The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Buying the place is now out of the question in light of the last few days posts. We owe the facility no loyalty goodwill or affection.

In all my 40 + years in business, have never encountered such a contrived and complicated arrangement.

Sever all ties and financial commitments to it. Our only involvement should be as a potential client hiring bits of the facility as and when required.

It would be a prudent course of action cutting our overheads on one of our largest weekly outgoings of funds.

Is that not what we do anyway? We pay to use the inside of the west stand   on matchdays from FCSL. Am I missing something here.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

The Scottish Professional Football League may test the water by declaring this season over in the Championship, League One and League Two - but defer a decision on the Premiership - with governing body Uefa preferring leagues across Europe to wait and see if seasons can be played to a finish after the coronavirus shutdown. (The Times)

unnamed.jpg

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

The Scottish Professional Football League may test the water by declaring this season over in the Championship, League One and League Two - but defer a decision on the Premiership - with governing body Uefa preferring leagues across Europe to wait and see if seasons can be played to a finish after the coronavirus shutdown. (The Times)

That will be the end for me and prof scottish football if this does happen. You cant just finish a season when you fancy it. One thing if we'd all played home and away once and that was that but you cant have a tight race decided with one side having played twice away to their league rivals and only once at home. Juniors for me if this happens.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-curtailment-of-ladbrokes-s?fbclid=IwAR1g_uaIutM9CQMudLN5O9XiKP6ifNu4znCD7bI8Ip96OLtER6QZLqLd0dc

Screws over us and Partick Thistle in a big way, I imagine it'll get voted in but I think promoting 2 from each league, cancelling relegations and running a 14 team top league for 1 season would be the best way.

The line "If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21" makes it more ambiguous which isn't helpful.

There's no good decisions at the moment but can't help but feel there's a better way.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

I simply can’t see it happening and I’m sure that the self preservation society will try and keep league intact. Only Rangers & DundeeU to worry about. Rest  of leagues they don’t give a f.... about 

God knows how they could relegate partick when they've a game in hand on queens. That would be completely farcical.

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That will be the end for me and prof scottish football if this does happen. You cant just finish a season when you fancy it. One thing if we'd all played home and away once and that was that but you cant have a tight race decided with one side having played twice away to their league rivals and only once at home. Juniors for me if this happens.

I'm happy if we base the league table on the half way point, in that case. 

Edited by CALDERON

So basically its league winners and the f**k the rest of you that had a play off spot as your not getting that chance anyway.and just got good measure we have to contend with partick in the league for when the football does resume and more than likely dare i say it a league reconstruction at the end of the following season.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is that not what we do anyway? We pay to use the inside of the west stand   on matchdays from FCSL. Am I missing something here.

Office and administration, training etc the club use it every week from July till May and you can be sure the Council are charging top whack for it. FFC should only go near the place by hiring it by the hour on matchday oh ! lets say 11am till 6pm. It will save the club a fortune over a season. 

As I have said Shadwell what has come out about the stadium on this forum over the last few days has been an eye opener. The less we have to do with the place the better. Have no affinity with it what so ever. FFC got the piss ripped out them big style in this whole business. 

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

With the announcement today it’s another season in league 1. The thought of Falkirk & Particks away support will have every chairman already preparing budgets. Can’t imagine Montrose Airdrie etc challenging the instruction 

Mega shambles awaits. There is a very good chance some clubs won't exist when it comes to putting a new league schedule together. That can only be put together when public safety permits. Can you image a Winter kick off ? It would be a commercial disaster. Sponsorship ? Budgets ? Signings ? anybody's guess. Youth and Academy players will be lost to the game and that will be felt 5-6 years later. Professional Footballers that are out of contract ain't going to hang about hoping for the best with so much uncertainty. They will leave the game for good.

Scottish Football is at a cross roads.

4 minutes ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

Top at end of quarter one. Top at end of quarter two. Top at end of quarter three. Top on the criteria being used by SPFL . How is it unfair? The season can’t be finished so what’s your solution?

Looooool.

2 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Trust it to be us in this situation. Could literally just be us. What a farce.

We have only ourselves to blame really. Had we performed to anywhere even close to expectation there would have been no issue. We've rolled over the dross at home  without breaking sweat and struggled against anyone who put up a fight or could be described as even moderately competent opposition. Nowhere near enough. Five points from a possible twenty seven against Airdrie, Clyde and Raith Rovers. Says it all. 

Top at end of quarter one. Top at end of quarter two. Top at end of quarter three. Top on the criteria being used by SPFL . How is it unfair? The season can’t be finished so what’s your solution?

Let’s flip that argument- if Raith were bottom end of quarter one. Bottom end of quarter two. Bottom at the end of quarter three BY ONE POINT. Bottom on the Criteria used by the SPFL. Would you still agree that was fair?