The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You are forgetting that lower league clubs were scrambling to join the SPFL a few years ago for the financial incentives. That’s turned out well then....
The point is that the whole process was corrupt before and it is now. And all 42 clubs are part of that situation......

Their all already  in the spfl are they not?

As I said previously we as a club are as culpable for the state of scottish football as any other. When we were part of the greed is good brigade I never heard us push for reconstruction once. Now that we're in with the wee boys again we're back harping on about it at every opportunity.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Funny how at least 5 had said they would vote no publicly and then some suddenly changed their tunes over night. Wonder why.

As I speculated earlier, a few calls have been made.
There’s nothing democratic about this voting process whatsoever....

There have been a lot of long overdue home truths posted this morning. 

Scottish football is a rotten husk that will collapse in on itself. People are just not going to bother turning up.

The Old Firm call the shots and the blazers jump. If they don't want change then there is no change. They don't want change so end of discussion.

Any reconstruction will just reinforce Rangers and Celtics power over the game. 

When normality returns many will have got out the habit of doing what was taken as normal. Whether that is buying online when you would normally go to a shop or going to a game of football. Human nature will dictate a good % will come to the decision ' Can't be bothered ' Those that voted yes are turkeys voting for xmas. The Old Firm will now well and truly screw you over and you will have no other choice but to bend over and spread your cheeks.

Have followed my local team since the early 60's chancing my arm with ' will you lift me over mister ' when I did not have the money to get in. Even waiting outside to see the last 20 minutes when the exit gates opened. But over the last 48 hours after decades of high and low moments, banter, laughs and tears I have had enough.

Going out for a walk, I may be some time !

Straw poll: if we are stuck in this league for another year due to the way that other League 1 clubs have voted, would anybody on here seriously consider boycotting them and not travel to any away games, excluding Partick Thistle? As I have mentioned before, either on this thread or the SPFL Recommendation thread, our 2 away games give most clubs in this league about 25% of their season long gate receipts. It would stop them signing a player or 2 maybe?

Yeah, salty tears, I know.

5 hours ago, Scottydog said:

As if this is something new?

since the ugly sisters got their way over keeping home gate money in the mid 1980’s no them out with the OF have been champions, they complain about it being a crap league but it’s exactly what they made it.

No matter how much they get out of it it’s never enough and it’s always someone else’s fault.

Nailed it sir and the single reason Scottish football is crap.Its not a competition its a procession and nobody outside of Glasgow treats it seriously anymore.How the boards of all the other clubs allowed this to happen mystifies me.They would leave us behind in a heartbeat if any other league would have them.

I was going to make a big ranty post about how calls to boycott were cringey, Sevco-esque toy-throwing nonsense, but I had a rethink.

I still think they are, but I am now more sanguine about it; do what you want. I can't tell anyone to go or not to go to any given match, and nor should anyone else. Christ, the Connah's Quay Nomads game very nearly finished me off and from having a season ticket for years I've only been back a few times since.

I LOVE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL: the history, the humour, the madness, the joys and all the other reasons we all know. The reasons for this vote are once in a lifetime stuff, and clubs will have voted the ways they did for many reasons.  The management of the game is utterly crooked, we know. But just imagine if it was not here: you sit on your sofa and watch sanitised dross featuring millionaires from another country run around in grounds populated by tourists and the wealthy ones who can afford to buy tickets. Who gives a shit about Watford versus Bournemouth? Or even Man City versus Liverpool! That is a million times worse for me. For others, I suppose not. I'd rather we accepted the madness of it and did our best to improve it without looking like that particular club.

So; go, or don't go, but to those wishing the game, our game, away I say the alternatives are much much worse.

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I was going to make a big ranty post about how calls to boycott were cringey, Sevco-esque toy-throwing nonsense, but I had a rethink.

I still think they are, but I am now more sanguine about it; do what you want. I can't tell anyone to go or not to go to any given match, and nor should anyone else. Christ, the Connah's Quay Nomads game very nearly finished me off and from having a season ticket for years I've only been back a few times since.

I LOVE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL: the history, the humour, the madness, the joys and all the other reasons we all know. The reasons for this vote are once in a lifetime stuff, and clubs will have voted the ways they did for many reasons.  The management of the game is utterly crooked, we know. But just imagine if it was not here: you sit on your sofa and watch sanitised dross featuring millionaires from another country run around in grounds populated by tourists and the wealthy ones who can afford to buy tickets. Who gives a shit about Watford versus Bournemouth? Or even Man City versus Liverpool! That is a million times worse for me. For others, I suppose not. I'd rather we accepted the madness of it and did our best to improve it without looking like that particular club.

So; go, or don't go, but to those wishing the game, our game, away I say the alternatives are much much worse.

I consider you to be one of the prats on here but, I’m sorry to admit, I agree.

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think a lot depends on how old you are and how long you've been watching falkirk and scottish football. The modern game absolutely sickens me. I used to watch any game on the tv whether it was the world cup or english 3rd division. Now find other things to do and will maybe switch over to check a score now and again. The standards awful  especially in scotland and the obsession with constant rule changes very few of which have improved the game one bit has made watching a match incredibly frustrating.  From a falkirk point of view I've seen us play in the old second division and rise up to the premier and then back down to the league we are in now.  I've seen us knocked back for possible promotion at least 3 times (4th to be confirmed)now and each time you wonder why you bother. I'm pretty scunnered with it all at the moment and could easily decide between now and whenever that I've had enough. Who knows but each time your team gets screwed and you come back a bit of your excitement about football goes and I'm basically running on empty now.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think a lot depends on how old you are and how long you've been watching falkirk and scottish football. The modern game absolutely sickens me. I used to watch any game on the tv whether it was the world cup or english 3rd division. Now find other things to do and will maybe switch over to check a score now and again. The standards awful  especially in scotland and the obsession with constant rule changes very few of which have improved the game one bit has made watching a match incredibly frustrating.  From a falkirk point of view I've seen us play in the old second division and rise up to the premier and then back down to the league we are in now.  I've seen us knocked back for possible promotion at least 3 times (4th to be confirmed)now and each time you wonder why you bother. I'm pretty scunnered with it all at the moment and could easily decide between now and whenever that I've had enough. Who knows but each time your team gets screwed and you come back a bit of your excitement about football goes and I'm basically running on empty now.

Pretty much the same age and experiences as me then, but it's 10 million times better than the alternative.

F'ck me - I'm not denying that on each occasion we could have done more to prevent the negative outcomes but we've had some mad league defining moments,

Finishing 3rd bottom of the top flight the only time the bottom 3 were relegated, having a play-off place removed mid-season, Airdrie ground share refusal, Murrayfield ground share refusal, Airdrie going tits up, global fucking pandemic!

Have I forgotten any?