The Falkirk FC Thread

The league aren't asking for a full refund on a seasons worth of season ticket income. 
In any case its in the SPFL regulations that the season is complete when they so, and I would imagine most clubs would have some kind of mechanism within the small print leaving refunds for these things at their discretion. Don't think any fan stupid enough to demand a refund would have much chance. 

No but they are stopping fans getting value for money spent. I am merely pointing out that there will be fans out there who will feel they have not had value for the money they spent last summer.

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I doubt you'll need a boycott. Lot of fans will have had enough if this happens. I'm thinking about starting to watch the juniors if this pish goes through. Others will find other things to do on a saturday than pay to watch football where they can suddenly decide promotion and relegation are based on a random weekend in march and a vote.  Can see a good few saying nah not for me any more.

That's what happened post Cunningham era, within 5 years crowds of 8-9000 down to under 1000. Lets be blunt ! going to watch football has not been value for money for years. There is plenty of competition for your money out there. As personal disposable income decreases as it will post Covid19 people will make that hard choice. By the way watching the juniors is always a good day out. Camelon was my team Union Inn pre match - Camelon Juniors - Canal Inn ( war office ) post match. Happy memories in particular watching Kevin McAllister playing for them.

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I wouldn’t bet on that mate, fact - as soon as our relegation was confirmed, I know two clubs in division 1 that were able to find funds for one/two additional players, and please don’t patronise ourselves with comparing to the bigot bro’s, we hate these clubs more than most. As posted earlier ask your chairman about our contribution to your player funds this year, he seems a straight up guy.

One 1k away support and one under that will not be what makes or breaks our finances this season, im afraid. 

Clubs at this level have survived for years without Falkirk, don't kid yourself. 

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Junior football is dead, boys. Barring a couple of luddites in West Lothian it's all part of the pyramid now.

And amen to that.

Junior or east of scotland or whatever it is now. Probably go watch camelon from now on.

10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Falkirk v Partick will be a nice watch in the seaside league, all the money spent on signing players with large wages to climb the championship table next season too 😂

Christ we're struggling to get out of league one never mind thinking of signing players for next season whatever league we are in. We would be keeping the minimum players possible from this squad if we'd went up I can assure you.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Junior football is dead, boys. Barring a couple of luddites in West Lothian it's all part of the pyramid now.

And amen to that.

When folk talk about junior football now they mean non-league football now. A well-run and exciting league. The West Lothian juniors will be long gone in a wee while

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

They haven't included the top league in the group chat regarding the scenario.

They have history of saying one thing and doing another in a short space of time.

It's bewildering to have talks and not include the top league, really shows up what they have done to Scottish football and made it a bigger joke year on year on.

I have no idea what the "group chat" means here, but the SPFL have explicitly included the Premiership in the proposals they put on their website. If the season can't be played out, Hearts will be relegated on exactly the same basis that is being used across the other leagues. They can't call the top league now because it would cause problems with UEFA.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Bollocks mate. Ken Ferguson is rewarding Brechin because he’s in a position to do so.

Its appalling.

Rewarding Brechin would involve them being promoted or gaining some sort of actual benefit compared to what they currently have. It is impossible to relegate Brechin when there is no way to decide who would replace them. What would your solution be? Relegate Brechin to the Highland League and then promote both Brora and Kelty so we have an 11 team League 2?

The only sensible solutions which don't give a stupid odd-numbered league are to have a 10 team League 2 as normal, or a 12 team League 2 featuring Brora and Kelty. Brechin wouldn't go down in either scenario.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Also, Camelon would have about 3000 fans every week if the number of Falkirk fans on here who threatened to go to watch them under various circumstances actually followed through on it.

Are you saying I'm not being serious here?  I can assure you I am being very serious.

55 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I have no idea what the "group chat" means here, but the SPFL have explicitly included the Premiership in the proposals they put on their website. If the season can't be played out, Hearts will be relegated on exactly the same basis that is being used across the other leagues. They can't call the top league now because it would cause problems with UEFA.

Rewarding Brechin would involve them being promoted or gaining some sort of actual benefit compared to what they currently have. It is impossible to relegate Brechin when there is no way to decide who would replace them. What would your solution be? Relegate Brechin to the Highland League and then promote both Brora and Kelty so we have an 11 team League 2?

The only sensible solutions which don't give a stupid odd-numbered league are to have a 10 team League 2 as normal, or a 12 team League 2 featuring Brora and Kelty. Brechin wouldn't go down in either scenario.

They benefit through staying in the league when they should have been relegated. It’s not rocket science.

43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you saying I'm not being serious here?  I can assure you I am being very serious.

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If the blazers have their way with this proposed solution then clubs will fold. Many are kept afloat due to soft loans from supporters, local businesses and goodwill fighting off loan repayments. People rightly will cut their loses and get out leaving the ashes to be picked over by carper baggers in a rerun of what happened to Third Lanark. You could build a very nice housing development at Glebe Park Brechin but would have to keep the hedge though ! Bet somebody has looked at that already.

Whatever happens football as we know it is now just a memory of an era gone by - Que the theme from Gone with the Wind.

Some amount of our fans saying we deserve to stay down because we got beat by clyde and aren't humping wee teams by 3 or 4 every week. Hopefully at some point in the future when we're back in the top flight these fans will be happy enough to see us pumped by 3 or 4 every game we play rangers, celtic, hibs, hearts, aberdeen, the dundee teams as they're bigger teams with a bigger budget. We really do have some roasters in our support. 

I can't see how any team could vote for the offer, how can you treat one league differently from the rest? The pandering to ranger/celtic is the worst aspect of this whole thing, shows what Doncaster and the rest really think about Scottish football.

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They benefit through staying in the league when they should have been relegated. It’s not rocket science.

That is not being "rewarded for failure", it is "not being punished for failure". In fact, we don't know if they should have been relegated, because they would still have had to play a play-off first.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That is not being "rewarded for failure", it is "not being punished for failure". In fact, we don't know if they should have been relegated, because they would still have had to play a play-off first.

We have different views on this subject mate. I think Brechin are being saved from potential relegation by a decision one of their board members influenced.

You think they are deservedly ‘not being punished’ for a strong performance so far this season.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We have different views on this subject mate. I think Brechin are being saved from potential relegation by a decision one of their board members influenced.

You think they are deservedly ‘not being punished’ for a strong performance so far this season.

He's clearly not saying that at all.

I can't see how any team could vote for the offer, how can you treat one league differently from the rest?

Except that aren't, they're merely putting a slight delay on the Premiership to get everything cleared through UEFA, it's literally part of the package being voted on.