The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

20-21 season is workable depending on the date we start and a bit of flexibility on the games played. One home one away for example.

The vast majority of SPFL clubs are not going to waive up fully 50% of next season's gate revenue front just because Falkirk and a handful of other teams insist on waiting all year to finally complete just eight games from this season's campaign. That's not happening, try again.

Edited by vikingTON

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk fans should be focusing their anger on the clowns in the boardroom who retained McKinnon and gave him a comparatively massive budget to piss up the wall on the dullest shitehouse of a team imaginable.

We should be at least 6-7 points clear and then this wouldn't be an issue. Instead we watched muck like Doyle, Telfer and Sammon plod around endlessly drawing games against sides with 10% of our crowds.

The worst part of that is the fact that RM said if we were in touching distance of the team at the top then it would be a success which basically sums the guy up.

No one could have seen this coming of course, and any solution that involves promotion and relegation without competing the games is fucking shite, and in sporting terms, obviously a farce.

But, if it turns out to be they way it goes, it's still only us to blame.

Like all aspects of this, I dont envy the decision makers nor do I trust them to do the right thing whatever that may be.

We have still made a rip roaring c**t of a season which so far shows us to be the second best team in the league. I probably just about fancied us to go on and win it after seeing BSLM put in some decent cameos, but in the context that someone was alwyas going to get fucked, we are to blame for that being us. f**k sake man.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Well, I mentioned a few issues in a previous post:

1) if lockdown doesn't start to be lifted until early June, it's doubtful that a decision on mass spectator sports would be taken before July.

2) that's a 4 month lay off for players who are used to a 1 month lay off and then a two month pre season. We'd be giving them a 4 month lay off, then a 4 week crash course to get fit. Can only imagine we'd end up with more injuries in the short term that way. 

3) however, allowing for a minimum 4 week restart from cold we are looking at August to re-start season 19/20. Assume high intensity two games a week, and with play offs you'd have it done in 5 weeks. So, early September before the new season can begin. October if we give them something like a proper pre season to get ready. 

4) with that in mind, how do you truncate the season? Play three rounds? Two rounds to maintain home and away fairness? The latter ends up throwing away a lot of income. Especially as we are probably chucking the league cup (or at least it's current format with the group guaranteed incomes for lower leagues) to fit in.

5) the major issue though for me is that we are re starting, possibly with very different squads,  possibly even different managers not necessarily with all clubs left to fulfil the fixtures. It's not really a continuation of the previous season, so the idea that this is fair takes a knock in my opinion.

All valid and reasonable points. 20-21 season whenever it starts is going to be a compromise the late kick off dictates that . But for credibility and avoiding rancour it would be preferable to complete this season. Whatever the solution is it will have its faults. 

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

All valid and reasonable points. 20-21 season whenever it starts is going to be a compromise the late kick off dictates that . But for credibility and avoiding rancour it would be preferable to complete this season. Whatever the solution is it will have its faults. 

Absolutely, what matters is how to get through the Summer with 42 clubs intact. 

The question at the root of this is why the SPFL have chosen the finish the league route rather than the null and void route. It's not for the Rovers benefit, or Cove or Dundee United. Either solution pisses off one half of the OF so it's not like they are sitting as a bloc dictating policy behind the doors on this.

So why this solution?

Just now, Bantabairn said:

TV rights / Cancellation of new deals etc 

So money, that eventually the clubs are due. Basically, are we saying that a null and void season would mean less money going to clubs over a long summer where they need every penny?

16 minutes ago, renton said:

Absolutely, what matters is how to get through the Summer with 42 clubs intact. 

The question at the root of this is why the SPFL have chosen the finish the league route rather than the null and void route. It's not for the Rovers benefit, or Cove or Dundee United. Either solution pisses off one half of the OF so it's not like they are sitting as a bloc dictating policy behind the doors on this.

So why this solution?

It's probably because the league was suspended in fucking March and so was practically done already. If, on the other hand, the 20/21 campaign has to be suspended by a new outbreak in September then they wouldn't award the league based on 8/9 games played.

Why anyone thought that 'null and void, start over lads' would be seriously considered when fully 75% of fixtures have already been played beats me.

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

It's probably because the league was suspended in fucking March and so was practically done already. 

You lost any credibility with that line fella. To suggest a league season is almost done with 1 point between 2 teams and 6 points between 4 teams and 8 games left is genuinely hilarious. I know you hate Falkirk for some reason (don’t know why, McKinnon is gone), but take a look at what you’ve just said.

Don’t really mind what happens as Falkirk will lose out either way really (there’s no chance a top 2 from each league will go up, I don’t think that’s fair either) - null and void and just 1 up from each league would mean we lost out. 

Considering Covid will definitely come back and be around in some form for a while yet until a vaccine is found, starting another season by randomly finishing this season with only 8 games left is utterly mental to me. Finish this season when possible, hand out prize money (or a decent portion of it) to clubs who need it early to get by, then the rest when season complete.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you taking the piss here? You think falkirk get the same amount as celtic?

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes, Brechin got exactly the same as the Old Firm in this years TV deal.

Phrased it shite. I meant that each club for a slice of the TV deal. Obviously Brechin wouldn't get the same as Celtic, but they still get a share of the TV deals. 

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Phrased it shite. I meant that each club for a slice of the TV deal. Obviously Brechin wouldn't get the same as Celtic, but they still get a share of the TV deals. 

Aye but by the time it gets down to league one and two it's not worth talking about.

14 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

If its voted through we should boycott away games next year, see how the other chairmen like that, especially if partick do it as well.

I enjoy away games but would consider this. 

Imagine letting the clubs vote on who gets promoted and relegated.

Even for Scottish football this shows an incredible lack of sporting integrity.

Brechin are the worst team in the country and they are being rewarded for just that. Madness.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

I enjoy away games but would consider this. 
Imagine letting the clubs vote on who gets promoted and relegated.
Even for Scottish football this shows an incredible lack of sporting integrity.
Brechin are the worst team in the country and they are being rewarded for just that. Madness.
Brechin are not "being rewarded". They're not being punished, sure, but that's not the same thing.