The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

That quiz was really good tonight. Hopefully see more things like that.

Again fair play to the club and announcer, quiz was very enjoyable. Club have been doing the right things during the lockdown, want to get us fans onside as it's tough going at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Is this the game where Higgy had a total heads gone?

Doesn't really narrow it down much tbh.

My boy Gasparotto in the starting XI was something I could do without tbh. A big useless blob.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Muirhead is far preferable to Doyle and is better than any centre back we have on our books.

That being said he still wasnt the greatest CB which is pretty much an indication of how far we have fell.

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Reruns a great thing to keep Saturdays in some sort of routine.

How many of the current squad would get into the team of todays game ?

McManus, Miller and Gomis and possibly Louis would also have Mutch in there with his form this season.

Edited by AL-FFC

Mutch definitely, miller wouldn't as you have him a few years younger already playing, gomis maybe, McManus or baird would be close. The thing from watching today's game that got me was Austin, seen him start a few games in the reserves and he looked like the next big thing but he not only never kicked on, he seemed to go backwards. 

Mutch definitely, miller wouldn't as you have him a few years younger already playing, gomis maybe, McManus or baird would be close. The thing from watching today's game that got me was Austin, seen him start a few games in the reserves and he looked like the next big thing but he not only never kicked on, he seemed to go backwards. 
He looked shot to pieces at the end of Houston/beginning of Hartley time. Whatever went on over that time period, young Fash wanted none of it. His play on the park degenerated into an embarrassing dive fest.

Prior to that, he had a real knack for being in the right place at the right time and looked like he would develop into at the very least a very good striker for the level. Awkward, difficult to play against, could have learned an awful lot from BSLM under different circumstances because that brand of guile and shithousery was what he needed to add to his game

Listened to Fash interview on CFB, he came across quite well and confirmed what I suggested a good few month ago regarding his career move to Kelty.

He also confirmed from a players point of view that Hartley was a w**k.

I think you need talent first of all but a nasty streak and also a hunger to be successful at a decent level towards the top of the game, without it and you will do an Austin.

The thing we had in the Houston squad was a good togetherness, everyone knowing their job,under McKinnon we were a team of individuals. 

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Listened to Fash interview on CFB, he came across quite well and confirmed what I suggested a good few month ago regarding his career move to Kelty.

He also confirmed from a players point of view that Hartley was a w**k.

I think you need talent first of all but a nasty streak and also a hunger to be successful at a decent level towards the top of the game, without it and you will do an Austin.

The thing we had in the Houston squad was a good togetherness, everyone knowing their job,under McKinnon we were a team of individuals. 

What did you suggest a few months ago mate ? That Fash was a talented player but a greedy b*****d that wanted to make as much money as possible for as little effort possible ?

We got 1K for a 50/50 half time draw for a non existent game.

Hate to say it - (no I really don't) -f**k the rest and the SFA  but we need to use this  current situation to improve us - leverage our support .

I'm up for buying a team above us and shutting them down.

Watching reruns just isn't the same. Can't wait to get back to this place on a Saturday :wub:

1215476755_ScreenShot2020-04-04at17_35_07.thumb.png.de4f2adb1d8f7973a639e2827bbbdc37.png

I thought that bit between the stadium and the new Astro park was an extension of the car park, looks like wasteland! Miss the place.

4 hours ago, BudBairn said:

I thought that bit between the stadium and the new Astro park was an extension of the car park, looks like wasteland! Miss the place.

It’s home of our club but when I see it like that the first word I think of is - lopsided. Oh to have a complete stadium, even a basic but safe terracing.

42 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It’s home of our club but when I see it like that the first word I think of is - lopsided. Oh to have a complete stadium, even a basic but safe terracing.

Something like this opposite the main stand would be ideal.

Paul Groundtastic on Twitter: "Some super grounds have been lost ...