season. Promotion for top two in each leagues and two coming up from non league. Apparently it’s been knocked back and hence no decision yet. As said this is rumour only but what a belter from Dundee if true
Assuming that something in that proposal is lost in translation - that would be an 8 team Championship?

2 minutes ago, true_rover said:
31 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:
Just had a couple of texts In from a couple of friends ( Aberdeen supporters) rumour is that for Dundee to vote yes, top division to increase by four teams for beginning of next season. Promotion for top two in each leagues and two coming up from non league. Apparently it’s been knocked back and hence no decision yet. As said this is rumour only but what a belter from Dundee if true

Assuming that something in that proposal is lost in translation - that would be an 8 team Championship?

Cant see the top flight agreeing to 16 teams either.

i suspect (might be wrong), he meant top 2.
If it’s been rejected by the arse cheeks I’m sure the next step is to offer to admit colt teams rather than Kelty and Brora.....

Shambles top to bottom but if this does go through, it's an absolute shit show for teams to be relegated without an end to the season but putting that monumental element to one side, these sides do currently occupy spots that would see them relegated, likewise raith currently occupy a slot that would see them promoted.

However, Falkirk, Airdrie and montrose (and qots) currently occupy spots that would result in a promotion playoff...surely the result isn't just to pretend that isn't happening and move on without some form of consideration to that fact?

24 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Shambles top to bottom but if this does go through, it's an absolute shit show for teams to be relegated without an end to the season but putting that monumental element to one side, these sides do currently occupy spots that would see them relegated, likewise raith currently occupy a slot that would see them promoted.

However, Falkirk, Airdrie and montrose (and qots) currently occupy spots that would result in a promotion playoff...surely the result isn't just to pretend that isn't happening and move on without some form of consideration to that fact?

Yip that's the plan. 105 page proposal handed out in the middle of a meeting to discuss the whole thing . As the aberdeen chairman said

We feel strongly that the SPFL board should not have asked member clubs to cast a vote on this resolution with less than 48 hours’ notice, especially when these resolutions allow for 28 days.This request was made during a one hour video conference with no room for constructive discussion or debate, leaving us scrambling for time to review the resolution legal document and then discuss the merits of it with our board. 

Ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The Aberdeen chairman that told his fans he was voting no then U turned ?

His reason to vote no was it was all too quick. Once the spfl bod had guaranteed him that the top flight sides would still have loads of time to discuss he voted yes. So he obviously didn't give a feck that it was getting steamrolled in over the small clubs as long as it wasnt aberdeen.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Correct, East Fife and Partick away for me only next season. Bitter/petty whatever you want to call it I don’t care. These clubs have voted to keep up down for their own benefit. I’ll be doing exactly what they don’t want and staying away then their plan for an extra 75K or more will go tits up. Why should we as fans be used as a cash cow? I understand the argument “but we’d do the same if in that situation”. Yes probably, but we’re not.

The absolute state of this post. Possibly the most "Falkirk" post of all time! 😂

Sadly it is all tumbling into the usual supporter v supporter petty point scoring while Doncaster et al get to push through a bunch of poorly thought through self serving bollocks and Scottish football remains locked in a position as the go to European league for shitty governance spiced with a good helping of moral corruption.

Until the shouts of people like Doncaster are removed from the feeding trough, nowt will change.

To be honest this whole issue just highlights the need for a total review of the leagues.The clubs who have more than 2000 fans need to be in the same league and playing each other to survive. At present we have a bunch of part time clubs who (and credit to them )who are above the likes of us and Patrick because they have taken advantage of the overall low standards of skill and fitness and have out performed us. It’s laughable that Alloa , Arbroath Hamilton , etc are better run than us with our management consultant approach to running a club.
We deserve all we get in my opinion . We have a total fuvck up and disgrace of a management team. Rout the lot of them and get in fans with some entrepreneurial spirit to run the place Safe Accountants and lawyers no more.The people who put them in place are even worse !
Correct, East Fife and Partick away for me only next season. Bitter/petty whatever you want to call it I don’t care. These clubs have voted to keep up down for their own benefit. I’ll be doing exactly what they don’t want and staying away then their plan for an extra 75K or more will go tits up. Why should we as fans be used as a cash cow? I understand the argument “but we’d do the same if in that situation”. Yes probably, but we’re not.
Thought I had opened the Sevco thread with the state of these posts.

Explain?

He can’t. He or she is happy petty point scoring. As if Covid hasn’t fucked it all enough, Doncaster flies in to add a whole new layer of fucked to the whole thing. You’d reckon this stuff couldn’t be made up, but these people somehow manage it.

Just a combination of my old age and the cumulative effects of so many donuts applying their self serving layers of shite down the years, but I am now seriously considering calling a personal halt to following the game. Even a couple of years ago, I considered myself in it til my own demise (who knows what tomorrow might bring), but I am so hacked off with these tinpot arseholes and their machinations. Christ, this is supposed to be the people’s game. Just look at the standard of individuals who have managed to steal it away.

Totally understand if others enjoy the low grade politics and intrigue of it all, but it’s no longer feeling like football to me.

2 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Explain?

The utter deluded sense of superiority and importance based on literally nothing tangible other than the fact you can win the crowd w**k in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. Falkirk are utterly shite, just like every small provincial club at this level. 

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He can’t. He or she is happy petty point scoring. As if Covid hasn’t fucked it all enough, Doncaster flies in to add a whole new layer of fucked to the whole thing. You’d reckon this stuff couldn’t be made up, but these people somehow manage it.

Just a combination of my old age and the cumulative effects of so many donuts applying their self serving layers of shite down the years, but I am now seriously considering calling a personal halt to following the game. Even a couple of years ago, I considered myself in it til my own demise (who knows what tomorrow might bring), but I am so hacked off with these tinpot arseholes and their machinations. Christ, this is supposed to be the people’s game. Just look at the standard of individuals who have managed to steal it away.

Totally understand if others enjoy the low grade politics and intrigue of it all, but it’s no longer feeling like football to me.

Spot on and sums up my feelings exactly. Well said sir.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

The utter deluded sense of superiority and importance based on literally nothing tangible other than the fact you can win the crowd w**k in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. Falkirk are utterly shite, just like every small provincial club at this level. 

Is that Kilbowie in your profile pic?

I’ve never once crowd w**ked. I simply quoted what the Forfar chairman said. He has voted to keep my club down in the third tier of Scottish football in order to benefit him and his club. That doesn’t sit well with me whether I’m a supporter of Falkirk or someone else, if someone or some club is voting to have a negative effect on my team, I’ll happily avoid attending the away fixture at their ground.

12 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I’ve never once crowd w**ked. I simply quoted what the Forfar chairman said. He has voted to keep my club down in the third tier of Scottish football in order to benefit him and his club. That doesn’t sit well with me whether I’m a supporter of Falkirk or someone else, if someone or some club is voting to have a negative effect on my team, I’ll happily avoid attending the away fixture at their ground.

Think we should have a "negative" crowd w*nk next season (if we are still down here) - Let us try and give each club in this league that voted "yes" their lowest attendance when they play us by not having a single away fan in the ground.

Less is more.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

All these folks talking of boycotts and voting based on where large supported clubs will be need to wake up and smell the coffee (not Brooklyn Coffee, that's not available yet).

There is no feasible way that fans will be allowed into stadiums next season - social distancing restrictions will remain in place until we have a vaccine, nearly every expert is saying this.

Large crowded gatherings at sporting events and gigs will be the very last thing to be allowed. Season 2021-2022 would be my guess.