The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, mb1876 said:

right i havea random question. 

in the 90/91 season we played luton banik ostrava and Southampton in friendlies.  players like le tissier,  moravcik, miklosko,shearer etc.

who was it that hit the bar with a screamer from Bout 30 yards? 

Think it was Charlton instead of Luton who we played later. Don’t know about the shot but remember Shearer bagging a double and Banik Ostrava being a classy outfit.

Incidentally, Super Sam speaking at the end of his interview about how there’s something about Falkirk and people who have played for us tend to have a good feeling about the club. I would’ve totally agreed with him up until two years ago!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

44 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Think it was Charlton instead of Luton who we played later. Don’t know about the shot but remember Shearer bagging a double and Banik Ostrava being a classy outfit.

Incidentally, Super Sam speaking at the end of his interview about how there’s something about Falkirk and people who have played for us tend to have a good feeling about the club. I would’ve totally agreed with him up until two years ago!

when was Luton in a friendly. i mind Charlton too right enough and Alan shearer. cannot remember the full time scores 

38 minutes ago, mb1876 said:

when was Luton in a friendly. i mind Charlton too right enough and Alan shearer. cannot remember the full time scores 

Southampton won 2-0. Some decent games against English opposition back in the 90s: Sunderland, West Ham, Portsmouth and their noisy supporters but the best imo was the 1-1 game v Man City which I’m sure included a very skilful Kinkladze.

Southampton won 2-0. Some decent games against English opposition back in the 90s: Sunderland, West Ham, Portsmouth and their noisy supporters but the best imo was the 1-1 game v Man City which I’m sure included a very skilful Kinkladze.
Kinkladze, Goater and Rosler were the names I remmebered

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Kinkladze, Goater and Rosler were the names I remmebered

Julian Dicks a standout name in the West Ham game who scored their goal from the spot in a 1-1.

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mind playing tranmere and john Aldridge scoring from the half way line in a 4 1 pumping.

The best foreign team ever to play Falkirk was Gornik in the early 70's.

They had a centre forward called Lubanski. Did that guy have it all in spades. Pace, Two footed, Pass it short and long, Could tackle, Great in the air, Team player, Great striker of the ball, Hard as nails. It was a football education and a joy to watch a truly world class player. Remember in the Royal Bar for a few post match pints and everybody was talking about him. John Markie and George Gibson had a torrid time against him.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

They had a centre forward called Lubanski. Did that guy have it all in spades. Pace, Two footed, Pass it short and long, Could tackle, Great in the air, Team player, Great striker of the ball, Hard as nails. It was a football education and a joy to watch a truly world class player. Remember in the Royal Bar for a few post match pints and everybody was talking about him. John Markie and George Gibson had a torrid time against him.

Some team in that era.  They demolished us at Ibrox in 1969 with 1-3 flattering us.  Was the first time I'd seen us dismantled like that.  Lubanski waltzed through our defence for a goal:

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How long before sandy Alexander's paid off?

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We rent it - not a mortgage

Note in the 2018-2019 books, the going rate was £97.5k, and £22.5k was deferred till year end...if the Stadium Corp owns it, whyas FFC paying South Stand Development instead of it being part of the rent for the stadium?

P.S. The Satdium Corp loses about £200k+ a year, and hasn't retired the prefered debt, as contracted because of such.

Edited by TxRover

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Some team in that era.  They demolished us at Ibrox in 1969 with 1-3 flattering us.  Was the first time I'd seen us dismantled like that.  Lubanski waltzed through our defence for a goal:

What was frightening was it always looked like they could go up a couple of gears. Some goal he scored there, even under pressure he did what he wanted to do when he wanted to do it.

45 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Note in the 2018-2019 books, the going rate was £97.5k, and £22.5k was deferred till year end...if the Stadium Corp owns it, whyas FFC paying South Stand Development instead of it being part of the rent for the stadium?

P.S. The Satdium Corp loses about £200k+ a year, and hasn't retired the prefered debt, as contracted because of such.

Suspect the South Stand Development is leased from the Community Stadium Company. Nothing is clear cut and what is published is open to interpretation. The more you look at it the more it is obvious it is to cut all ties with the company.   Rent for the match day picking and choosing the capacity game by game. Offices above a club shop in the High Street and train at Stirling University.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

The community stadium company dont own any of the football elements. They only own the revenue areas. The council owns the community stadium company which runs those areas. Falkirk fc  own the football bits and the area where the 4th stand is to be built and  pay the money for the south stand to Sandy Alexander or south stand development Ltd which he is a director of. We pay 75k a year rent for that. Not sure what the 22.5k balance is for though as we have regularly paid around the 75k in rent and certainly not 97.5k.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The community stadium company dont own any of the football elements. They only own the revenue areas. The council owns the community stadium company which runs those areas. Falkirk fc  own the football bits and the area where the 4th stand is to be built and  pay the money for the south stand to Sandy Alexander or south stand development Ltd which he is a director of. We pay 75k a year rent for that. Not sure what the 22.5k balance is for though as we have regularly paid around the 75k in rent and certainly not 97.5k.

South Stand Development ltd is Sandy Alexander and, because he is a major shareholder of FFC, we are required to make a note of these rent payments which are £75k per annum. Apparently we were due £22500 at the year end. Just a timing matter, no big deal.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I think we played them twice.

Fabulous team and I agree about Lubanski.

I recall that one of our few successes was Jim Shirra but I may be wrong.

9 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

South Stand Development ltd is Sandy Alexander and, because he is a major shareholder of FFC, we are required to make a note of these rent payments which are £75k per annum. Apparently we were due £22500 at the year end. Just a timing matter, no big deal.

So was that part of the 75k then? It just hadn't been paid in full yet? And any idea why this is a rent and not us paying it off. 75k a year is basically dead money otherwise.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

18 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Again without the speculation or facts, it may be that under the terms of ownership/contracts with the stadium company, renting may have only been the only option, however if we are paying £75K/year, what a drain of money going to a landlord who effectively gets the costs for the original build forever more ?

Dont think the community stadium company have anything to do with the south stand.  

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Sorry missed Dawson Park confirming earlier post. So as far as the south stand is concerned the South Stand Development Ltd is SA  who is one of our major shareholders ?

Yes.

I don’t know the terms of the lease between FFC and SA(SSDL).

Would be interesting to know?

11 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think we played them twice.

Fabulous team and I agree about Lubanski.

I recall that one of our few successes was Jim Shirra but I may be wrong.

To be blunt - we were outclassed in every department. It always looked they had a couple of gears to go up if they wanted. That was about 50 years ago ! that alone indicates how impressive they were.