The Falkirk FC Thread

Cant help feeling we'll get shafted as usual for doing the right thing. Here we are running as every good club should with a rainy day money stash whilst teams like raith spunk every penny they have on promotion leaving them on the brink when problems come up. They then get the begging bowls out and start whining about being promoted .  Again it just shows you your better running the club on the financial edge or just over it as being sensible gets you nothing. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I would love to know whether this John Park led consortium is the same as the Mark Campbell one minus the snake oil salesman fronting it.

Not ITK but I would guess so. MC was obviously a terrible choice of front man so swap him for someone with a good reputation and try again 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not ITK but I would guess so. MC was obviously a terrible choice of front man so swap him for someone with a good reputation and try again 🤷🏼‍♂️

Is there any evidence that any of this happening or are we just slating our woeful board because we don’t have anything else to do?……

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Is there any evidence that any of this happening or are we just slating our woeful board because we don’t have anything else to do?……

Was posted a few days back only by a couple of posters that Deans has had talks with an interested party about the sale of the club. Whether there is any truth I don’t know but 2 sources on here so might be something in it.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I certainly don’t have any evidence, I’m just joining the chat on here. What I am saying is that if there is a JP led consortium I believe it would be the MC led consortium minus MC.

Possibly a very pointless conversation but it least it fills a void. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cant help feeling we'll get shafted as usual for doing the right thing. Here we are running as every good club should with a rainy day money stash whilst teams like raith spunk every penny they have on promotion leaving them on the brink when problems come up. They then get the begging bowls out and start whining about being promoted .  Again it just shows you your better running the club on the financial edge or just over it as being sensible gets you nothing. 

You need to read up on the history of your club

6 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Well the same clowns thought MC was a shining example of who to sell the club to and we all know how that pans out, It took them 6 months to work out what we had all found out in 24hrs.

This might be the kick in the balls they need to sell the club, but it might mean some of the previously interested parties getting involved and enquiring again how anyone goes about that is anyones guess.

Not everyone found out,  or didn't want to accept MC was a conman - he had his Twitter zombie following right up to the death and there was some guy on here even after all the evidence and a week before it collapsed saying MC was "worth a punt".  Jesus wept.   

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You need to read up on the history of your club

I know all about the history of my club.  We were also the only muppets to pay back 100 percent of our debt when we did get into financial difficulty while the likes of hearts, dundee, livi, dunfermline etc paid back pittance some even 0p in the pound.  No encouragement in scottish football to actually do the right thing. We'd have been far better shafting our creditors like they did.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Raith chairman spouting more complete pish. Aye just promote us as that's what the facts are.  Facts are we've played you twice at your place and once at ours. Why not a one off game at ours to settle it oncecsnd for all and even up that statistic. Bet he wont be very keen at that.

And when exactly are we expected to play this one off game. Football will not be played before the end of May and unlikely to be played before July. All players still require a preseason as they wont have kicked a ball in weeks. We also will only have 9 signed players so we can only play you in a game of 6 a side.  Football bosses need to make a decision. For me Raith and Falkirk are the 2 best sides in this league and wont look out of place in the Championship so promote both, no relegation and promote the winners from Lowland and Highland leagues.

If your not happy with that then replicate the results from the 2nd quarter and promote the Champions. Guess what we go up.

20 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

And when exactly are we expected to play this one off game. Football will not be played before the end of May and unlikely to be played before July. All players still require a preseason as they wont have kicked a ball in weeks. We also will only have 9 signed players so we can only play you in a game of 6 a side.  Football bosses need to make a decision. For me Raith and Falkirk are the 2 best sides in this league and wont look out of place in the Championship so promote both, no relegation and promote the winners from Lowland and Highland leagues.

If your not happy with that then replicate the results from the 2nd quarter and promote the Champions. Guess what we go up.

Then I'd just null and void the season and start again but with double the prize money for the new season obviously.  Treats every club the same. Quite happy to forget this shitebag of a season ever actually happened.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Hypothetically, if the league is settled and raith were to go up then the defensive playing for a draw at their park would come back to bite us big time. Was a terrible decision at the time even without hindsight.

And could someone put the dawson guy out of his misery about why someone compaired us to celtic as it's obviously annoying him! 

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Then I'd just null and void the season and start again but with double the prize money for the new season obviously.  Treats every club the same. Quite happy to forget this shitebag of a season ever actually happened.

Do you honestly believe that Liverpool, Celtic, Dundee Utd will allow the leagues to be voided. Legal challenges from every direction. Why are you so against promotion from 2nd place, strange I'd be fighting for that if I was a Falkirk fan.  

Raith have been doing some snivelling and whining since everything went onto lockdown. The clear reasoning is now coming out as to why. Potless and on the cusp of going out of business.

I was told yesterday this season will be finished before the next one starts. So you better start filing those buckets your Chairman wants to rattle under your noses and quick. You ain't getting no free ticket

5 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Do you honestly believe that Liverpool, Celtic, Dundee Utd will allow the leagues to be voided. Legal challenges from every direction. Why are you so against promotion from 2nd place, strange I'd be fighting for that if I was a Falkirk fan.  

What's liverpool got to do with scottish football.  Epl dont have to do exactly the same as SPFL.  They can do what they want.  I just think it's the fairest thing across the board in scotland . Everyone is then treated in the same way.  No preferential treatment. If you just promote two then airdrie and east fife get shafted.  Forget this season happened and move on with a fresh start.

I think we are at the stage where things are too far gone as been posted said any club that votes for null and void will have legal action taken against them mainly due to TV rights and advertising. Clubs want the Scottish Govt to wait until 1st July for any games as this allows  insurance to kick in.Then you get the whole if Celtic get declared Champions if the season is ended you get the other arsecheek saying it calls into question sporting integrity (Irony on that one). All in all i think the only way its going to work out regardless how long it takes is finish this season off.

We are now at the point where folk wailing about Liverpool or Celtic deserving a title need to shut the f**k up and get some perspective. It is now utterly cringeworthy to see folk saying anything other than "let's get through this, sport doesnt matter a f**k".

Once it looks like we might have a society worth a f**k at the back end, then argue the toss.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No, now f**k off to Ibrox

So you are admitting that you were abusing KK with your vile language just because he may have been a Celtic supporter.

He is a director and employee of FFC and, in my opinion, does a great job in bringing revenue in to the club.

I like him a lot.

You certainly are an obnoxious individual.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We are now at the point where folk wailing about Liverpool or Celtic deserving a title need to shut the f**k up and get some perspective. It is now utterly cringeworthy to see folk saying anything other than "let's get through this, sport doesnt matter a f**k".

Once it looks like we might have a society worth a f**k at the back end, then argue the toss.

Absolutely, 150%, agree with your sentiments here.