The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Except that aren't, they're merely putting a slight delay on the Premiership to get everything cleared through UEFA, it's literally part of the package being voted on.

And if UEFA come back still saying you have to finish the season off how will they be able to do that but the other 3 leagues wont.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Here is how to resolve this season.

No Winners No losers. No Champions. No Relegations No Trophies.

Premiership 2020/21 Increase to 13 teams, with Dundee United joining PL. Play 24,  Split 6/7,  Play 10/12.  13th and 12th relegated, 11th Playoffs Season, 2021/22 12 Teams. 

Championship 2020/21 Increase to 14 teams with Raith Falkirk Airdrie Montrose East Fife joining Championship.  Play 26,  Split 7/7, Play 12.  1st Promoted 2nd 3rd Playoffs.  14th and 13th relegated, 12th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 14 Teams

Div1/Div2 Increase to 18 teams with Brora Kelty Bonnyrigg joining the extended Div 1. Play 34 no split. 1st Promoted, 2nd 3rd Playoffs. 17th 18th relegated, 16th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 18 Teams.

No League Cup or Tunnocks Cup 2020/21. 

Free weeks here and there, not a problem.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

One 1k away support and one under that will not be what makes or breaks our finances this season, im afraid. 

Clubs at this level have survived for years without Falkirk, don't kid yourself. 

All before Corona

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I have no idea what the "group chat" means here, but the SPFL have explicitly included the Premiership in the proposals they put on their website. If the season can't be played out, Hearts will be relegated on exactly the same basis that is being used across the other leagues. They can't call the top league now because it would cause problems with UEFA.

The group chat is what they have had with 30 league clubs outside the top league regarding the situation.

If you think our governing body will do the right thing here, then you must have two zips up the back. The history of their fuk ups continue on and on.

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ok fair enough. I slightly exaggerated what your mate said.

I’m not getting the Brechin ‘love in.’ TBF.

"My mate", "brechin love in"  ffs.

You said they're getting rewarded; they're clearly not. They're just not being punished for being shite like they normally would.

13 hours ago, raith1974 said:

If your team were sitting top of the league at the moment would you and your BOD be against it answer is no. Your pissed because for the 2nd season in a row your team have under performed. With your budget you should be well clear but instead for the great majority of the season you have been behind Raith. Your team have also failed in 4 attempts to beat Raith 3 in the league and getting thumped in the cup. 

If your team were sitting second in the league at the moment (with a very good chance of winning it), would you and your BOD be for it? Answer is no.

Matters not a jot how many times we've failed to beat Raith mate. Doesn't matter how big or small our budget is compared to other teams either. The league title is only won once it's arithmetically impossible for the remaining teams to win it which is not currently the case.

FWIW, although I certainly don't agree with it, I do think the leagues will be finalised as is because this is what the blazers seem to want. Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove won't be crowned champions though because they won't be. Raith are being denied the chance to celebrate a title win on the pitch and there will be no title parties (or if there are, you would have one big riddy!) If I were a Raith fan, or if the situation was reversed, the whole thing would seem very hollow to me.

BTW, I've nothing against Raith. My preference this season would have been to win the league and you to be promoted via the play-offs.

My personal opinion is that I would rather next season looked different and was impacted in some way in order to finish this season.

I think in the enormity of the circumstances, I'd rather have two seasons which straddle the crisis time that are a bit clunky and bit difficult, but ultimately involve games of football being completed, than insisting that next season is totally unaffected at the cost of this one being an absolute fucking joke.

To me that's by some distance the lesser of two evils. Of course there is a time limit to everything but we are not there yet.

I think what's happening just now is stupid, but given it's the organisation of Scottish football we are talking about, that's not in the least bit surprising.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My personal opinion is that I would rather next season looked different and was impacted in some way in order to finish this season.

I think in the enormity of the circumstances, I'd rather have two seasons which straddle the crisis time that are a bit clunky and bit difficult, but ultimately involve games of football being completed, than insisting that next season is totally unaffected at the cost of this one being an absolute fucking joke.

To me that's by some distance the lesser of two evils. Of course there is a time limit to everything but we are not there yet.

I think what's happening just now is stupid, but given it's the organisation of Scottish football we are talking about, that's not in the least bit surprising.

Apart from Belgium we seem to be the only country in a rush to do this for some reason. I get that some clubs are desperate for cash but that can easily enough be resolved without panicking over who gets promoted or relegated at this stage. 

Been ignoring P&B because I knew quite rightly some of our fans would be having a meltdown over this. Calls for boycotts are an absolute fucking riddy and should be shut down instantly.

I don’t think that this vote will pass, but if it does, I feel we’ve been hard done by, but I don’t want to pretend for a minute that if we were sitting a point above Raith our board would be silently voting yes on this resolution.

Although I want to see this as an opportunity to reconstruct the leagues, I understand that the powers above are desperate to keep the 4 OF games so we’re never going to get anywhere with that. We can only wait and see how this is sorted.

I think we can all agree that the SPFL passing this onto the clubs to vote is a total get on and shows how incompetent they are once again.

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If we get screwed over yet again, and we are stuck in this league for another year, then we really have to boycott all the away games and boycott must mean boycott, to the extent that FFC don't take up their allocation of away tickets for any game. If we did boycott, we will probably be replaced as the cash cow in this league by Partick Thistle, but at least we don't have to give the other clubs 4 bumper home gates. (maybe we should have a word in Partick Thistle and their supporters clubs ear too?).

Look at these stats: Clyde's total home attendances so far total 13,240, 3,832 (or 28.55%) coming from the 2 Falkirk games. OK, the figures are a bit skewed in that they have only had one home game each from Airdrie and Raith Rovers.

So let us take a look at Airdrie's home attendances: A total of 16,913, (they have had 2 home games each from Clyde, Raith Rovers and ourselves). Our 2 games generated a total attendance of 4,418 or 26.12% of Airdrie's home gates.

Sure, the Coronavirus is a nightmare and the subject of football isn't all that important at the moment but it doesn't mean that i can't vent my spleen on this matter.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/clyde/attendances

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/airdrieonians/attendances

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/raith-rovers/attendances

I know, crowdw*nk, but i'm pissed off.

Would your boycott include Partick Thistle?

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We have different views on this subject mate. I think Brechin are being saved from potential relegation by a decision one of their board members influenced.

You think they are deservedly ‘not being punished’ for a strong performance so far this season.

Falkirk fans: Brechin are bottom of the league and deserve relegated, it doesnt matter that theyve still got a play off to play to decide that.

Also Falkirk fans: Falkirk arent in the automatic promotion spot but dont deserve to miss out on promotion, we still have a play off to decide that.

Falkirk fans: Brechin are bottom of the league and deserve relegated, it doesnt matter that theyve still got a play off to play to decide that.
Also Falkirk fans: Falkirk arent in the automatic promotion spot but dont deserve to miss out on promotion, we still have a play off to decide that.
The post you have quoted says potential relegation

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You still haven't enlightened me on why league one and two vote together so theres 3 votes instead of 4?

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You still haven't enlightened me on why league one and two vote together so theres 3 votes instead of 4?

Its obvious isnt it? Theres literally no other reason to do it that way.