The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

“Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin says the current football season could be lost if it cannot be restarted by the end of June.”

Above quote from senior figure within EUFA. Coupled with the current unprecedented world Pandemic, and the horrendous situation developing in the UK, in my opinion and as recently posted I honestly can’t see the remaining games being played out.
Like everything in today’s world, there will probably be a vague statement/instruction  from the top dogs and the fine tuning left to our SFA/SPFL.

Our authorities will be praying that the instructions will be from UEFA and as suggested “ the season will be lost”

Guess one of the questions will be that ; Season 19/20 simply didn’t exist and all league standings remain but no prizes, no promotion and no relegation ? Interesting  times ahead...... 

The league season is savable as Uefa state. The reasoning of June is logical. When football restarts there are about 8-10 games left in most the leagues. They could be played over a 4-5 week period. Before that could be done there would have to be a 5-6 week shutdown to enable the must happens to happen. ie Pitches to be brought up to standard. Stadium refurbished / repaired. Player contracts will be a mess with the in -outs and the negotiations that go along with that. Then there is training and warm up games to get the squad season ready and match sharp. So when the authorities allow normal life its 9-11 weeks before season 21-22 starts.  So season 19-20 played to a conclusion in September. 2 week shutdown due to 2-3 games a week in the last month. 21-22 season kick off mid October. Don't have one of the cup competitions and the possibility of a short season for example one home won away. You could complete the season by May.

If the football authorities in Scotland had a bit of vision about them ( which they don't ) This turmoil could be an opportunity to create a new football structure for the game in Scotland. Sadly I can't see that happening as vested interests will demand the status quo.

Thoughts anybody ?

On 28/03/2020 at 12:27, Dawson Park Boy said:

No need to go to those lengths.

You can save the gas.

Just let them go about their normal lives rather than imprisoning them as is happening at the moment (I’m included) and as a consequence reducing their lifespan.

22 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So, if you get this thing then, would we be right to assume that you'll refuse any treatment and just go about your normal life? 

I think you may have forgotten to answer me?

48 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think you may have forgotten to answer me?

If I developed this disease, then, like everyone else I would be entitled to and would accept any treatment available.

I think we’ve done this to death yesterday.

Im having a break which I thought you might appreciate.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Can rule out anything during this horrendous time, however after listening to various news stations today, it’s ever increasingly likely that were about to enter into a prolonged period of lockdown. Even playing behind to empty stadiums looks really remote at this stage. Guess it’s up to all of us to abide by the Government instructions, as it seems that in order to beat this horrendous virus, we simply keep indoors 

London may need to have a longer lockdown than the rest of the UK going at this rate so we may be back sooner than England. I still can't see us playing any football until after the summer though.  

4 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

London may need to have a longer lockdown than the rest of the UK going at this rate so we may be back sooner than England. I still can't see us playing any football until after the summer though.  

We didn't play much football before lockdown to be honest.

Edinburgh Festival now virtually certain to be a casualty. Wouldn’t be surprised if this now impacts on the start of Season 20/21 (even if the current season is terminated now).

I think you’re bang on, Government dropping big hints tonight that this could be a six month thing, maybe I’ve just misinterpreted the news on Sky. 

As per usual the government causes mass misunderstanding with their convoluted discussion on the whole thing. Personally I think get two teams up and get the league restructured. Rovers and Falkirk have the capabilities to hold their own in league 1 next season if promoted with their core players

1 hour ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

As per usual the government causes mass misunderstanding with their convoluted discussion on the whole thing. Personally I think get two teams up and get the league restructured. Rovers and Falkirk have the capabilities to hold their own in league 1 next season if promoted with their core players

The government made it very clear that they were aiming to reduce the impact on the NHS by reducing the peak and extending over a longer period

i’ve been bemused re all these conversations about playing by the end of June. It was never an option and I reckon it’ll be October at the earliest before we see next season underway....if not later....

Very much agree with your comments. With today’s news I’m beginning to think that even October is not looking good. At best it may be closed door games to kick off the new season, but this would only be if the current social distancing is relaxed or removed. Might be a million miles away but I can see the continued postponement of all sports until October/November  unless we miraculously beat this virus with a vaccination. 
I think that in the 6 months time that the deputy CMO was on about, things might look very different to how they look now in terms of lockdown etc but I agree that mass gatherings are highly unlikely to be back as normal. It's going to be all about whether football gets the nod with no fans initially.

Guess a lot depends on what we all do in the next few weeks, crazy as it may seem I can still see/view from my front window groups of people out with no social distance etc 
Yeah seen pictures over the weekend and stories about people having house parties etc, current measures won't work if people can't follow a basic set of rules.

Yeah seen pictures over the weekend and stories about people having house parties etc, current measures won't work if people can't follow a basic set of rules.

I mean the vast, vast majority are following them and social interaction will no doubt be far down on this time last month. A mix of mass WFH, school and university closures, closing down social venues and banning sporting events and gigs will ensure that.

Are some people still having house parties or illegally gathering in public? Sure, but that doesn’t mean that social interaction isn’t considerably down.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Correct that the vast majority of people are finally adhering to the sanctions, so without question there has been a mammoth acceptance of what’s required, however I’m still seeing many younger groups of people and dog walkers without the required distancing. 
My concern is that this virus is still very at the unknown stage apart from it being super infectious, and hoping that the good work of millions aren’t undermined by those that don’t give two F...

This 

Sadly in my street its pretty obvious some are undermining it

Daughter visits mum and dad on Saturday,son visits them on Sunday.Young lad In the house next door takes a call from his mate,they meet in the street and off they go and the house next door to them,daughter,sons and grandchildren are often seen going into the house.Throw in the queue of cars at Strathclyde Country Park at weekend

37 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

From BBC Sport

There is a growing understanding among Scottish football clubs that finishing the season is becoming increasingly unlikely due to the spread of Covid-19.

Well what could they not see what thousands of supporters could see weeks ago ????? 

It's the BBC ! when have they been in touch with reality.

Spot on Bantabairn,

If thats happening in my street though how many other places is it going on?

I like many are having to make do with the facetime and the likes to see and speak to my son and grandson and we have fuckwits as I highlighted that think that doesn,t apply to them

Never knew we had so many fuckwits,  It’s difficult to say to any of our families that we can’t meet or hug, but a small price to pay.  Police in any other country would round these knobs  up. 
Nae offence but how were you not aware that we live a country rife with fuckwits?

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Not a betting man, but think this confirms that harsh reality of whether clubs can survive. Without immediate cash injection to many clubs, unfortunately I believe we may have clubs folding within weeks. Game changer for us, time for the BOD to grow a pair and get the current agreements with council / partners re-negotiated to suit our financial capacity/ capabilities. The rest of the world are currently undertaking, we are no different 

When this is all over whenever that is then it will be a different world. People who would never buy online will now think nothing of it. People being homeless and on the street will be socially unacceptable and given help by society to turn their life around by the very society that has let them down. Shops , Pubs will not bother taking the risk of starting again not knowing what % of their customer base will return. Selling the NHS to the Americans will not happen. Which bring me onto football.

It looks like some clubs will go out of business or think the unthinkable and amalgamate to survive. Ambitious junior clubs getting an opportunity to play at a higher level. For a country the size of Scotland having so many football associations SPFL -SFA - Junior associations and on and on is nothing more than a job creation scheme for budding blazers. The leagues are a self preservation society for an elite few to the detriment of all. 

If there is no fundamental change in the way the game is run ready to implement when football returns. Whether that be a new league structure, voting reform then decline will continue to accelerate in the amount of clubs, standard of football and the support.

It would be great if all the gate money were split equally in each league. ( we are all players in the same show) Clubs should keep any additional revenue they generate but the league ticket money belongs to everyone as without a league of teams there is no show!
In addition young players (under 20) should be allocated to clubs on a draft basis similar to the NFL. We desperately need a more competitive game to lift the quality of football and make the overall football more exciting. Probably Celtic would still win the league but it would give others a chance! They have 30 million in the bank but will never “cut it in Europe” anyway , yet they can take most players they wish from other clubs and in some cases they don’t even need or use them !We need a re think how we got to the position that they make up the rules is a sad testimony of days gone by. A silver lining of this shutdown is must clubs will be f—-coed big time and they should INSIST on change and realize how strong there hand is . No change no league and stand by it we need to force change Celtic now and rangers in the past have too much money and power , They can keep the cards stacked in their favor but it should not result in a situation where they have 30 million in the bank and we participate willingly in a shit show that allows that to continue !

30 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

It would be great if all the gate money were split equally in each league. ( we are all players in the same show) Clubs should keep any additional revenue they generate but the league ticket money belongs to everyone as without a league of teams there is no show!
In addition young players (under 20) should be allocated to clubs on a draft basis similar to the NFL. We desperately need a more competitive game to lift the quality of football and make the overall football more exciting. Probably Celtic would still win the league but it would give others a chance! They have 30 million in the bank but will never “cut it in Europe” anyway , yet they can take most players they wish from other clubs and in some cases they don’t even need or use them !We need a re think how we got to the position that they make up the rules is a sad testimony of days gone by. A silver lining of this shutdown is must clubs will be f—-coed big time and they should INSIST on change and realize how strong there hand is . No change no league and stand by it we need to force change Celtic now and rangers in the past have too much money and power , They can keep the cards stacked in their favor but it should not result in a situation where they have 30 million in the bank and we participate willingly in a shit show that allows that to continue !

There is the nuclear option should Celtic and Ranger veto change. Every club resigns from the league and start afresh with a new league system and ruling body. Just like when teams resigned from the league ruling body and formed the SPL.  Celtic, Rangers , SFA, SPFL would have no other choice but to accept change and a more democratic structure. While some could live with their Old firm match every week they would be an international laughing stock and have an exodus of players , management and sponsors and no European football and the money that comes with it.

The power is there all that is needed is the collective will to do it.