The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Something like this opposite the main stand would be ideal.

Paul Groundtastic on Twitter: "Some super grounds have been lost ...

That really is one of the most evocative images you can show me of times gone by. Taken from where I used to stand when I went with my dad, looking down towards where I stood once I started going with my pals. 

I hope that picture never ceases to make me feel warm and fuzzy

Yes. I walk past it to every game and the slope from Left to Right (in the picture) is pronounced. When it rains there's a huge puddle covers the right hand side of the pitch for almost it's entire length, but biggest at the far right hand corner. 

48 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Yes. I walk past it to every game and the slope from Left to Right (in the picture) is pronounced. When it rains there's a huge puddle covers the right hand side of the pitch for almost it's entire length, but biggest at the far right hand corner. 

Fortunately we live in a dry, warm climate. 

12 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What did you suggest a few months ago mate ? That Fash was a talented player but a greedy b*****d that wanted to make as much money as possible for as little effort possible ?

Just that he wanted to be back close to home(happens to a lot of players at ICT & Ross County which is why they offer houses to live in as sweetners) he wasn't getting a game at ICT and wanted easier life.

He said East Fife were in for him and he was torn between them and Kelty, can only guess cash and/or bonus was greater at Kelty.

He is back doing what he was doing in his amateur days as a day job, so perhaps now topping his ICT wage.

Although his time at Falkirk wasn't really successful for him, he does speak quite fondly about the club and I guessed his most influential captain would be McCracken.

I reckon he would've scored a barrow load in league 1 but it's the niggly injuries he seems to carry higher up the ladder. I really thought he would come back to haunt us but he seems to settled into part time football now.

FFS

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Would you include the rust on the underside of the corrugated roof ! Used to be a good laugh when the ball hit the roof and the rust rained down on all and sundry. Happy memories !

That was the old roof that sloped from back to front, not the new roof here that slopes from front to back.

3 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Leaving enough room for a 4th stand if ever that became viable.

No 4th stand until FFC own the stadium, car park and surrounding land outright. FFC got well and truly screwed over Westfield. We should never have allowed that ego trip of a main stand to be build. Far to big could have got another stand built for the same money. 

53 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Incompetence at the highest level when the deal was brokered with Morrison’s for our beloved site, we allowed people with limited knowledge signing long term contractual agreements which they were simply out their depth, today and for years to come we suffer. If there was a case for renegotiation nothing like the present time.

Yes ! it would be an opportune moment to make a casher one off offer to the Council to buy the Stadium Company outright. Along the lines of ' Hey Council since we moved to Westfield we have paid you X mount. Know you are strapped for cash so 1.5 million in your bank tomorrow and FFC own the Stadium-Car park and surrounding land. How about it' They would bite your hand off.  Money is cheap to borrow, what we pay the stadium company every month would more than cover say a 20 year payback period. We would also have an asset to borrow funds on in the future.

That really is one of the most evocative images you can show me of times gone by. Taken from where I used to stand when I went with my dad, looking down towards where I stood once I started going with my pals. 
I hope that picture never ceases to make me feel warm and fuzzy

Did every one of us stand at the same barrier?