The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would follow the exams example and make the whole season null and void and then start again. Everyone then treated the same and that's it.

53 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Yes, totally agree but won’t happen

3 minutes ago, spot on said:

The exam scenario isn’t a good indicator for you boys. the students are going to be awarded grades without passing exams and based on their work to date.

Yea, the reality is the SPFL will attempt to make a silk purse out of a sows ear and likely make a dogs dinner out of it. The teams will be told to keep quiet and carry on, the fans will be told that the decision made was the only one that was reasonable and prudent, and one that will protect the integrity of Scottish Football, and that respects the efforts of the players and staff to the point where the season was stopped. They’ll end with some blather about being sorry for the unfortunate results for some teams, but that respecting the intent of the competition dictated the results that the SPFL promulgated. Then they’ll all go out for a nice dinner, paid for from fund that should have gone to the teams.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The SPFL will do whatever Peter Lawwell tells them to.

See that the league construction is on the agenda with the talks proposal of 3 leagues of 14 teams, no doubt the bigot brothers will vote against it and it will be thrown out.

Dundee

Ayr

Dunfermline

Arbroath

Morton

Alloa

QoS

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Airdrie

East Fife

Montrose

Dumbarton

Looks a pretty competitive league to me.

Top two promoted and third to fifth in playoff with third bottom of the top league...

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would follow the exams example and make the whole season null and void and then start again. Everyone then treated the same and that's it.

Absolutely won't happen...…….Scottish football cannot afford the fall out from that

PS - the exams example is not valid as the students are still being graded for their work. 

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Dundee

Ayr

Dunfermline

Arbroath

Morton

Alloa

QoS

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Airdrie

East Fife

Montrose

Dumbarton

Top two promoted and third to fifth in playoff with third bottom of the top league...

Suggested similar this morning on another thread:

“I now suspect that no more games will played in the 2019-2020 season, and that the 2020-2021 season will be shortened. On that basis, consider the following:

The precedent for a team failing between seasons seems to be a choice between the most recently relegated team(s) or the lower division runners-up. So that will be handled separately from how this season is resolved. A popular option is promoting the top two and relegating none, and if we do have several failures of clubs, this may work out. However, with 14 teams at the Premier League level, what do we do? Play each other three times, drawn randomly for home/away advantage? (39 games) Play twice, split and play twice more? (38 games)

Either way, we would expect the bottom three to be relegated and the fourth to be in a playoff..out of the bottom seven after 26 games, doesn’t seem that fair. There would also be three tossed from the Championship, League One and (possibly) League Two.

The EPL is happy with two games a season versus four. Perhaps it’s time to realign to three leagues of 14 teams? Play twice (home/away), split and play twice (home/away) against your half of the table for a total of 38 games.. That’s 19 games at home for everyone. Top two up and next three play in playoff against third from bottom of league above. Bottom two down and third bottom to the playoff. The lowest team from the third division is in a playoff against the winner of the HL/LL playoff.

We realign by taking 1-14, 15-28 and 29-42 as the entrants in each division based upon current positions. This results in:

New Premier: Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Hamilton, Hearts, Hibs, ICT, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Rangers, Ross County, St. Johnstone, St. Mirren.

New Championship: Airdrie, Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr, Dumbarton, Dundee, Dunfermline, East Fife, Falkirk, Greenock, Montrose, Partick, QoS, Raith.

New League: Albion, Annan, Brechin,  Clyde, Cove, Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh, Elgin, Forfar, Peterhead, Queen’s Park, Sterling Albion, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer.

Who gets hurt? One HL/LL team (this year) and Cove Rangers (sorry, nothing is perfect). Who wins. We do...two more games for most teams and more teams to see each year.”

The thing that p*sses ,me off about this situation is its not about the OF this time its about the survival of clubs and players livelihoods i really couldnt give a flying f**k for those that havent got the mental capacity to follow their local clubs and would rather follow a club on the basis of religion. For once its time for them to do the right thing and reconstruct the leagues it might be the single best if the only thing the Premiership/OF have done for Scottish Football.

26 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The thing that p*sses ,me off about this situation is its not about the OF this time its about the survival of clubs and players livelihoods i really couldnt give a flying f**k for those that havent got the mental capacity to follow their local clubs and would rather follow a club on the basis of religion. For once its time for them to do the right thing and reconstruct the leagues it might be the single best if the only thing the Premiership/OF have done for Scottish Football.

The thing that gets me with the 2 arse cheeks supporters is that the majority of them are hypocrites. What percentage of them are truly religious and Christian? What percentage of them go to their respective churches on a Sunday? What percentage of them could quote you chapter and verse from the Bible? What percentage of them have been known to turn the other cheek? (no pun intended). What percentage of them give to charitable institutions? I’ll take a stab at it and say very few of them.

The majority of them are morons and their dislike for the other faith is down to pure ignorance and tribalism.

Here endeth the sermon.

Pretty sure that one was discussed over a decade ago when they were looking at an SPL 2 type proposal mind you that was only cause the 2 arsecheeks wouldnt budge on restructuring but as mentioned this time teams and players livelihoods are at stake. as i posted this one elsewhere Sevco believing this is a plan to help the other arsecheek win 10 in a row:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/talk-of-14-team-league-leaves-rangers-chiefs-fuming/

eh?

22/2 Falkirk 1 - 0 Montrose
29/2 Montrose 1-0 Airdrie
3/3 Clyde 2-1 Montrose
7/3 Montrose 4-1 Stranraer
10/3 Stranraer 0-1 Montrose
Hardly an "absolute tear". Two of their three wins came against Stranraer.

Correct bang average like the rest of the shite in the league

Dundee
Ayr
Dunfermline
Arbroath
Morton
Alloa
QoS
Partick Thistle
Raith Rovers
Falkirk
Airdrie
East Fife
Montrose
Dumbarton

Looks by and large like a whole pile of shite to me. The mediocrity ingrained in our support is now terminal.

Creaming their pants on Deans drivel of a couple of days ago when he is allegedly trying to sell the club to Park and his merry band.

The sooner Falkirk fans take a grip of our own club and give it a proper shake the better.

43 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Watching the A league live on BT sport. Why can’t we do this? It’s behind closed doors. If all our players, staff and officials were self isolated for 2 weeks then there’s no reason we couldn’t do this. Scott McDonalds just scored.

Can we expect part-time footballers to live without a single outside point of contact for a month and a half? (2 week isolation + finishing the season)

Compare FFC club statement to that made by Nairn County FC on the 18th March.

They have some reserves. They are keeping on staff at full wages. Paying suppliers early helping their cashflow. Discussing forward buying goods and services for when football resumes from local suppliers and companies that buy advertising. Again helping their solvency. Website not mentioning football matters but using the site to highlight local companies and the special offers they have. Staff being deployed to help those with mobility issues or in self isolation by picking up groceries and prescriptions. Lastly they referred to when the club was in dire financial trouble the community rallied round. They stated the club would do the same for the community. Humbling, humane, ethical and a lesson to us all.

Please read their statement it is an inspiring document.

FFC board of directors who we know read this forum please note ! 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Looks by and large like a whole pile of shite to me. The mediocrity ingrained in our support is now terminal.

Creaming their pants on Deans drivel of a couple of days ago when he is allegedly trying to sell the club to Park and his merry band.

The sooner Falkirk fans take a grip of our own club and give it a proper shake the better.

Cant say i was creaming at it but for once it was a statement not attacking the fans and saying they had/have a plan for things. Though given their past efforts of decision making if i was a member of staff or a player i would be worried.

On the JP one i think given the events over the last year he is the only party they are willing to accept as a potential owner (selling to the fans or indeed giving any input to the club by the fans will be seen as them capitulating to what we want) whilst it doesn't inspire me with joy with a scout as an owner its change from Lex and Co which given the disasters/decisions of the past decade has to be an upgrade not by much mind you but an upgrade none the less.  I would imagine JP being easier to deal with with some sort of fan ownership model than the current lot as i would guess he will want the fans on board and not alienated/disenfranchised end of the day it all comes down to money.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Cant say i was creaming at it but for once it was a statement not attacking the fans and saying they had/have a plan for things. Though given their past efforts of decision making if i was a member of staff or a player i would be worried.

On the JP one i think given the events over the last year he is the only party they are willing to accept as a potential owner (selling to the fans or indeed giving any input to the club by the fans will be seen as them capitulating to what we want) whilst it doesn't inspire me with joy with a scout as an owner its change from Lex and Co which given the disasters/decisions of the past decade has to be an upgrade not by much mind you but an upgrade none the less.  I would imagine JP being easier to deal with with some sort of fan ownership model than the current lot as i would guess he will want the fans on board and not alienated/disenfranchised end of the day it all comes down to money.

The main problem with JP for me is who are his partners/other investors?....afterall he was in tow with MC, what other shady characters is he willing to deals with?

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Is this not the time for the Fan Ownership scheme to be resurrected?

They wont deal with fans that's the problem they will only sell to who they want to sell to we have had local businesses want to become involved with the club as well as fans and all were given the runaround by the current lot.

14 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The SPFL will do whatever Peter Lawwell tells them to.

The norm is to follow England, yesterday was another example.

England - 30th April 

Hours later we followed