The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I trust you'd have done the same thing if the clubs had unanimously voted 'Yes'? 

That's what I meant to say actually but worded it wrong.  I meant if it had come out a straight in favour of the vote you accept it and move on. Your not going to be happy but at least a clear transparent vote was held and not this completely corrupt mess.

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Not a Philadelphia lawyer but the current situation awaiting Dundee’s vote, I can’t see how on earth Dundee’s vote regardless of yes or no can now be accepted. The majority of sensible fans are more or less in agreement that the situation is untenable and the only sensible thing would be to cancel this proposal and get all clubs round the table, with an a view to attaining a sensible solution. 

Going forward I would suggest that Scottish football gets  one body running our game, this body should be made up with professional people - Who have no affiliation to award personal gain or interest to home clubs. This is the only way we will get away from self interest diseases that run through our game. 

Exactly.  Clubs cant vote and then half an hour later say wait a minute see that vote discount it otherwise anyone could do that and you would need to wait 28 days to see if anyone else fancied changing their minds.

On 13/04/2020 at 01:48, Hank von Hell said:

I have been talking about this for a few weeks, and so it looks to be coming true. The harsh reality is there is no way the government will allow people to sit together in stands or stand on terraces , hugging each other at goals etc without having a vaccine for the virus - which is a year away at best.

Therefore next season when it arrives could well be all be played behind closed doors.

Sadly this can't work for clubs outside the top tier and I honestly don't see how they can survive.  With no season ticket money coming in it's game over. Same goes for gigs & theatre. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-sent-chilling-financial-21853998

If this is the case, which I think is highly likely, does this mean that clubs will just release all out of contract playing staff until such time that football resumes? Meaning hundreds of footballers will be out of work?  

Re closed door football, pretty sure PFA Scotland have already voiced their disproval due to players being in close proximity to each other whether it be in the dressing room or during an actual match.

I still dont understand why this vote had to be made now, imo it would have been better to wait for FIFA/UEFA to provide some guidance then we go from there, but have a number of options available for when something official has been released.  

Guest Ecosse83

I'm now past the point of caring. After this post I won't be reading anymore on the subject. I'll be buying my season ticket as soon as they are released to help the club in this shit situation. Hopefully we can come out of it on the other side in a relatively ok position. 

Fingers crossed we are back in the stadium sometime this year, stay safe fellow Falkirk fans!

Exactly.  Clubs cant vote and then half an hour later say wait a minute see that vote discount it otherwise anyone could do that and you would need to wait 28 days to see if anyone else fancied changing their minds.
It's literally written in the constitution they can if they vote no.

13 minutes ago, champions said:

If this is the case, which I think is highly likely, does this mean that clubs will just release all out of contract playing staff until such time that football resumes? Meaning hundreds of footballers will be out of work?  

Re closed door football, pretty sure PFA Scotland have already voiced their disproval due to players being in close proximity to each other whether it be in the dressing room or during an actual match.

I still dont understand why this vote had to be made now, imo it would have been better to wait for FIFA/UEFA to provide some guidance then we go from there, but have a number of options available for when something official has been released.  

I agree it needs guidance and leadership from the governing bodies , but it is definitely not a one size fits all solution. In Scotland where gate receipts make up such a high percentage of income we cannot just open up with all games behind doors and still cover costs. In England , Italy etc they certainly can in the top leagues.

Maybe the SFA can relax the rules about showing games on TV at 3pm on a Saturday and clubs like Falkirk can start to charge local fans to watch the matches thus securing some income, and survival. That's where leadership should come in, there is no solution other than getting the current cash released from the SPFL - then what? They will need more money in a couple of months.

As for the players, well I'm afraid they will only be doing what essential workers , care workers & health workers have to do right now - go out and get on with it. But to be more compassionate about it I would reckon we will have the 15min tests out by then and each player would have to be tested pre-match to ensure they are COVID 19 negative - then they should be safe to play. I would imagine the EPL with all they have to lose will be on to that already.      

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

As said, normally don’t believe a word that comes from the Daily Bogot papers, but if clubs are arranging friendlies, it takes Scottish football from the gutter to god knows where, it’s now three days and still not a word ( official word) from Dundee 

It takes Scottish football from the gutter to the sewer. And I say that as the supporter of a team who stands to gain if the bastion of financial integrity that is Dundee Fc, change their vote to Yes. 

It should be two up, no relegation, then one up and three down next season if they want to revert back to 12-10-10-10.

30 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
50 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's literally written in the constitution they can if they vote no.

So if you vote yes you cant change your mind?

Looking forward to our away games against Partick and East Fife next season.

Only fan action forced the SPFL not to allow the new Rangers to join up the leagues and that's what has got to happen again here.

https://www.change.org/p/spfl-petition-to-remove-neil-doncaster-from-his-position-at-the-sfa-as-a-chief-executive?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=psf_combo_share_abi&recruited_by_id=acc327d0-7c20-11ea-81ff-b39f62ac87b9

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Correct, East Fife and Partick away for me only next season. Bitter/petty whatever you want to call it I don’t care. These clubs have voted to keep up down for their own benefit. I’ll be doing exactly what they don’t want and staying away then their plan for an extra 75K or more will go tits up. Why should we as fans be used as a cash cow? I understand the argument “but we’d do the same if in that situation”. Yes probably, but we’re not.

Everyone is entitled to attend whichever games they like, but I won't taking part in any boycotts because, IMO, they're childish and pointless. Teams voted to get prize money released earlier to aid their finances. You can argue that the distribution of money should have been decoupled from the vote on calling the season now (and I'd agree with you), but that was the proposal on the table and the majority of clubs were happy to back it. The shenanigans that has gone on since Friday isn't the fault of L1 clubs. They've voted to ease their cashflow; something I'm sure we'd have done in the same position.

I seriously doubt they're looking at us and Partick as cash cows. We'll take 500-1,000 to most aways which is a nice boost for these clubs twice a season, but it certainly won't be something they budget for. Very arrogant to think us boycotting will bankrupt them.

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Everyone is entitled to attend whichever games they like, but I won't taking part in any boycotts because, IMO, they're childish and pointless. Teams voted to get prize money released earlier to aid their finances. You can argue that the distribution of money should have been decoupled from the vote on calling the season now (and I'd agree with you), but that was the proposal on the table and the majority of clubs were happy to back it. The shenanigans that has gone on since Friday isn't the fault of L1 clubs. They've voted to ease their cashflow; something I'm sure we'd have done in the same position.

I seriously doubt they're looking at us and Partick as cash cows. We'll take 500-1,000 to most aways which is a nice boost for these clubs twice a season, but it certainly won't be something they budget for. Very arrogant to think us boycotting will bankrupt them.

Is the prize money not paid in stages throughout the season with a final balance being paid based on the final positions? This would mean that any amounts still due to be paid would be fairly minuscule at our level. Pretty sure the forfar chairman stated that the prize money was immaterial.

33 minutes ago, champions said:

Is the prize money not paid in stages throughout the season with a final balance being paid based on the final positions? This would mean that any amounts still due to be paid would be fairly minuscule at our level. Pretty sure the forfar chairman stated that the prize money was immaterial.

It's relatively small down the league table, but the amount due to Raith Rovers is about £60k - and for teams in the Championship it's hundreds of thousands.