The Falkirk FC Thread

This is the start of it , Bein Sports suspending payments to the French league as they cannot finish the season for the foreseeable future.

Bein also pay a hefty amount for the EFL games and the SPFL . I bet Sky and BT are watching this.

If the leagues go null and void it will have a truly massive financial impact on English football & to a lesser extent Scotland.

For these reasons it won't be declared null and void IMHO.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/ligue-1-to-lose-tv-rights-payment/178839

I would be more worried about my own club surviving this if i was you, even with the money raised and placing the players on furlough you still dont know if you will be able to foot the other 20% of the players wages, lucky for you there is no ten point deduction:

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-place-squad-furlough-coronavirus-shutdown-hits-finances-2526639

In all seriousness a massive % of businesses won’t be paying the 20%

Cant see anything at all changing till the furlough period ends. But see once it does, the big boys like EPL and even our Premiership will find a way to be ok. Even if it means getting games played behind closed doors. But clubs at our level are going to get fucked by virtue of having to pay out players wages to fulfil the fixtures with no revenue streams.

The pressure on the govt to get football moving will be almost as big as any other industry is applying, but I reckon the way in which they will end up doing it will be an absolute killer for clubs below premier level

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

For me I hope the TV companies go the full distance. The salaries paid to players in the EPL are simply obscene and immoral, and fed up watching these guys cheat and fake injury game after game and to a lesser extent down through to the national leagues. A recent article about the English fifth tier confirming average salaries of £80K to £120K just mind blowing. Hope reality hits them full on. Our authorities? as previously posted 42 clubs and we have two senior authorities running our game, an absurd and absolute joke, jobs for the boys ? and a cut of 10% ? Can’t make it up, when most of the 42 clubs facing severe financial restraints and many chairman just waiting on the gun being fired, A chance in a lifetime to restructure but what will we do........

Today’s English press:

Premier League executives from all 20 clubs are preparing for a showdown video conference on Friday afternoon, but there are growing concerns that football authorities will be unable to formulate a plan to salvage the season.

And according to the Athletic, as the top-flight desperately scrambles to finish the season, one club has even suggested exploring the feasibility of completing it over 5,000 miles away.

When you look at Tottenhams example they slashed the staffs wages by 50 per cent and havent even asked the players to take a cut but they are also furloughing players salarys if ever the EPL needs a long hard look at itself its right now.  Non playing staff wages cuts and over inflated players salarys remain untouched i dont think so.

20 hours ago, BudBairn said:

Documentary any good?

I really enjoyed it.

The second series just out this week, starting with the Jack Ross appointment.

Would recommend watching series one first though if you haven't seen it.

I didn’t realise Stuart Cosgrove was our new chairman!

Stuart Cosgrove would be an upgrade. In all seriousness seems like a decent if incredibly boring guy. Looks like he’s 75 and dresses like he gave up his bus pass many moons ago.
Don’t expect anything too exciting I’m afraid ! He did hint that they have some plans to widen the ownership and bring in new shareholders. Again nothing new or exciting and I think they will struggle to get more financial support from a community that’s been fkd by the virus.
Maybe we will have to accept that for the foreseeable future our focus will be on survival in any league. The days of being in the top 6 in the premiership will be more likely to come about if others crumble quicker than we do rather than anything else.
It looks like we now have jobbers in the board room as well as on the park!
I can now see how the bullshit that MC driveled got some credence for a bit . Deary deary me oh for the days of crunchie Simon Baptiie farid latapy Sibald or any decent prospect of something worthwhile to watch !

35 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Stuart Cosgrove would be an upgrade. In all seriousness seems like a decent if incredibly boring guy. Looks like he’s 75 and dresses like he gave up his bus pass many moons ago.
Don’t expect anything too exciting I’m afraid ! He did hint that they have some plans to widen the ownership and bring in new shareholders. Again nothing new or exciting and I think they will struggle to get more financial support from a community that’s been fkd by the virus.
Maybe we will have to accept that for the foreseeable future our focus will be on survival in any league. The days of being in the top 6 in the premiership will be more likely to come about if others crumble quicker than we do rather than anything else.
It looks like we now have jobbers in the board room as well as on the park!
I can now see how the bullshit that MC driveled got some credence for a bit . Deary deary me oh for the days of crunchie Simon Baptiie farid latapy Sibald or any decent prospect of something worthwhile to watch !

The remaining games in this season could be completed in a 5-6 week spell. In that time span its neither here not there in the scheme of things. Bit of vision from the blazers now could give a bit certainty so clubs can take the appropriate action to save themselves.

It's all about dates when normal life returns. 

SFA/SPFL state.

4 week spell for signings, training, warm up games and stadium/pitch repairs.

6 week spell to complete 19-20 season

2 week further signing window and close down.

Shortened 20-21 season or cup competitions cancelled or overrun into summer football or a mixture of these options. 

One ruling body put in place and league reconstruction for 21-22 season.

Not perfect ! far from it but it would be certainty where the game was going and action can be taken to save what can be saved.

Something has to be done for young players who are going to be lost to the game unless something is done to give them help. Bounce games- Training facilities- Mini regional leagues with say a 21 year old  age limit. Anything to put them in the shop window as be in no doubt there will be a talent vacuum in 4-5 years time if nothing is done.

Thoughts anybody !

18 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I would be more worried about my own club surviving this if i was you, even with the money raised and placing the players on furlough you still dont know if you will be able to foot the other 20% of the players wages, lucky for you there is no ten point deduction:

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-place-squad-furlough-coronavirus-shutdown-hits-finances-2526639

I am far from sanguine about the situation, and this one too seems traditional now.

I’m considering the whole payments rebate thing, and wonder if there isn’t another consideration. While I don’t like/support null and void, if it was done and sponsors money was demanded back, it would likely kill some teams. Are the sponsors willing to take the hit as being the black hats that killed “X” and “Y”? I see football being much more a part of British life than French, for instance, and the local teams as having an almost talismanic existence for many locales.

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

In all seriousness a massive % of businesses won’t be paying the 20%

Are we making up the 20% or more to normal salary ?  I’d be surprised if we were and could afford to. The interview said “almost all” had been furloughed, so some obviously are not.

13 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

This is the start of it , Bein Sports suspending payments to the French league as they cannot finish the season for the foreseeable future.

Bein also pay a hefty amount for the EFL games and the SPFL . I bet Sky and BT are watching this.

If the leagues go null and void it will have a truly massive financial impact on English football & to a lesser extent Scotland.

For these reasons it won't be declared null and void IMHO.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/ligue-1-to-lose-tv-rights-payment/178839

The TV companies will have a firm grip on the baws in any case what happens down the line. A delayed kick off for next season, lesser game season, dropping a cup, European competitions in disarray and internationals will have them holding cash for a long time yet.

It will be the EPL who suffer the most, I'm sure season tickets were a very very small percent of their incomes with TV and sponsorship being the biggest earner.

I can see the EPL either doing closed door games or something out the ordinary to complete the season, Scotland could get away with null and void quite easily.

Uefa are seemingly beiling and in talks with Belgian authorities with their decision to award Club Bruges the championship, they wanted unity within the end result throughout Europe.

39 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Are we making up the 20% or more to normal salary ?  I’d be surprised if we were and could afford to. The interview said “almost all” had been furloughed, so some obviously are not.

We're topping up to 100 percent. You cant furlough all your staff as you still need some to keep the club going in the mean time.

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're topping up to 100 percent. You cant furlough all your staff as you still need some to keep the club going in the mean time.

Well impressed the club are making up the difference, haven’t heard of many companies doing more than the government 80% or £2500 maximum 

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Hats off to Bruge grew a pair an used them, how refreshing in our beautiful game that they didn’t use “ UEFA” a corporation filled with corrupt blazers. 

The Belgian league isn't depending on TV rights from anyone other than Belgium and been all paid up probably key.

They haven't decided on relegation as of yet and by fuk their league is worse than Scotland's top league in regards of split.

Top 6 split to decide positions and bottom 8 to decide 1 relegation spotPlay-offs I (also known as the title playoffs) are contested by the top-six clubs in the regular season, with each club playing each other twice. Play-offs II (also known as the Europa League playoff) are contested by teams ranked 7 to 16 in the regular season, divided in four groups of four teams playing each other twice (six teams from the Belgian First Division B also take part in playoff II). The team finishing in 16th place is relegated