The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Why is it obvious? Why not have 4 votes? Why treat leagues one and two differently than the premier and championship?

Its obvious why theyve used a 3 way voting structure than a 4.

59 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Apart from Belgium we seem to be the only country in a rush to do this for some reason. I get that some clubs are desperate for cash but that can easily enough be resolved without panicking over who gets promoted or relegated at this stage. 

The prize money for league 1 or 2 clubs surely is a pittance, I'm guessing we make more money on a match day.

Anyone have figures of prize money for league one, so I can have a serious lol

The EFL have now made a statement that it will need 56 days to finish the season once it's restarted.

This is how we should be operating but also have a contingency plan(s) in place.

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The prize money for league 1 or 2 clubs surely is a pittance, I'm guessing we make more money on a match day.

Anyone have figures of prize money for league one, so I can have a serious lol

The EFL have now made a statement that it will need 56 days to finish the season once it's restarted.

This is how we should be operating but also have a contingency plan(s) in place.

2018/19 was 125k for winner. Approx 70k for 10th.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why? Not as if it relies on a 2 v 1 majority or that  as each of the 3 has to vote yes by 75 percent for it to pass. So why?

Because there will need to be a tiebreaker eventually, as no possible outcome is likely to be voted through by an overall majority. 

No matter how much you peddle this myth reconstruction is some miracle, all encompassing, answer, it would also fail.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because there will need to be a tiebreaker eventually, as no possible outcome is likely to be voted through by an overall majority. 

No matter how much you peddle this myth reconstruction is some miracle, all encompassing, answer, it would also fail.

So your going to create some kind of new voting structure out of thin air to decide this then?  Voting is 75 percent of each of the 3 leagues. That wont change suddenly to a 2 v 1 majority ffs. If the vote fails then the proposal will be changed not the way the clubs vote for it feck me.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wouldnt have thought so. You're being shafted even more than us .

Can see your point. As an example I’m Sure Clyde will vote yes which is if course their right to do so and the Clyde fans will be in hysterics and trolling about us being relegated which is again of course their right to do so.  But was with the COVID19 crisis and resulting in money being tighter etc and having to choose more carefully away games - I would be more into making a point of being less likely to go to broadwood and more likely to go to the Falkirk stadium, particularly given that Falkirk are getting shafted as well, while Clyde are not likely to be affected either way(if anything maybe financially better off with us and Falkirk as away supports in the league) even though travelling distance wise would just be the same. 

Good to see the clubs stance on this which was a no brainer anyway:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-season-ending-vote-tipped-21839983

"There's a concern, and this has been echoed by clubs that I've spoken to, that this is all a bit rushed.

"My question to the SPFL is: 'why are we reaching a decision so quickly, whilst we don't have to reach a decision for the Premiership until later?

59 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why is it obvious? Why not have 4 votes? Why treat leagues one and two differently than the premier and championship?

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its obvious why theyve used a 3 way voting structure than a 4.

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why? Not as if it relies on a 2 v 1 majority or that  as each of the 3 has to vote yes by 75 percent for it to pass. So why?

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So?

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So your going to create some kind of new voting structure out of thin air to decide this then?  Voting is 75 percent of each of the 3 leagues. That wont change suddenly to a 2 v 1 majority ffs. If the vote fails then the proposal will be changed not the way the clubs vote for it feck me.

RandomGuy making a galactic standard walloper of himself.

You love to see it.

According to Tom English, indications are that this will go through....only just.

However, unlike at the turn of the century where we were getting screwed over yearly by the SPL, I’m not feeling so disgruntled this time.

We are in an unusual and unique situation and a resolution needs to be found. I’d prefer that the teams that dominated their divisions went up. However Hearts HAVE to go down.

I’m more disgruntled that the SPFL don’t have the bottle to call the Premiership at the same time as the other leagues.

And despite Knee Jerk Reactions rant, I’m also firmly in the same boat as others that this season we are getting what we deserve if we don’t go up.

There’s no doubt of ourselves and Raith, that Raith have performed at least to, if not above, expectations and we have underperformed.

Thanks very much Mr McKinnon,....

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You clearly have no idea how the voting structure works. There is not, and never will be, any requirement for a "tiebreaker". You either get all leagues to vote at least 75% in favour (which is effectively a 100% vote) or it fails. The concept of an "overall majority" does not exist, except in your head.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

According to Tom English, indicatios are that this will go through....only just.
However, unlike at the turn of the century where we were getting screwed over yearly by the SPL, I’m not feeling so disgruntled this time.
We are in an unusual and unique situation and a resolution needs to be found. I’d prefer that the teams that dominated their divisions went up. However Hearts HAVE to go down.
I’m more disgruntled that the SPFL don’t have the bottle to call the Premiership at the same time as the other leagues.
And despite Knee Jerk Reactions rant, I’m also firmly in the same boat as others that this season we are getting what we deserve if we don’t go up.
There’s no doubt of ourselves and Raith, that Raith have performed at least to, if not above, expectations and we have underperformed.
Thanks very much Mr McKinnon,....

Expectations mean  nowt. Raith have been just as shit as us this season in losing to teams like stranraer and peterhead.

Tom English knows feck all. He seems to expect every lower league club will automatically accept it for cash. I've yet to hear a league chairman say they think it will pass.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, AGPar said:

You clearly have no idea how the voting structure works. There is not, and never will be, any requirement for a "tiebreaker". You either get all leagues to vote at least 75% in favour (which is effectively a 100% vote) or it fails. The concept of an "overall majority" does not exist, except in your head.

My point is that every suggestion will be voted down. If you rigidly stick to that voting system nothing will ever be picked as you'll never have all three agreeing.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

My point is that every suggestion will be voted down. If you rigidly stick to that voting system nothing will ever be picked as you'll never have all three agreeing.

So what next then ? Best of three, paper scissors stone, tic tac? That's how the vote works it will not change. The proposal needs to change or they need to persuade enough teams to vote for the proposal.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

So what next then ? Best of three, paper scissors stone, tic tac? That's how the vote works it will not change. The proposal needs to change or they need to persuade enough teams to vote for the proposal.

Yes.

But what if no proposal gets accepted and we reach mid-July?

They can't just not make a decision indefinitely. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes.

You've utterly missed the point about 7 times in a row.

Anyway, to answer the question you posed (it's polite, you see), by the time it got to July or whatever then UEFA would make the cal for all 55 associations.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes.

We wont have a league by then anyway as a lot of the small clubs will have gone tits up if that happens. The clubs will need to sit down and thrash it out.  We for some reason seem to be trying to lead on this whole affair instead of following what virtually every other league is doing which is paying out prize money and deferring decisions until more is known about how things are going to pan out and how uefa are going to instruct the European leagues as a whole.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're basing that on what exactly? Nothing at all. And whilst disregarding reconstruction and "rigidly sticking" to the current league structure  it's fine to rip up a voting system which has been in place for years, which all clubs are presumably fully aware of and which would itself require a vote to be amended. Making it up as you go along.