The Falkirk FC Thread

Here's the perfect solution being discussed by the NRL (rugby league in Australia).

House all players on a remote tropical island and ferry them over for matches on the nearby mainland then back again.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/coronavirus-covid-19-tangalooma-resort-moreton-island-plan-chris-johns/9c088e5f-a110-4d71-ad51-5578c5d74549

I'm sure Scottish Football could find somewhere similar just off the coast - what about St Kilda? 

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Here's the perfect solution being discussed by the NRL (rugby league in Australia).

House all players on a remote tropical island and ferry them over for matches on the nearby mainland then back again.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/coronavirus-covid-19-tangalooma-resort-moreton-island-plan-chris-johns/9c088e5f-a110-4d71-ad51-5578c5d74549

I'm sure Scottish Football could find somewhere similar just off the coast - what about St Kilda? 

How can it be remote but the mainland nearby? :unsure2:

Anyway, I'd be up for this plan providing we can leave some of them over there.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52122822

Dundee Utd, latest from them , guess it’s now only a matter of time that the whole of Scottish Football will be Furlough.

( if there’s anything to be gained it basically means that any club can now get rid of anyone without any legal complications)

This is so sad. Employees at football clubs that are only contracted to the end of the season will be in despair. End of May Furlough for them ends and they are out the door with no income or redundancy. Clubs in dire financial straights will be in no state to sign those without a club having know idea when games and income will start again. Youth and academy players will be let go and many lost to the game before they even got a break in the game to show what they can do.

This is where the ruling bodies of the game in Scotland ( god help us ) should take the initiative or clubs and players will not be around. If they don't then the clubs should and put the old firm and the blazers in their place. Come up with a proposal for a new football structure in Scotland with a fairer share of income. New league structure and other reforms. Put that to the SFA and SPFL with a take it or leave it or we are off to form our own association. Rangers and Celtic would girn but would have no choice but to conform. The blazers like the perks of being blazers and would roll over before they are shown the door in due course as the chancers we all know they are. All that is needed is the collective will and a figurehead to do it. 

Listening to the radio earlier saying the FA are being critical of teams releasing non playing  staff without players taking pay cuts to which they cut to Kris Boyd for his opinion which he basically summed up why should football players take a cut not all of them are millionaires (some have pissed their career against a wall and gambled it away though)

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Listening to the radio earlier saying the FA are being critical of teams releasing non playing  staff without players taking pay cuts to which they cut to Kris Boyd for his opinion which he basically summed up why should football players take a cut not all of them are millionaires (some have pissed their career against a wall and gambled it away though)

Kris Boyd is a complete, utter and total numbskull. It is beyond belief that he has somehow managed to carve himself a career in the media. Idiot.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Well written HSW, unfortunately the teams in the top league rely on the income that the Old Firm generate, apart from maybe three/four teams. Until we fully recycle the strategies and mindsets we are stuck with what we’ve got. How many teams in Scotland have went to the brink and over up chasing the money ? Sevco Hearts.......spring to mind, with at least another four/five, add on the additional teams that have millions ploughed in Aberdeen Dundee Hibs etc what a sorry state we are in. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/52104196

No surprise 

If they had the courage to see beyond the next season and take a long term view then change is possible.

Major sporting and social events cancelled such as the Euro championship-Edinburgh Fringe-Tennis so forget  even starting football again till later in the year. Winter kick off ? best of luck with that one. If the teams don't take unified action there will be many old clubs may fold and that goes for the top division as well. If nothing is done then there will be restructuring all right. Raking through the ashes of what is left of Scottish Football and scrape together a couple of leagues. Even then what is left will be on their financial uppers for years. Lower sponsorship, Advertising, Crowds and faster decline in standards of what is being offered will follow.

There must be custodians of football clubs that see this happening in front of their eyes. Scottish Football Clubs needs a non old firm unifying figurehead to lead them in transforming the game ready to implement after this human tragedy is resolved. Whoever it is would have every professional football player and the supporters behind them.

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

£762 Million at the mercy of completing the season on time. £3 Billion new deal to be signed by 16th July - not a hope in hell , this will determine what happens within football in UK ( and Scotland)

Did not know that. Wow some big names in English football are f****d lot of players on long contracts 600k+ a month. As for Scotland sales of pampers at Ibrox must be soaring !

I know I am being hugely naive and idealistic but wouldn't it be great for football if the obscene salaries earned by the show ponies and fixers at the top of the game collapsed to a level that they had to sell off one or two of their Bugattis and had to get by on merely six figure annual salaries.

It really is quite disgusting that top clubs are looking to furlough staff who earn in a year what these guys pull in in a couple of days.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

I know I am being hugely naive and idealistic but wouldn't it be great for football if the obscene salaries earned by the show ponies and fixers at the top of the game collapsed to a level that they had to sell off one or two of their Bugattis and had to get by on merely six figure annual salaries.
It really is quite disgusting that top clubs are looking to furlough staff who earn in a year what these guys pull in in a couple of days.

It’s never going to change , it’s market forces that allow a tiny majority rake it in . It’s the same in any sport that can pull in the TV cash. Unfortunately nobody other than us diehards would pay money to watch football at our level .

5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Can’t remember the young guy we got from Chelsea a season ago, but remember reading an article that Chelsea have a financial cap on all youth levels but astonished that at 21 level think it was a flat rate 7.5k/per wk. Once you consider add/ons etc, you can see where the greed disease starts.

Will Vaulks who will always be one off my favourite players, alluded to the riches when he got his first move.

Ruben Sammut and on the note of youths see Sevco are now wanting to use this as an excuse for change to introduce a Sevco B side into the SPFL again they must be praying for a wee team to go bust so they can shoehorn this idea again.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

With any luck this will be the moment the EPL pops. Very rarely watch it now along with the CL.

Same here.

I didn't watch one CL match last season , not even the final and not seen any this season.

I detest the EPL, it's greedy clubs  & the prima donna players on stupid wages (Paul Pogba symbolizes it for me)  - the Championship is the best league in Britain

If the TV companies go broke the whole EPL bubble will burst , which can only really happen if the economy collapses because of say a global pandemic or something. 

10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I even dislike myself for writing this, but my guess there will be many casualties in the near future, which our SFA will do nothing about, and watch the bigot bro’s wrestle in. 

Thing is someone posted a while back that 42 senior clubs is too many for a wee country like ours, it isn't really and if the masses stopped their bigotry and glory hunting and actually weren't sheep for a change and followed their local club, Scottish football wouldn't be in the shite state its in without needing to pandering to the arsecheeks with the we will do anything you want to stay in the Scottish leagues.  If either of the arsecheeks got the go ahead to field B teams in the SPFL you can guarantee the OF would ;push for the chance to play in England or the Atlantic league would rear its head again  so we lose the less affordable bigots to get bigots on the cheep to enhance the leagues.  i would be quite happy for both of them to never darken the footsteps of Scottish football again but Doncaster pretty much f**ked that up with the club didn't die it was the holding company with his handling of Sevco and their incarnation how long did THE Rangers name last ?

Edited by AL-FFC

22 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The SPFL bosses may have to make a unilateral decision to declare the Scottish football season is over - because England's biggest clubs are running scared from a catastrophic £1 billion coronavirus cancellation bill. (Daily Record)

Basically they are shitting themselves to make a decision on there own as its going to piss off someone. If the FA make a decision on the EPL then they can follow suit in that one but given theres not as much money in the game here we wont have anywhere near the collapse of the EPL given how much clubs down south owe this really does look like its going to eb sell the OF to the EPL for a lucrative payday and we end up with with the B sides as a compromise for them pissing off.

You just know this is going to force this agenda through

Good of the club to release this and good to see the club honouring the players wages with the furlough so they don't get a  salary cut, regardless of what your thoughts are of the guy its better than what we have had in the past:

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I even dislike myself for writing this, but my guess there will be many casualties in the near future, which our SFA will do nothing about, and watch the bigot bro’s wrestle in. 

Reasonable update from the club, fair and compassionate to those employed by FFC. Questions though !  1. Miller and McCracken are out of contract at the end of May. What is their future with the club ? 2. Has contact been made with the Community Stadium Company to renegotiate the terms of leasing the facility. If so what was the result of the negotiations ? 3. Are there any players out of contract at the end of the season that the club are negotiating with ? 4. You stated that you have been in discussions with other clubs. Is there going to be a unified policy to force the hand of the ruling body to restructure Scottish football ?

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Welcome the statement and hopeful that we are finally getting straight and meaningful and truthful information after a few poor years.
I really don’t think he could give much more information as I suspect there will be negotiations & a complex situation with agents with current contracts etc.

I ain’t no lawyer but I’m assuming that all the current squad and staff have accepted being Furloughed, therefore a massive outward  financial cost saving.

What really surprises me, that we are more or saying that in terms of operating we are still financially sound at present when a hella lot of teams are setting up go fund etc. 

Agree ! On the next statement made maybe they will address issues in a bit more detail.  Bold move would be to offer the Council a one off casher to buy the stadium company outright.  Cynical ? Yes, but it would send a message.