The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Back in January the editor of the Lancet (he was on QT) was saying that there was nothing to worry about and he was privy to all the info.

He has since been backtracking but his earlier writings have been exposed.

How can you then blame politicians, who are no EXPERTS on this, for being too slow?

Richard Horton, the Lancet editor, is not an epidemiologist. 

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Agreed. In an emergency you trust the experts.

If a Police Officer runs into whatever building you're in and shouts "Evacuate now. Run, run" you don't stop to argue with him or question his reasons.

In a matter of life and death, you do what you're told. THIS is life and death.

So no DWP, you are not making sense. 

Didn't work out too well at grenfell mind you. Christ is this no a falkirk fc thread ffs.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If he’s not privy to all the up to date info, then who is?

Experts, like the ones at Imperial College who see and are qualified to interpret the raw data.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Didn't work out too well at grenfell mind you. Christ is this no a falkirk fc thread ffs.

Best post this afternoon.

Well done.

It all helps to alleviate the boredom.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Tell the farmers about the mess they made of foot and mouth disease. Same people.

Do you think we should be copying these Dinamo Minsk lads from this afternoon then, or carrying on the lockdown for a while?

image.png

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Experts, like the ones at Imperial College who see and are qualified to interpret the raw data.

The peak of the UK’s coronavirus outbreak could come as soon as next Sunday, new research claims.

A new paper from Imperial College London estimates that if Britain follows the same pattern as China, the highest number of deaths recorded in a single day will come on Sunday, April 5.

The research - which studies the effects of social distancing measures - predicts that at the height of Covid-19, the UK will see 260 people die in a single day.

Unfortunately we hit that height today

The IC also predict lockdown lifted by the summer time if 

No need to go to those lengths.
You can save the gas.
Just let them go about their normal lives rather than imprisoning them as is happening at the moment (I’m included) and as a consequence reducing their lifespan.

Lets just open the doors and let people die needlessly.....and all because your businesses are in financial difficulty.
Selfish c**t....

Its complacency and a lackadaisical attitude to it thats the killer and the trouble is with that attitude its not the person that catches its fault is the person thats spreading it because they think they aren't going to catch it or its just a wee flu when it isn't.    This.

Also should bear in mind that lessons learned from this crisis will be available for use if an other pandemic descends upon us in the future.
Any future event could potentially involve a vastly more lethal virus.
We must have procedures ready.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Also should bear in mind that lessons learned from this crisis will be available for use if an other pandemic descends upon us in the future.
Any future event could potentially involve a vastly more lethal virus.
We must have procedures ready.

Just a pity the chinese hadn't learned fae the last one(sars) or we may no be in this mess. My main concern is if they continue to do nothing what's the next one going to be like?

When I were a lad, I remember gathering up enough money to take my “gf” to the pictures. Logan’s Run it was. Science fiction twaddle, but a decent yarn. Never thought I’d ever experience someone proposing Logan’s Run Lite as a form of government policy.

Celtic, Rangers and Motherwell are already guaranteed top six finishes so got the minimum for 6th place in the Premiership, the other clubs can still be bottom six so got the minimum payment for 12th, AFAIK.

I get that but this is hardly a normal situation and most of the SPFL are struggling, many for survival. Offering League One clubs 2.7k and League Two half that is hardly going to help.
An exception should have been made to protect the game by spreading the cash more evenly when the season is incomplete and we are in crisis imo.....

29 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I get that but this is hardly a normal situation and most of the SPFL are struggling, many for survival. Offering League One clubs 2.7k and League Two half that is hardly going to help.
An exception should have been made to protect the game by spreading the cash more evenly when the season is incomplete and we are in crisis imo.....

Absolutely. At a time of unprecedented strain and crisis, it surely wasn't beyond them to think a bit outside the box for once and come to some agreement on a more equitable distribution of income. There's a reasonable argument about clubs at different levels having different levels of need and financial requirement, so it would not be realistic or probably even necessary to be giving say Brechin City £300k. But the disparity is as depressing as it is predictable. But what does Cockwomble care, he'll give not lose any sleep over clubs going to the wall. Simply brings his wet dream of Bigot Colts playing league football ever closer to reality.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

When I were a lad, I remember gathering up enough money to take my “gf” to the pictures. Logan’s Run it was. Science fiction twaddle, but a decent yarn. Never thought I’d ever experience someone proposing Logan’s Run Lite as a form of government policy.

Life's a bit of a carousel anyway!

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just a pity the chinese hadn't learned fae the last one(sars) or we may no be in this mess. My main concern is if they continue to do nothing what's the next one going to be like?

I thought they said they had closed down all those "wet markets" where all that disgusting stuff goes on.

But then they would say that.

Way too slow to warn the world also.    

Edited by Hank von Hell

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I thought they said they had closed down all those "wet markets" where all that disgusting stuff goes on.

But then they would say that.

Way too slow to warn the world also.    

Apparently those "wet markets" have just been reopened after the lockdown over there has been relaxed.