The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
BPM - big story in the papers today saying that the epicentre of European cv was in the Austrian Tyrol region, in particular the ski resort of Ischgli.
Any chance that’s where you were?
Apparently, big scandal brewing in Austria over the cover up.

What paper was it in?

Daily Mail

48 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
BPM - big story in the papers today saying that the epicentre of European cv was in the Austrian Tyrol region, in particular the ski resort of Ischgli.
Any chance that’s where you were?
Apparently, big scandal brewing in Austria over the cover up.

What paper was it in?

Independent running with the same story:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-patient-zero-symptoms-austria-ski-resort-daren-bland-ischgl-a9427811.html

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

If football isn't starting till August then why not play the remaining games then plus next season's league and Scottish cup, then from January play a season where everyone plays home and away (basically half a season) then back to normal from 21/22 season. Just an idea

With that suggestion, why not just take the first half of this season, and call it done then. That way the teams would be the same for the “season”, while under your proposal they would change. Aha, wait, I know why.

There would have to be 6-8 weeks of preparation for a new season or finishing the old one. The pitches would have to be prepared plus refurbishment and repairs to the stadiums. Players contracts would be all over the place so it would be a hectic in and outs all round. Then there would training and warm up matches to get season ready.

Whatever format the restart takes depends on circumstances and the date when things are back to normal. Nothing can be decided until that is known. Then there is the commercial and marketing to be done as they will want certainty before agreeing how much to pay. Can't see a season starting just as winter starts, it would be a commercial disaster.

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There would have to be 6-8 weeks of preparation for a new season or finishing the old one. The pitches would have to be prepared plus refurbishment and repairs to the stadiums. Players contracts would be all over the place so it would be a hectic in and outs all round. Then there would training and warm up matches to get season ready.

Whatever format the restart takes depends on circumstances and the date when things are back to normal. Nothing can be decided until that is known. Then there is the commercial and marketing to be done as they will want certainty before agreeing how much to pay. Can't see a season starting just as winter starts, it would be a commercial disaster.

Still think we’ll all be back in business around Easter

Trump isn’t doling out a trillion plus to just watch the economy go down the pan.

Once the hospitals can cope that’ll be it.

If the US leads, the rest of the world will follow

Fast  reaching the stage where the cure is worse than the disease.

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Trump isn’t doling out a trillion plus to just watch the economy go down the pan.

I’m genuinely not trying to be a dick here but are you blind, deaf or just fcuking stupid?

Wow. I can visualise Himmler and Goebbels and Eichmann and Hitler nodding sagely in agreement, but you’d be hard pushed to find too many others applauding.

Fantasy nonsense

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Idiot found

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That "cure worse than the disease" thing is, as I understand it, a direct quote from none other than Donald Trump.

If that doesnt tell you all you need to know about this cat, I dont know what will. Idiot.

Around half a million folks die in the UK every year, with all kinds of illnesses and diseases. Some are tragic like youngsters succumbing to terrible diseases way before their time.

But that is life, I’m afraid.

There has to be an end game or millions will be unemployed on a permanent basis with thousands dying of depression, heart attacks, obesity, alcoholism, you name it. As I say, the cure will be worse than the disease!

Calling me an idiot (which doesn’t bother me, by the way) only reinforces just how lacking in foresight most of you are.

The latest death forecast btw, is now around 5k as against an average flu death year of around 8000.

Even Andrew Neil is starting to question the rationale now. Take a look at his twitter account

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Around half a million folks die in the UK every year, with all kinds of illnesses and diseases. Some are tragic like youngsters succumbing to terrible diseases way before their time.

But that is life, I’m afraid.

There has to be an end game or millions will be unemployed on a permanent basis with thousands dying of depression, heart attacks, obesity, alcoholism, you name it. As I say, the cure will be worse than the disease!

Calling me an idiot (which doesn’t bother me, by the way) only reinforces just how lacking in foresight most of you are.

The latest death forecast btw, is now around 5k as against an average flu death year of around 8000.

Even Andrew Neil is starting to question the rationale now. Take a look at his twitter account

Apologies in advance for anybody offended by this post.

With the moniker Dawson Park Boy, are you an ex-teacher or an ex-pupil?

I know what my money is on.

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

That's after a few months with 90% of the population locked in their bedrooms you doss c**t. 

I dont know how normality will look like after this, actually understand what DPB is saying but in the grand scheme of things Trump is arsing up the US in this on a massive scale in fact he pretty much makes Boris look like Einstein.  US looks as if they are going to surpass China as the global epicentre of this virus.  I dont think our own measures have gone far enough a lock down is only going to work if EVERYONE adheres to it you cant just pick and choose who should be at work and who shouldnt and for anyone asking ok whats the answer, there is no right answer to this is the likes has never been thought of its highly contagious and its deadly theres numerous examples especially of the younger generation flouting it with their ignorace to name a few:

The twat that done the corona virus challenge by licking a toilet seat is now in hospital with it

lass in the US that refused to believe it and went to a house party and now has it in fact she said take it seriously stay inside as she is coughing up blood and struggles to breathe

theres still too much complacency in the UK with this and thats where we are going to fail. BPM can speak from first hand experience on this and he is right it needs to be taken more serious.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, smart ass.

Whats your exit plan? 

Never claimed to have one.

However, managing this pandemic in a controlled manner has to be better than your laissez faire solution. 2 libertarians, Boris Johnson and Rand Paul, who probably only paid lip service to following common sense guidelines, ended up contracting Covid-19.