The Falkirk FC Thread

Id hoped Dean's would've answered why the numbers in China are falling....

The only information the statement gave to me was that we are taking advantage of the government scheme and making up the difference. 

The whole content is really all that can be said as football/sport is currently in lockdown.

The next one should be when our governing body reveal the outcome/plans of this season.

58 minutes ago, MrDust said:

They have no idea at the moment regarding relegation tbough

Thing is with the amount of games played and left to play it is still mathematically possible for Hearts to stay up the only basis they have for accepting relegation is they are shite not to mention them asking players to accept a 50 per cent cut in wages (they obviously learned nothing the last time)  and well seeing they are not deducting the 10 points for any club going into administration this time.  If the SPFL call a halt to the season and leave the season as it stands as there are clubs that still have it to play for and leagues still to be decided or is this another one of those time we are AGAIN to be shafted over a promotion.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Thing is with the amount of games played and left to play it is still mathematically possible for Hearts to stay up the only basis they have for accepting relegation is they are shite not to mention them asking players to accept a 50 per cent cut in wages (they obviously learned nothing the last time)  and well seeing they are not deducting the 10 points for any club going into administration this time.  If the SPFL call a halt to the season and leave the season as it stands as there are clubs that still have it to play for and leagues still to be decided or is this another one of those time we are AGAIN to be shafted over a promotion.

My comment was regarding the Belgian governing body, they have handed out championship but not decided on relegation yet.

We know the top league split is a different game in the bottom half bar the Elvis season, we were goners in Yogis last season, could've relegated St Mirren and took it to a one game decider with ICT.

It wouldn't be a shock if Hearts got out of it.

Gordon Smith suggesting 3 league's of 14 might be a decent way forward if it's not a closed shop to the top league.

I'd go with 2 automatic promotion/relegations and third bottom playing 4th league below over two games and one off game of the winners versus 3rd throughout the league's bar relegation in bottom tier.

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

My comment was regarding the Belgian governing body, they have handed out championship but not decided on relegation yet.

We know the top league split is a different game in the bottom half bar the Elvis season, we were goners in Yogis last season, could've relegated St Mirren and took it to a one game decider with ICT.

It wouldn't be a shock if Hearts got out of it.

Gordon Smith suggesting 3 league's of 14 might be a decent way forward if it's not a closed shop to the top league.

I'd go with 2 automatic promotion/relegations and third bottom playing 4th league below over two games and one off game of the winners versus 3rd throughout the league's bar relegation in bottom tier.

Agree with you on that one not sure if they are going to try the proposal that  i had posted on the other thread if they went for that it would be even more of a closed shop than it is already if they go for restructure keep it as 3 leagues of 14 dont go with the plan of breaking league 1 into n and s and a split with the top 6 of the premiership splitting with the bottom 8 and top 2 of the championship into an SPL2 with everyone having play offs.

Only way they are going to get round any of this is with a force majeure in regards to the TV contract.

Edited by AL-FFC

I said a while ago that I couldn't be bothered trying to work out how to finish the leagues before we actually knew a possible timeline to some sort of normality and how many teams actually survive this, its too far away still.

You never know this might be the opportunity for the two Glasgow teams to join the English leagues if it goes belly up down there in finances and they need to bring something to the table in the TV deal down there, then hopefully we can try and get some fairness in the Scottish game.

Long shot, but who knows what will eventually happen.

Just now, Super Tuesday said:

I said a while ago that I couldn't be bothered trying to work out how to finish the leagues before we actually knew a possible timeline to some sort of normality and how many teams actually survive this, its too far away still.

You never know this might be the opportunity for the two Glasgow teams to join the English leagues if it goes belly up down there in finances and they need to bring something to the table in the TV deal down there, then hopefully we can try and get some fairness in the Scottish game.

Long shot, but who knows what will eventually happen.

Posted that on the other thread most of the EPL clubs are financially fucked without the TV money they want something different they get the OF in the EPL and they get there OF derby's OF are happy the TV companies are happy and dare say some of the EPL are happy.

where does that leave us well with the restructuring of the league plan they want to introduce 2 colt teams to the lower leagues IF the OF piss off down south does that mean the colt teams take their places in the Premiership or do they start at the bottom to work their way up the leagues.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

It is tradition, after all.

I would be more worried about my own club surviving this if i was you, even with the money raised and placing the players on furlough you still dont know if you will be able to foot the other 20% of the players wages, lucky for you there is no ten point deduction:

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-place-squad-furlough-coronavirus-shutdown-hits-finances-2526639

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I would be more worried about my own club surviving this if i was you, even with the money raised and placing the players on furlough you still dont know if you will be able to foot the other 20% of the players wages, lucky for you there is no ten point deduction:

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-place-squad-furlough-coronavirus-shutdown-hits-finances-2526639

No ten point deduction for what? 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

No ten point deduction for what? 

clubs going into administration (if it came to that) which i dont think it will.

I do think all the clubs will survive but some are going to take a bigger hit and have to rethink their business model after this is done i.e. Hearts for a start.

5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As previously posted this season will be cancelled, what the authorities decide to do will be very interesting as it either gives Celtic nine in a row, with Rangers probably applying the 9 - 1 voting rule, then it’s a lottery in our leagues. My guess is simply to nullify and repeat this season next season. 

I'll go with the null and void for the season and depending what side any of the OF support are one gets to say 9 in a row and the others getting to say it was null and void and didnt count status quo remains and Hearts stay up.