The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Unfair criticism given the recent passing of Kenny Rogers. No-one ever saw MC and KR at the same time, so there’s a 50-50 chance that the demise of one is also the demise of the other.

To be fair to MC, he didn't have his beard on his forehead!

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

If i remember correctly the guy at the end screaming abuse at Davie Hay was from Grangemouth,not often we enjoy games at the OF grounds but what a day out that was.

See these folk that troop onto the bus from Falkirk district to go and watch the old firm and have no connection with Glasgow they are not football fans. They are trophy hunters plain and simple. Exposure of that Indisputable fact with them ends in wind and bluster as they cant defend the un defendable. Long may their humiliation continue. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

See these folk that troop onto the bus from Falkirk district to go and watch the old firm and have no connection with Glasgow they are not football fans. They are trophy hunters plain and simple. Exposure of that Indisputable fact with them ends in wind and bluster as they cant defend the un defendable. Long may their humiliation continue. 

They're not trophy hunters plain and simple, listen to the singing in the highlights of the Jimmy Gilmour game, loud and clear "soon there'll be no protestants at all, we're on..." got rangers highlights this weekend, sure there'll be a few Pope mentions in their songs. If folk from outside glasgow supported them because they win all the time and are successful I wouldn't like it but it's far better than why they do get the support they do. 

7 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

They're not trophy hunters plain and simple, listen to the singing in the highlights of the Jimmy Gilmour game, loud and clear "soon there'll be no protestants at all, we're on..." got rangers highlights this weekend, sure there'll be a few Pope mentions in their songs. If folk from outside glasgow supported them because they win all the time and are successful I wouldn't like it but it's far better than why they do get the support they do. 

Come on Knee Jerk. How do they arrive at supporting ( ahem ) the old firm ?  Who wins every week and gets trophies every season ! they will do for me. When asked to explain why they go to Rangers or Celtic games it's all wind and bluster. Have exposed countless of them in front of their peers that they are trophy hunters. Its spluttering ifs - buts - because getting more and more frustrated as they dig a hole for themselves convicted by their own words that they are Trophy Hunters not supporters.

On this one Knee Jerk lets agree to disagree.

I'm not really disagreeing with you, a lot of supporting the old firm is glory hunting and winning most weeks help keep their support, just saying there's another reason why they get support, there's a reason a city like Edinburgh of similar size can't produce a team to compete with them,  there's a reason most celtic fans in falkirk went to st mungos and why there's few or no rangers fans there, they tend to be spread around the town's other schools. I know there are exceptions but in general this holds up.

15 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I'm not really disagreeing with you, a lot of supporting the old firm is glory hunting and winning most weeks help keep their support, just saying there's another reason why they get support, there's a reason a city like Edinburgh of similar size can't produce a team to compete with them,  there's a reason most celtic fans in falkirk went to st mungos and why there's few or no rangers fans there, they tend to be spread around the town's other schools. I know there are exceptions but in general this holds up.

Fair point ! But that is the poison of religious indoctrination and tagging it onto a football team. You mention St Mungo's school, Falkirk High were looked on as the Rangers of school football for years. Religion in football is two turds on the sole of a shoe but when you look at them they are still two turds. If its religion that drives an individual to turning up at Ibrox and Parkhead then add on sectarianism to the Trophy hunter tag and hell mend them ( excuse the pun )

Anyway its good sport belittling them in the pub with derision , ridicule and piss takes. Standing there having to take it with no herd support to back them up is always good fun.

Both of you are correct.

There is certainly a level of glory hunting attached to this, however, IMO, most OF fans support is down to bigotry. If they're not bigoted themselves (most of them are on some level) then it's down to 'I support (insert appropriate arse cheek) because my father did and so did his' blah blah. They're ancestors support was originally down to bigotry. If everyone in Glasgow supported their local team, Arse cheeks, Partick & QP would surely all have a similar number of fans?

There's peer pressure as well of course; if everyone in your class supports either one when you're 8 years old then chances are that you will too. Again though, the fact that everyone in the class supports them is originally down to the bigotry thing. I could well have ended up supporting them too if it wasn't for my father, who had no interest in football, from stopping me.

The divide in Scottish Football :    

Football in Scotland has been suspended since 13 March.

Payments due to be paid in April have begun to appear in the bank accounts of each of the clubs, many of which are suffering financial difficulty.

The top three in the Premiership - Celtic, Rangers and Motherwell - will receive £395,000 plus VAT.

The rest of the top flight clubs will get £157,500 plus VAT.

The payments dip significantly down the divisions. Championship clubs are due to be paid £26,500 plus VAT, League One clubs £2,700 plus VAT and League Two clubs £1,350 plus VAT.

Whyever do Celtic need £400k whilst we and other clubs are receiving 2.7k or less?

This should not be about prize money in an incomplete season. Complete joke.....

Oh, and I note that the top three in the other divisions don’t appear to being paid more than the other clubs. Why is that I wonder? Motherwell getting a fat payment to deflect from old firm bias.

Once the HMRC portal is up and running (during April, I think) we’ll receive 80% of the furloughed staff normal wages.

We are, of course, entitled to reduce the pay of staff to the 80% which would mean we would reclaim 100% of wage costs.

Not sure how that would apply to player contracts?

The club could also get some bank finance to tide it over at 0% interest for 6months.

Not sure if any of the grants will apply. Rather think not.

There seemingly is a clause in players contracts that when events like this happen, the club don't have to pay them.

I really can't see this season restarting anytime soon, the likes of Spain and Italy on serious lockdown and the numbers are going up points towards the UK following similar growth.

Once the HMRC portal is up and running (during April, I think) we’ll receive 80% of the furloughed staff normal wages.

We are, of course, entitled to reduce the pay of staff to the 80% which would mean we would reclaim 100% of wage costs.

Not sure how that would apply to player contracts?

The club could also get some bank finance to tide it over at 0% interest for 6months.

Not sure if any of the grants will apply. Rather think not.

Not losing what we lost last season

Both of you are correct.
There is certainly a level of glory hunting attached to this, however, IMO, most OF fans support is down to bigotry. If they're not bigoted themselves (most of them are on some level) then it's down to 'I support (insert appropriate arse cheek) because my father did and so did his' blah blah. They're ancestors support was originally down to bigotry. If everyone in Glasgow supported their local team, Arse cheeks, Partick & QP would surely all have a similar number of fans?
There's peer pressure as well of course; if everyone in your class supports either one when you're 8 years old then chances are that you will too. Again though, the fact that everyone in the class supports them is originally down to the bigotry thing. I could well have ended up supporting them too if it wasn't for my father, who had no interest in football, from stopping me.
I dont agree. They become bigoted to show how big a fan they are. Subconsciously they know the ridiculousness of supporting these clubs so they attach other meaning to it to try and justify it. Truly pathetic. The most pathetic subset of people in Scottish life.

Thing is i know fans of both sides of the arse cheeks and in all cases its down to religion and they really are as bitter as they come i can also apply the same to my ex and again as bitter as they come.  Even when you ask why they support which of the arsecheeks is relevant to them they try to justify it with some pish like "ah'm no fi there am originally fi Glasgow "insert which area" or my da supports them therefore i support them its pretty much a herd mentality and lack of being able to think for themselves or choose their own team they would rather just spout some lame excuse to why they support one of the arsecheeks rather than just say why they really support them which is pretty much cause they are a bigot.

Also got to applaud the green arsecheeks stance of supporting all matters of international terrorism IRA/ PLO etc the only ones they haven't actually supported was Isis they really do surpass how low a humans can go.

Their take on domestic politics is great as well how none of them haven't been signed up as MPs i don't know, you want independence your a tim or you want to stay in the union your a prod they even manage to put that one down to religious lines as well which says it all about them.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:
Both of you are correct.

I dont agree. They become bigoted to show how big a fan they are. Subconsciously they know the ridiculousness of supporting these clubs so they attach other meaning to it to try and justify it. Truly pathetic. The most pathetic subset of people in Scottish life.

Yea, I said that.

Bit of fun to divert the mind. Scotland international hard man eleven from players from your era. No rights or wrongs but something to get the mind thinking. Here is mine.

Defense. Harvey - Greig -  Gemmill - Holton - Forsyth

Midfield. McKay - Bremner - Souness - Hay

Forwards. Ferguson ( the Duncan version ) and Jordan.

It would be a very good football team as well. But my goodness you would not want to mess about with them.

Bit of fun to divert the mind. Scotland international hard man eleven from players from your era. No rights or wrongs but something to get the mind thinking. Here is mine.
Defense. Harvey - Greig -  Gemmill - Holton - Forsyth
Midfield. McKay - Bremner - Souness - Hay
Forwards. Ferguson ( the Duncan version ) and Jordan.
It would be a very good football team as well. But my goodness you would not want to mess about with them.
Needs more Albert Craig IMO.