The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Let’s flip that argument- if Raith were bottom end of quarter one. Bottom end of quarter two. Bottom at the end of quarter three BY ONE POINT. Bottom on the Criteria used by the SPFL. Would you still agree that was fair?

But............they're NO' !! So what IS your point?

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This proposal definitely isn’t fair, but would be undeniably hilarious.

Won’t go through anyway.

I'd guess a revised proposal will follow regarding reconstruction and as a result both ourselves and Falkirk will get promotion. 

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

My understanding if the rules is that 42 vote ( even although the self preservation society are already bending the voting for the top league ?)

Aye but it needs 75 percent of top flight, 75 percent of champ and 75 percent of league one and two to go through anyway.  So top flight would need 9  out of 12 to pass. Championship 8 out of 10 and seaside 15 out of 20. Any of those fail and it's basically oot the windae in it's current form.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

You would imagine Rangers and Hearts will definitely vote against it. You'd only need two others to so so too. Hopefully a non-starter.

Even if it passes the top flight, can't see Thistle and then any of the sides in playoff places voting it through in the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You would imagine Rangers and Hearts will definitely vote against it. You'd only need two others to so so too. Hopefully a non-starter.

Even if it passes the top flight, can't see Thistle and then any of the sides in playoff places voting it through in the Championship. 

Would think dundee would vote against as they are ok financially but would want promotion badly. Depends on how skint ICT are. They may be happy to take the 400k and say feck it unfortunately.  Ayr the same.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would think dundee would vote against as they are ok financially but would want promotion badly. Depends on how skint ICT are. They may be happy to take the 400k and say feck it unfortunately.  Ayr the same.

If it gets past those two tiers I think it will pass. Clubs in League Two will want to try and avoid Kelty or Brora for another year.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Apparently league reconstruction for the 20/21 season is to be put back on the cards if its whats been suggested with colts and n and s league 1 they can gtf

It's a lot of pish. If they want people to vote yes then let's talk reconstruction now. Not a maybe in 2 or 3 months once everyones voted the way they want them. 

And why are they relegating everyone but brechin? Could it be simply to get their vote counted?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

From the comment of them saying clubs will want the prize money is pretty much blackmail to me might not be the way he intended it to come out, but to say we'll give you the prize money for where you stand if you vote for the season end. The whole SPFL is pretty much becoming even more farcical the longer it goes on.  I know the situation is unprecedented but if they think there is a snowballs chance in hell of the Premiership being played till its conclusion then wheres the issue with the other leagues.

Only thing I would try and change is sneaking the play-offs into the period between June 10th and June 30th. Players would still be under contract and that would leave us with two teams (really only one in Partick) that are getting dealt a shit hand. I can't see us coming out with a smoother idea.

Top at end of quarter one. Top at end of quarter two. Top at end of quarter three. Top on the criteria being used by SPFL . How is it unfair? The season can’t be finished so what’s your solution?

Finish it when safe to do so. Delay the start of the next one and shorten it accordingly.

Absolute disgrace, quite happy to decide on ourselves, airdrie, ICT, partick etc but no decision on top league, don't want to upset rangers or celtic unless we can blame UEFA. Shows exactly why scottish football is the way it is. Don't think it'll get through but the special treatment for top league is shocking but not surprising. 

1 hour ago, JinkyBairn said:

Any Raith boi believing that this is a fair proposal are in denial.

Of course it isn't fair. Nothing short of seeing out the rest of the games would be fair. That's the issue though.  To read some of the quotes in the press, as well as Doncaster's own comments, the suggestion is that we are looking at something like 12 weeks lockdown, so June before anyone is going back to work. It'll be longer than that before mass spectator events are allowed. 

At that point you have three options as far as I can see.

1) Since we'll be into what would be the pre season for next season anyway. We append the remaining games onto the start of next season, truncating that season and probably not running the league cup (where would we fit the fixtures in?). League stays on ice until then and no prize money is given out. The issue with that is going back with drastically different squads put together in very much different financial circumstances, assuming there is still all the clubs available to fulfill the fixtures. That just piles uncertainty on, and makes the last games fairly arbitrary.

The next two options involve starting next season as near to as when it should've started as possible, which means finishing this season one way or the other. It also means between our two clubs, one of us gets screwed.

Option 2) then is as the SPFL has suggested is complete the season now. Promote and relegate in terms of 1st and last places and dole out the prize money on places as they are. Screws over teams in tight relegation battles as well as those sitting in the promotion play off spots. Allows the prospect of league reconstruction based on those same placings for next season which would alleviate some of the screwing Falkirk are currently in line for.

Option 3) Null and Void: bin the whole thing. Has the advantage of simplicity. SPFL seems to suggest that not completing the season means not being able to pay out prize money, or at the very least, being open to serious contactual issues and possible litigation if they do. If there is no final placings, if the season to all intents and purposes didnt happen, it makes league reconstruction harder to justify (unless teams were invited into higher leagues by some metric other than league placing, see if you can win support for that)

On the whole, option 2 looks like the best bet for satisfying most teams (unless you are Hearts, Partick or Stranraer) with the massive caveat that reconstruction has to happen for the 2020/21 season.

I realise that self interest is at work and any comments from a Rovers fan will be treated with suspicion. If we were second it'd be a hard yin to swallow, I'd want more guarantees of league reconstruction to go with that vote. I'd want the two votes linked. If it truly is the case that we cant pay put the prize money for  null and void I dont see how any one could seriously entertain that in the current environment.

FWIW, no Rovers fan I know wants this. We all want the proper title race, win or lose. We've all been spending the autumn obsessively doing permutations in our head of how we win it, I bet we've all imagine a Baird 90th minute winner at your gaff to win it, and just as likely a McManus brace on the same day to sink us.

We wont get the trophy, there will be no title celebrations. Our little C next to our club name will forever come with an asterix. It will mean little in the grand scheme of things. Its fucking shite.

How would you vote though?

If I was pars chairman I would vote against because it means losing dundee united and Falkirk. We also have a very slim chance of making the playoffs.
Flip side we get hearts down and rovers up.
Slightly worse off.

If you're league one side chairman would you not vote for because it means the team with the biggest support stays in your league?

Clubs will vote for money reasons ahead of sporting integrity.